Do the ones giving ratings see comments?

Discussion in 'Existing Users, Questions & Support' started by polgara, Jul 31, 2012.

1. polgara

polgara Member

I was given my first rating today. It was anonymously given and no comments were made as to why that rating was given. If I comment to ask why they rated me rather low, will they see it?

I'm really disappointed with what I was given but I don't know which of the 4 boards issued it. I just looked over my work and I think I did well on each of them. There is one board where I gave the shortest responses and threads compared to the others, but even those are at least 2 lines and usually 3-4.

Obviously, length isn't the only consideration. I understand that. I realize that each reviewer will have different things they look for and rate accordingly, but it would be helpful if they'd at least give a reason for below average ratings.

Not griping just to gripe, Ryan, as I do really like the set-up here. Just wondering about whether the rater can see my response and giving a gentle nudge to reviewers that a comment might get them what they're looking for.
  2. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

Yes, raters will see your comments but are not required to respond.

Do a search in these forums for anonymous ratings and rating feedback. You will find a lot of discussion on it.
  3. Pete

Pete Staff Staff Member

They'll get a notification that there is a comment. Nothing can force them to log in and read your comment though.
  4. polgara

polgara Member

Thanks for the answers. I did read several posts about anonymous ratings but didn't see anything about whether or not the reviewer would see any comments I added. I realize they may not reply, but you never know.