Rating concern

Discussion in 'General Postloop Discussion' started by spiderman, Apr 4, 2012.

1. spiderman

spiderman New Member

Hi everyone,

I am new to postloop and just got my 200 points in probably 4-5 days. I received my first rating when I made my initial post from the postloop portal which is under the average of (3.80) even if I really tried to follow the guidelines. Though, I didn't worry much because I've heard that it will expire and forum admins will also give ratings for active members. Ti'll now, my rating has not yet changed and I'm kind of hesitant to continue participating on the forums I subscribed. I am really excited to withdraw my first earnings but unfortunately I can't do it. I appreciate if someone can give some advise to a rookie. Thanks in advance!
  2. Pete

Pete Staff Staff Member

Have you approached any of the owners of the forums you're posting at and explained to them how important it is for you to get a decent rating? In your situation, I'd suggest putting that as a priority, and make sure you stick very closely to any suggestions they make to you for getting a good rating. The last thing you want now is to get a lower rating because you and the forum owner had a misunderstanding.
  3. Mikey

Mikey Staff Staff Member

Just to add to what Pete said, you can contact a forum owner directly on Postloop by clicking on the site on the listing, clicking the owners name, and then clicking the little speech bubble on thier profile. :)

You may get a better response if you contact them via Postloop rather than via thier forums. :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Ryan likes this.
  4. spiderman

spiderman New Member

Hi Pete and Mikey, thanks for the advice and I just did what you told me. Hope I get a reply from the forum owner.

Thanks again!
  5. argon_0

argon_0 Member

One question for staff here, does the postloop rating permanently count in overall rating and are all the ratings listed on ones Dashboard give the final rating as listed because mine certainly does not add up with or without the PPL rating?
  6. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

7. tazdevillooney

tazdevillooney Forum & Blog Owners

Ummm i never received any message. :eek:
  8. spiderman

spiderman New Member

It was another forum admin.

Btw, Thanks for the rating even if I did not message you. I appreciate it.

More Power to your site!
    tazdevillooney likes this.
  9. dojo

dojo Forum & Blog Owners

This may not work. I received 4 bad ratings (4 and 4.2, which in my book is horrible, compared to what I usually get) and NO ONE from the 4 admins bothered to reply. Some even commented on the rating that the posts were of great quality. So my question is "why such a bad rating then". Anyway, you might not get a response anyway. Just chuck it down to bad luck or forum admins not able to learn how to properly rate and keep on posting. It's unfortunate that this can happen, since it messes up your bonus points and MONEY in the end, if you're using PL to earn some money, but that's what happens when you work with people :)

Keep on adding great content and you'll have excellent ratings too.
    MyOCDisMild likes this.
  10. argon_0

argon_0 Member

Oh dojo. I can only wish for 4+'s. Maybe I need to change my profile pic.:)
  11. SifuPhil

SifuPhil Member

By your own admission, this strategy hasn't worked for you. It hasn't worked for me either.

Just today I experienced the same ratings dump that you did - I received a 4.0 and a 4.2. My previous two ratings were 5.0 and 4.8.

A system that relies on subjective evaluation will never be what we want it to be. That's not so bad if you're posting for fun; if you're posting for financial gain, it's going to screw you up royally.
  12. MyOCDisMild

MyOCDisMild New Member

LOL...I thought it was just me Ramo:p Even when I began here, I got a PLP rating of 4.2, so when I received a 3.8, I freaked. All I could think was what have I done wrong, how can I fix it, maybe my head will stop hurting if I quit ramming it against the desk:confused:. In fact, the lowest rating I've ever gotten was from PLP, and according to everyone else, that was a darn good rating. So I'm trying not to beat myself up, I contacted, or at least attempted to contact the forum owner to see what I was doing and how I could improve. I figured, what they hay, if I'm getting 4+ ratings from everywhere else, I must be doing something marginally right, so I'm more focused on continuing to provide high quality service. You can't please everyone, but I'll continue to work my buns off because it's my nature. Besides...this is soooo much fun!!:D
  13. Grumpy

Grumpy Forum & Blog Owners

It's a good rating but PostLoop Portal staff are the best evaluators here at PostLoop. Other users sometimes aren't 100% accurate with their ratings. PLP staff usually get things right.
  14. BonnyC

BonnyC New Member

I have a rating concern, as well. I had a very high average rating of 4.8+ (might have been 4.9, I don't recall) and received two ratings of 4.1 and I think 4.0 which dropped my average to 4.5ish. They seemed to be from the same admin, because when one was altered after communicating with the admin, the other one was altered within minutes to match the first one.

Anyway, the comments that the admin made were way too positive for the rating. "Perfect content for my forum. Couldn't ask for better, great contribution". So, I left a comment asking what I could do in future forums to bring my rating up. They commented back telling me that they were going to adjust the rating and that they had been "told off" for giving too many high ratings. I'm quite frustrated because this hurt my overall rating when I had done nothing wrong. Both ratings were raised to 4.4, which still put me below the 0.75 bonus points threshold.

Out of 12 ratings, 8 of them have been 4.7 or above. 5 of those are 5s. The lowest is a 4.3. I don't blame the admin, I can understand feeling nervous about giving high ratings after getting in trouble for it. I also realize that I'm still well above the average. I just don't feel like this is fair at all.
  15. Grumpy

Grumpy Forum & Blog Owners

1 = Poor
    2 = Unsatisfactory
    3 = Average
    4 = Great
    5 = Excellent

A 4.4 is not bad at all. This means the owner feels you're in between great and excellent. That's not a bad thing at all.
  16. BonnyC

BonnyC New Member

I understand, and I'll gladly take the 4.4. My concern is the fact that it was lower because they'd been told off in the past. I wonder how many others might have gotten a lower score than they deserved because of that and hand't contacted the admin like I did. Not necessarily from this forum owner, but maybe others.

Regardless, I'm just going to spend some time on new forums and hope to get new higher ratings to bury these or at least bring my overall back to a 4.75+.
  17. Ansem

Ansem Forum & Blog Owners

You are great, what more do you want ?
    If you want an excellent rating, be excellent.
    Few can do that.
  18. Pete

Pete Staff Staff Member

BonnyC, just to add that your overall rating is very, very high. Higher than mine, and higher than almost everyone else in this thread.
  19. BonnyC

BonnyC New Member

All I was really bringing up was that I was unaware that forum owners could get in trouble for giving too many high ratings to posters which would lead to some being underrated.

I realize that my rating is high, but I'm getting frustrated here. My rating isn't really what I'm trying to discuss, but it's being focused on. I'm not throwing a fit trying to get it changed. I think anyone who heard from a forum owner that they had been given a lower rating than they deserved because said owner was trying not to get in trouble would be concerned or at least confused/curious.
  20. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

You are not being given a lower rating that what you deserved. If a site owner is giving ratings far above the curve, they are given a stern warning. They are asked to bring their ratings back down to realistic values. This is what you got.