Profiles & Targeting

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Ryan, Feb 2, 2012.

1. Ansem

Ansem Forum & Blog Owners

Thank you, but still a bug with the image.

2. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

Wowza, that's a long filename :eek:

Shrink the filename down and it will allow you to save. I'll modify our end to handle those long filenames later though.

Mikey likes this.
  3. Ridwan sameer

Ridwan sameer New Member

Honestly I think that would be a better idea mate.
    But the bonus shouldnt be too huge to put down those people not in the sleected categories, but huge enough to help those who are :)

4. SpikeTheLobster

SpikeTheLobster New Member

My opinion wouldn't change at all. I just don't see that it makes a positive difference to discriminate - but I suspect I may be in the minority of forum owners and posters who believe in a sort of hippy equality for everyone. :rolling:

Mikey likes this.
  5. Pete

Pete Staff Staff Member

Dunno if I could say you're in the minority, as I can only speak for myself, but yea I pretty much disagree with everything you've posted in this thread. ;)

6. radascars

radascars Member

How about forum owners able to provide a feedback or a comment to a certain content writer or a postloop member on their profile that can only be seen by forum owners? So that forum owners can have an idea of how good or bad a content writer is. Would that be a good idea?

Or it could have been better if the content writer can see forum owner's feedback for them as well on their profile?

7. No, I don't think so. Some owners are already abusing of the rating system. I once got a 1.0 rating and had to come in here to get it removed because it was completely unfair and unjustified. If we weren't able to see those comments, there'd be no way to appeal them and, therefore, no forum owner would want to have us on board if someone said we sucked. Owners can already see comments from given ratings and I think that's enough.

The forum feedback may not be a bad idea, but again, it could also be abused of. Just like there could be comments like "Join this site, it's great", people could also say "The admin is too judgmental when rating" or "Stay away from here, they won't give you a 5.0".

8. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

This is also off topic. If you have a suggestion, there is a section for that :thumbsup:

9. Jim Su

Jim Su New Member

Excellent update Ryan must I say. But I do have a question if I wanted to limit the users so they are registering from a specific place for example:

United States -> New York -> Whitestone

Those who live in Whitestone may register only. Is this possible or has the program not been fully developed yet?

10. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

That is and will not be possible.

We only have so many writers. The odds of there being anybody from Whitestone other than yourself are slim to none, so you wouldn't benefit from that.

11. Pete

Pete Staff Staff Member

I was thinking the same thing about a small town like that, but how about targeting by state or region or country?

12. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

It's possible, but baby steps.

13. belkov

belkov New Member

Sorry to be so late to this discussion, but I just wanted to make the point that these changes could end up being bad for everyone, because some writers will realise that there are so few forums they aren't barred from posting on that they'll simply give up on Postloop altogether. To some extent that problem already exists with the minimum rating requirements - I currently have a rating of 4.4, which presumably isn't that bad, but already about half of the handful of forums on topics I know enough to post about are out of my reach, and every time I see yet another padlock it's difficult not to think "what's the point?"

It ultimately doesn't do forum owners any good if there are fewer writers around in absolute terms.

14. Ansem

Ansem Forum & Blog Owners

If that happens I will stop using Postlloop.

15. DevilKid

DevilKid Active Member

The forum owners will be giving the people who qualify to their criteria a bonus. It is only if you meet the criteria you get a bonus i.e. x% bonus on each post.

If you don't qualify for the criteria, you can still earn from that forum (if you meet the rating requirement) but you won't be getting the bonus as others.

16. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

That isn't set in stone yet, DK, but it is still a consideration.

17. DevilKid

DevilKid Active Member

Oh I see.. Oops :oops:

18. lovaboy

lovaboy New Member

Let's see if this Profile and Targeting works. I wanna see if I can use that for fourms outside of the U.S.. I'm going to do research to find out how it works for other users.