Drupal

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Feedback' started by Michael C, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael C

Michael C New Member

I run a drupal site and would like to use your program. Your FAQs said to post here to suggest a new software be supported.
  2. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

Drupal has never been a strong forum platform and can't see us providing Postloop integration for it any time soon.
  3. chrism2671

chrism2671 New Member

How significantly integrated is Postloop into other forum platforms? How much work is typically required to integrate it? I'd consider doing it myself if it wasn't too tough; we currently run a biggish forum on Drupal here, having moved away from vBulletin some years ago, due its inability to be a decent CMS.
    yuk75 likes this.
  4. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

The answer to your question varies on the skill level of the person integrating and the software they are working with. Regardless, in order to use Postloop, you must use software that we support and have integrated ourselves. It is not something that you will be able to do on your own.
  5. chrism2671

chrism2671 New Member

I've had a quick look at the postloop.php for phpBB and it looks simple. I can make a version of this for Drupal that would produce identical behaviour. If I were to do this, would you be interested in supporting it, or is this still out of the question?
    yuk75 likes this.
  6. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

Still out of the question, sorry.
  7. yuk75

yuk75 Forum & Blog Owners

How long does it take to integrate it? Is it difficult?

For you personally, I mean.
  8. chrism2671

chrism2671 New Member

If you're asking me, I think it would be around two hours to do it and test it. It's really simple, but I don't want to do anything if Ryan isn't cool with it.
  9. chrism2671

chrism2671 New Member

yuk75, I should probably add at the moment I've just set a phpBB forum as a vessel. When someone posts on there, I'm just copy-pasting it into Drupal. I hired a bunch of writers on Elance to do the writing as well and they just write straight into the Drupal forum.
  10. chrism2671

chrism2671 New Member

Ryan, I had a pretty good experience with Postloop in trying it with phpBB. I still really need to use Drupal; is there anyway I could persuade you this is worth doing? If I were to buy a certain number of credits, would you consider it?
  11. chrism2671

chrism2671 New Member

It would be a real help!
  12. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

Sorry, but not at this time.
  13. yuk75

yuk75 Forum & Blog Owners

What if he paid you to get it done? He obviously really needs it for his business.
  14. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

Since I've already answered the question 4 times and it's still being asked, I'm closing this thread.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.