Losing points after changing daily posting limit

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by radascars, Jul 13, 2011.

1. radascars

radascars Member

I've experienced this two times this week and I am really bothered about it as I lose 20-30 points today.

Earlier one of the forum I subscribed in changed his daily posting limit from 25 posts to 10 posts.
    For what I remember I already posted around 18-22 and I've got a total of 165-170 points but after the forum owner changed it I saw my points dropped to 145-147.

Is this a bug or the points I lose returned to the forum owner?
    Ryan likes this.
  2. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

It's not a bug as much as it is an..."oversight" :)

What was happening was that you've made a certain number of points in a forum, say 25, today. Then, during the day, the forum owner sets a daily limit of 10 posts per day. The next time Postloop ran, it would deduct points from your account for going 15 posts over the limit, but that shouldn't really happen. Since the limit did not exist before you made those posts, you should not lose points for them. It's something that I didn't think about/plan for.

That said, I've fixed this bug so it won't happen again. I adjusted the points back up that you lost today.
    radascars likes this.
  3. radascars

radascars Member

Oh thank you for the quick response!
    And THANK YOU for giving my points back :)

I was about to post my successful story and then I saw you posted in this thread.
    Anyway, I also want to ask if the rating I got in Postloop will expire? I already been here for a month and I am aware of the ratings will expire after 30 days.

I got a 3.8 Postloop rating and its been 1 month since I received it. Is that going to expire or not?
  4. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

Your rating from Postloop will expire tomorrow. It was received on 6/13/2011 and will expire on 7/14/2011.
  5. radascars

radascars Member

Oh I see, thank you for clearing that out. That would help me increase my bonus points :)
    Thank you Ryan :D

I believe I have nothing more to report. :)

Goodluck on your future plans!