Not getting any credits at AdminGab

Discussion in 'Existing Users, Questions & Support' started by headacheinasuitcase, May 17, 2012.

1. This is a very similar case to the one I reported here: http://www.postloop.com/support/ind...ing-any-credits-at-makemoneyonlineinbed.1883/

It's been an hour or so since I made a few new posts at AdminGab, and my dashboard still says I've made 0 out of 5 posts. Perhaps it's the fact that http://admingab.com shows a "Congratulation" page for a recently changed server, a problem I have already reported to the admin.

My username in that site is flying higher and my subscription is active, site is online. This has to be some kind of bug.

Thanks in advance!
  2. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

This is related to DNS propagation. They must have recently moved to a new server. Your connection still sees the old server. Any posts that you have made are not on the "real" or "live" version of AdminGab. The owner of that site should have turned the forums offline before moving...Anyways, there's nothing that we can do about that at Postloop. You will need to wait until your ISP sees the new server.

Hopefully that makes sense. It probably doesn't if you don't know much about servers and websites.
  3. I don't know much about servers and websites, but I think I got the above right.

What if the owner turned the site offline and then online again, would that make my connection see the 'real' version? What about the posts I made, should I delete them and re-post them or will I get the credits once my ISP sees the new server?
  4. Brum26

Brum26 Forum & Blog Owners

I have just come across this after the member above messaged me at admingab. I will try to explain what has happened.

A few days ago I bought the admingab site from somebody. I didn't realise at the time that he was using postloop. Anyway, he must have left the admingab forum active on his postloop account after I took over. I didn't realise this which is why I didn't forsee any problems with changing the server.

This afternoon I added the admingab forum to my postloop account to try and gain some new subscribers but I quickly received a message from Ryan informing me that it had been deleted as admingab was already active on postloop. This was the first I knew about the old owner using postloop for admingab.

This afternoon I finally managed to move admingab from the old owners server on to my own server. I can only assume that because the member above signed up to admingab through the old owners postloop account, it is now not being recognised on the new server, if that makes sense.

I can only suggest that anybody who has previously signed up to admingab waits for 24 hours and then signs up again through my account which will hopefully be re-approved by then.

Sorry for anybody who has been inconvenienced by this but unfortunately it really was out of my hands.
    PsuedoK likes this.
  5. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

I've re-enabled your site, Brum.
  6. As usual, after Ryan's intervention :p, everything's solved now :D Thank you!
    Grumpy likes this.