Forum Remark. How are you meant to take it?

Discussion in 'General Postloop Discussion' started by argon_0, Feb 26, 2012.

1. argon_0

argon_0 Member

I heard an interview on the radio this morning on a particular issue that I found interesting.
    I had not heard of the problem before so googled it and then made a post to a Forum I have been contributing to. The first reply to the post, a senior member, commented. Did you post this for a particular reason? Or simply to gain a point?
    Isn't this the point of being a postlooper to contribute what you feel are interesting topics.
    How am I meant to take this?
    Has anyone else had deal with such remarks?
  2. Pete

Pete Staff Staff Member

Hard to say without seeing the post. Was it on topic for the forum? I know it chaffs me the wrong way when Postloopers post an excessive amount of topics that aren't related to the forum's niche.
  3. argon_0

argon_0 Member

Yes it was on Topic and had relevance.
  4. Pete

Pete Staff Staff Member

Ah, I see that it wasn't the forum owner saying that to you. I know the owner, he's a good friend. IMO your best bet is to use the report post function. I doubt that the forum owner has time to personally review all of the posts made to the forum. If the forum owner think that the reply to you was inappropriate, he can remove it or take whatever corrective action he thinks is necessary.
  5. argon_0

argon_0 Member

Thanks for your quick reply. I feel a little cross that this person is a postlooper. From the comment posted it puts me in the situation of being acknowledged as being from postloop which is discouraged on that site. :thumbsdown:
    Ryan likes this.
  6. Pete

Pete Staff Staff Member

Yea, I know, thats why I think you should report the post. Can't really speak for him, but I know if a Postlooper was doing that on my forum I'd want it reported.
  7. Guardian

Guardian Active Member

If it was on-topic and completely in the guidelines of what the owner is wanting, doesn't seem to me like another Postloop member should be pointing that out. Also, if he was, could he have posted that for a point?
    Ryan likes this.
  8. dojo

dojo Forum & Blog Owners

Report. I don't allow my members to give snark comments and I am sure the admin doesn't allow this either. It's not easy handling established members, since they feel like they are entitled to be 'mean', since they've got tenure. I personally have no problem in warning or even banning such people. You cannot trash a new member just because he's new and I do have quite some expectations from experienced members.
  9. toxicz0mg

toxicz0mg New Member

That's a bit rude reply by an staff member. It seems to me that he doesn't have what it takes to be a staff member. You should report it to the admin and ask what did he meant by it and explain you try to help the forum not earn the most points out of it.
  10. argon_0

argon_0 Member

The post was very much on topic and I reported her last week though the post remains. She is not admin but a senior member which means she has made more than 100 posts on that site. The irony is she does post to other new threads started by me. This is all in the past for me now and I hope I don't have to deal with it again. I advise though anyone else in this situation to report it. Thank you for your support.:)