Postloop still working ?

Discussion in 'General Postloop Discussion' started by Ansem, May 27, 2012.

1. Ansem

Ansem Forum & Blog Owners

Here's my problem.
    Been a member since the beginning but it just seems like a polished turd compared to the statue I got in the beginning.
    Every decent forum I was active on is now gone from here and the ones on here currently are either not interesting at all or have the same topics.
    Not in the mood to subscribe to 5 gaming forums as it'll end with me giving the same introduction basically and both what I post and will get to read from others will be a repetitive pattern.
    Secondly, and I am aware there are some proper ones amongst us so it is not directed at you guys, majority of the forum owners (following the forum pattern), they're crap.
    They are incontactable in any way or will rate randomly/not at all.
    Not in the mood to get a rating with no way of telling me what's good or wrong and to stick with a 3 forever for example.

Seeing as I can't post anymore I don't have points for my own forum either so Postloop is really a beaten horse for me right now.
    I never did it for the money which means I'm probably the only one here, I do it to improve myself and having someone give me a 5 with a <3 is a good egoboost for me, the fact I can reverse that into posts on my own forum is a nice bonus.

Just like to hear everyones opinion and maybe some people (or owners) can help me otherwise.
    Thanks in advance.

argon_0 likes this.
  2. Pete

Pete Staff Staff Member

I think it's just your attitude Ansem, to be honest.

Grumpy likes this.
  3. PsuedoK

PsuedoK Forum & Blog Owners

Yeah, I do not know why you are so upset. Most forums follow the basic outline,

Intros
    Niche stuff
    Off topic stuff

The same way your forum is set up.

4. Ansem

Feel free to recommend me a good forum, because I can't find one that wouldn't feel forced to me.

5. Pete

Pete Staff Staff Member

Try the Green & Alt Energy Forum, that one looks very interesting.

6. Ansem

Anything else ?

7. Pete

Pete Staff Staff Member

You could see a professional.

Grumpy and PsuedoK like this.
  8. argon_0

argon_0 Member

Ansem I couldn't agree more.
    Something's crook in Tallarook.
    I sent out 6 request for a rating. 5 were new raters. Only 2 came back. One was from one of those five.:rolleyes:

9. PsuedoK

Why force an admin to rate you. I think it is weird that you get paid to post, but then need a rating as well.

10. Ansem

What would you mean by that...

argon_0 likes this.
  11. 'Requesting' and 'forcing' are quite different terms...

I've never asked an admin to rate me (I believe they may take it the wrong way). Some admins don't rate you because they either forget to or don't know how to do it. So if you're doing a good job, what's wrong with kindly asking them to give you a fair rating based on your posts?

argon_0 likes this.
  12. Pete

Pete Staff Staff Member

There is nothing wrong with politely asking a forum admin to rate you, or to review your new posts for a re-rate. Some members take it to an unhealthy extreme, though. Not you, but others.

13. argon_0

argon_0 Member

I's not so weird to hope to improve your rating. If you start out with a low rating and the only way to get a higher one is to request nicely from forum owners/admin for a rating and hope this increases your overall rating then it's not weird at all.
    Ratings are few and far between.
    You also must be aware of the bonus system? Then there's the minimum rating to withdraw money.
    headacheinasuitcase mentioned it may be that some amins don't rate because they forget or they don't know how. And there's the third reason that they are not obliged to.
    Weird, not at all.:)

14. Ansem

Still would like to know what exactly is your meaning in this, because as I see it now it is a major insult.

15. PsuedoK

Your issue doesn't seem to have too much to do with the original posters issue was my point.

16. Pete

Pete Staff Staff Member

Ansem, I'm not trying to insult you, it's just that you hate on everything and it gets very tiresome.

17. Ansem

I don't hate on everything, I make valid points so please give me an example.
    You basically just displayed yourself as a complete disrespectful and rude a-hole.
    I'm really shocked this is coming from a staff member on a website which involves money.

18. Pete

Pete Staff Staff Member

I'm just saying, Ansem, that you wouldn't have as much to complain about if you didn't complain about everything.

Grumpy likes this.
  19. PsuedoK

Poostloop is what you make of it. I have yet to find a better way to gain content other than this site. At one time there were about 15 forums I could post on everyday. Now I think there is four. But that also has a lot to do with me being lazy. One thing I have noticed in my short time here is that new forums will pop up and then go away. Some I really like others that are ok.

All the forums on Postloop are not for 100% of the users. So Postloop is what you make of it. Next week there might 20 forums that are right up your ally. Maybe not.

But I can not understand for the life of me what you think the staff can do about it. They can not make forums join that interest you.

Ryan likes this.
  20. cashcube

cashcube New Member

After a long time of inactivity i logged in here. Hopefully site is still working. I will re apply for approval of my post. Let see, good come back.