Is grammar and spelling important here?

Discussion in 'General Postloop Discussion' started by Peaches100, Jun 23, 2011.

1. Ansem

Ansem Forum & Blog Owners

This, It's ok that you aren't perfect, but some people write so terrible and are so annoying to read that I'm almost certain it's more lack of will than of skill.
  2. argon_0

argon_0 Member

3. toxicz0mg

toxicz0mg New Member

Spelling is not such a big problem because you have the spell checks everywhere. But you should look out to try to do your best to post a decent thread with ok grammar, no one is perfect.
  4. SniperElit

SniperElit New Member

Stop writing such scary things! Getting banned because not being a bad speller. I'm afraid of this too! But reading your posts again and using a spell checker might help a lot! (Not "alot" thanks Spell Checker)
  5. Pete

Pete Staff Staff Member

When you're getting paid for your writing, you really should put the extra effort into it to make sure you're not making egregious spelling and grammar errors.
  6. SniperElit

SniperElit New Member

Yes, yes. I know that. Everyone here (except the staff and those who already lost the game) is stressed. Getting payed for posting on forums is great job.
    That feel when you type every single word in the spell checker and read every single sentence twice or more. But the worse is to fail after it.
  7. Pete

Pete Staff Staff Member

Believe me, I have a lot of respect and admiration for anyone who can fluently speak and write in multiple languages, but I think a lot of people may be setting their expectations too high here. The forum owners don't see the effort that went into it, they just see the words that you post, and when posts such as yours have multiple spelling and grammar errors in it, it stands out. Some forum owners are going to be more forgiving of this, and some less.
    Guardian and Ryan like this.