Daily Limit

Discussion in 'General Postloop Discussion' started by argon_0, May 15, 2012.

1. argon_0

argon_0 Member

Noticed on one of my subscriptions -1 of 5. I gather one of my posts or threads have been dropped. Is that the case?
  2. Grumpy

Grumpy Forum & Blog Owners

Yes, one of your posts has been deleted. This should in effect mean you can now post at that forum 6 times today, instead of 5.
  3. argon_0

argon_0 Member

Thanks Grumpy. Love to know why? Is there rhyme or reason for a deletion? :confused: Wondering if I got something wrong?:confused:
  4. PsuedoK

PsuedoK Forum & Blog Owners

Your post might have been offtopic or low quality.
  5. argon_0

argon_0 Member

Not sure how it was possible?
  6. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

Your post can also be deleted in the unfortunate event that you replied to a thread that was deleted.
  7. argon_0

argon_0 Member

Thanks Ryan. I like to think this may be the case. :thumbsup:
  8. MyOCDisMild

MyOCDisMild New Member

I was wondering....I know we can only post so many times at a forum and get points...but let's say we reach our daily limit, and continue to post there. Obviously we know we aren't going to receive any more points, but does this effect us negatively?
  9. PsuedoK

PsuedoK Forum & Blog Owners

No it shouldn't.
  10. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

Maybe, maybe not.

When a site owner sets a limit, they probably do it for one of two reasons:

- They can't afford to spend too many points
    - They don't want writers making too many posts, because it isn't natural

If the limit is set because of the first reason alone, you are probably okay to post more, and the site owner may actually appreciate it (they're getting free content). If the limit is set because of the second reason, they may not want more posts....however, if those posts are exceptional, they might be okay with it. Some may set a limit for both reasons. It is impossible for anybody to know except for the site owner. If you want to completely safeguard yourself, you could always directly message the site owner to see what their position is on it.
  11. argon_0

argon_0 Member

Thanks for that advise Ryan.
  12. argon_0

argon_0 Member