Create NEW threads DAILY!

Discussion in 'General Postloop Discussion' started by dojo, Mar 14, 2012.

1. dojo

dojo Forum & Blog Owners

Sorry to 'yell' at you guys, but it's frustrating to see tens of forums here with almost no decent threads to post in. I have seen some with 2 threads. Seriously? You want to succeed with the forums and you haven't started any threads? :)

So, my advice for all people involved here: don't expect ME to create threads for you. It's your forum, start 3-4 new threads EACH DAY, so that, when I click 'new posts' I will see something new from yesterday. Most members don't like to create threads, they'd rather reply. And this works great, if you already have something they can reply too.

Don't open a forum with zero content. have 10-15 threads/category and only then start the program. Otherwise you'll hang on those hundreds of postloop points and get zero to none activity.

For your postloop members it works like this:
    1. I look for some interesting forums
    2. If they have no content, I don't bother, there are other tens of forums with enough threads.
    3. I join and start posting
    4. I come TOMORROW and see what's new.
    5. If 2-3 days in a row there's nothing new there, I unsubscribe and go to a forum whose admin is more dedicated.

I really don't want to be mean or 'abusive' to any of you, but you will not kick start that forum in 10 years from now, if you're not willing to go the extra mile and add some topics.

You can use this system for few weeks and have your activity explode, or you'll stay with hundreds of unused points for months and zero activity. And it's all in this small trick: opening new topics will make members post faster, get you more traffic and content.

polgara, Akela, Grumpy and 4 others like this.
  2. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

If I could "like" a post more than once, I would like this one more than once. At least 2 or 3 times :)

I will emphasize that what dojo is saying really only applies to the very new or very slow forums. If your forums are already relatively active, then you don't have to start new threads yourself as the owner, but it also never hurts. I would consider a relatively active forum one that receives a few new non-Postloop threads per day and 30+ non-Postloop posts per day. These forums can benefit from Postloop with little owner interaction.

If your forum is brand new or receives very little non-Postloop traffic, you absolutely must do what dojo is saying otherwise you are wasting your time and money.

Guardian likes this.
  3. dojo

dojo Forum & Blog Owners

Thank you, Ryan, for the support. Am glad I can be of service :)

4. DevilKid

DevilKid Active Member

I agree with all the points you have made dojo. And I am guilty of doing all of them. I haven't made any posts as an admin since I put it up on Postloop. I think I need to rethink my strategies but my 'life' is taking a lot of time away from me and making me think that PL will do the job which I'd normally do.

5. neo240

neo240 Member

Thanks for the post Dojo. I am a subscriber for 2 forums which have almost no threads. Thinking of leaving them now.
    I mean how much could i answer in reply and i dont have knowledge about everything. The forum owners should put some time too. Then there is this one forum whose admin is never online, and i am welcoming new users all the time. Did i mention the forum has 27 threads?

How are supposed to handle them? Should we report them or should we PM them on the forum? I tried PMing, no replies as of yet. I will wait till 2-3 more days and i will unsubscribe from that forum.

6. dojo

dojo Forum & Blog Owners

I usually follow them for few days and then unsubsribe. Or keep the subscription open and post when I have some new content to reply to.

neo240 likes this.
  7. neo240

neo240 Member

Thanks for the advice. I think i will keep the subscription, but wont really post until there are some good content.