Posts Not Being Tracked?

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Tom Servo, Oct 14, 2011.

1. Tom Servo

Tom Servo New Member

I've had two users join my forum. One made 5 posts and another made 2 posts, but in my dashboard it shows 0 posts for both users and no points have been deducted from my site.

2. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

3. Tom Servo

Tom Servo New Member

Okay, I'll look into it.

4. Tom Servo

Tom Servo New Member

5. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

There's nothing we can do about that then...If people can sign up to your forums and not have their posts tracked, then Postloop won't work in your forums.

6. Tom Servo

Tom Servo New Member

Okay. Well, how 'bout I just disable FB signup so they have to create an account on the site?

7. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

If you are confident that will fix the problem, and you are okay disabling Facebook, that works for us.

Let me know if/when you do that. You'll need to contact your current subscribers and let them know they need to sign up again.

8. Tom Servo

Tom Servo New Member

Ryan likes this.
  9. Tom Servo

Tom Servo New Member

I've messaged the users and given them a bonus as a consolation.

10. zararina

zararina New Member

Hope it was just okay I join in the conversation in here.
    I did not signed up using Facebook or anything just using a Yahoo mail. I had tried signing in again and created one post but points still not updating.
    Do I need to sign up again? I had used my email so it will mean I need to use another email and another username. And it will also mean I need to unsubscribed in the forum with my zararina username to be able to subscribe again with another username. Thanks and kindly advise.

11. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

12. Tom Servo

Tom Servo New Member

Well, I've found out what the problem is but I don't know why it's occurring. I assumed it was single sign on but I was wrong. After creating a new account for Zararina and several other test accounts, I was able to confirm that posts are only tracked if and when a user starts a new thread and replies to a thread. If the user only starts threads, or only replies to threads, they don't get credit. As soon as the user does one of each, all of their new and previous posts are counted just fine.

I posted 2 comments on a test account, waited 10 minutes, nothing was tracked. I posted one new thread, then immediately 3 posts were counted. Conversely, I posts to new threads on a test account, waited 10 minutes, nothing was tracked. I posted 1 comment, and 3 posts were immediately counted.

http://slackerboards.com/postloop.php?action=get&username=testuser2
    http://slackerboards.com/postloop.php?action=get&username=testuser3

Both Zararina and the other user who signed up last night only posted new threads, which is why their points didn't get tracked. As for why this is happening, I am stumped. Ryan, maybe you have experienced this before or can point me in the right direction. If anyone else out there has had this issue, any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Ryan likes this.
  13. Tom Servo

Tom Servo New Member

I installed a plugin to count users' posts, made a single post under a new account and it was tracked. Postloop.php still shows 0 posts for that account, however. So, this leads me to believe the bug is not within the site. I'm still stumped, though.

14. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

15. Tom Servo

Tom Servo New Member

Bingo! Just tested it and it worked! Man, I am so relieved. Thanks, Ryan! Zararina, I sent you a PM with your temporary password so you can log back into the site. Thanks for your patience while we sorted this out.

16. Tom Servo

Tom Servo New Member

Ryan, I think you have to re-enable my site. I get an error message when I try to do it.

17. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

Done :thumbsup:

Mikey likes this.
  18. duffield1

duffield1 Forum & Blog Owners

I'm having a similar problem - one user has made 12 posts but only five are registering in my Postloop dashboard. Any ideas? It is user Ailuri at www.intelligentanswers.co.uk

19. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

That user subscribed after making 7 posts, so the first 7 posts did not count.

duffield1 likes this.
  20. duffield1

duffield1 Forum & Blog Owners

Ah, thank you!