Forums and facebook privacy

Discussion in 'General Forum Discussion' started by dietcoke55, Jul 3, 2011.

1. dietcoke55

dietcoke55 New Member

I see a lot of the forums here have a ‘log in with facebook option’.
    I am not using that function however I am registering with forums using the same email address as the one I use with my facebook account.

Please can someone confirm that there is no chance of posts I write on any of the forums here showing up on my profile page (or wall) on facebook or being emailed to any of my facebook friends?

I hate facebook as I don’t really understand the privacy settings. A few months ago I watched some videos on youtube only to find out that all my friends on facebook had been notified about every video I had watched. It was pretty embarrassing to say the least. I don’t plan on posting anything untoward on any of the forums but would just like to know whether I am being watched so to speak.
  2. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

Nothing you do or post at The Postloop Portal will show up in Facebook unless you click one of the "Like/Recommend" buttons throughout the forums.

The option when you join is there to make joining The Postloop Portal easier - if you don't want to create your own username, password, email address, etc., you can simply enter your Facebook credentials, and an account will be created for you.
    weakme33 likes this.
  3. sweetberries

sweetberries New Member

I like that you can have that privacy
  4. weakme33

weakme33 New Member

I Follow you
    I register at my Facebook Account
    Thanks
  5. Femi Prokop

Femi Prokop New Member

Thanks for this clarification.
  6. sajjad

sajjad New Member

lol , i dont see any security issue when signing with facebook. its handy sometimes and sometimes annoying cos sites after registering through facebook ask to register with complete details again.