The Admin Zone is Ridiculous.

Discussion in 'General Forum Discussion' started by Xtreme2damax, May 20, 2011.

1. FireNeko

FireNeko Member

you admitted yourself you went on a tangent after the url was censored. I'm all for competition it gives topics more love imo ^^
    (hissy fit = tangent to me, scottish slang).

2. Xtreme2damax

Xtreme2damax New Member

Well it wasn't really a tangent, it was more or less expressing discontent and concerns.

By the way I can at least post a thread at IPB about Postloop. There are many new webmasters there that could benefit, I guess I'll just steer clear from mentioning Postloop on any admin forums.

3. FireNeko

FireNeko Member

Ah the word tangent confused me lol. A lot of forums don't allow competing links, I guess it's just the forum niche that is more open to attacking the ones that don't. Like I already said I think competition is good but would never go into a crazy rampage because one forum doesn't. I tend to actually stay away from forums that go all out on a forum as I like friendly communities and these kinda threads seem to put me on edge especially on admin forums.

I guess my point is yeah gripe if you feel you have been wronged but advocating and cheering people on to spam the places is wrong imo, who knows they might turn round and do the same to you. Also there are lots of forums on the internet, why not be positive and move on to the next one instead of being cynical and stuck with spreading hate, it's not a fun existance.

Sorry to sound so weird lol ^^

4. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

Unless I missed something, nowhere in this thread has anybody advocated or encouraged spamming TAZ or any other forum.

Kaiser and Pete like this.
  5. FireNeko

FireNeko Member

I misread your post then as i read it after xtreme wrote he went on a tangent. so i read
    then after saw you post that you approve of the thread.

6. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

No worries, won't be the first time or the last time somebody is misunderstood - and it's not just you misunderstanding us, it goes the other way as well ;)

FireNeko likes this.
  7. FireNeko

FireNeko Member

Well I'm sorry about that, I admit I do read fast, I will try to slow down. :)

8. Xtreme2damax

Xtreme2damax New Member

I sometimes don't use the correct wording especially if I am tired or stressed.

Sorry about that.

9. Jonathan Smith

Jonathan Smith New Member

I had the same problem. They changed my signature to anotherboard.com lol.

I thought they were about promoting forums. If someone came to my community and posted about their admin forum I would not ban them. I would allow them to promote it following the same rules as everyone else. I would not tolerate spamming my forum just to get some of my members but I would allow them there.

TAZ is a joke. I am surprised they have lasted this long.

10. FireNeko

FireNeko Member

TAZ isn't a promotion forum :)

11. Jonathan Smith

Then what are they? WORDS FROM THE OWNER. We help promote forums.

12. FireNeko

FireNeko Member

There's no need to go off at me, I was quoting their mission statement so I don't know where you got that.

13. Jonathan Smith

Oh no, I was not going off on you. Sometimes it is hard to get emotion from black text on white background. lol Sorry that I offended you. Not at all what I was trying to do.

14. FireNeko

FireNeko Member

you never offended me i thought id offended you :) was kinda panicked lol. ^^

15. Jonathan Smith

Glad we are straight. lol. I was not offended. thanks for being mature! Serious!

16. Merk51

Merk51 New Member

They are completely rediculous over there at TAZ - I hardly ever go there any more and try to avoid it like the plague - despite being a premium member there is just nothing there, all the discussion is from kids thinking if they start a forum they will sell it for millions tomorrow, they want help however never say thank you I just avoid it.

17. Chance Peters

Chance Peters Forum & Blog Owners

I never knew so much drama surround TAZ. I just joined about a month or so ago but I haven't had any bad experiences. I actually like it and doubt I will have any bad experiences. I try to be a peaceful guy. :p

18. FireNeko

FireNeko Member

I have seen a few people scream they were banned for nothing then been confronted with their warning log lol gotta love liars and those that sign up just to troll then cause drama when banned ^^

19. Chance Peters

Chance Peters Forum & Blog Owners

I've heard that are just a very strict community. Seems like they just don't beat around the bush and are very direct. I've seen a lot of members complain of unnecessary warnings but I've yet to experience anything like that.

20. FireNeko

FireNeko Member

lol I personally don't think theyre very strict unless you pm spam or keep putting the link they removed back and swear at them. and before anyone says anything i am not staff and i have been warned before even had a temp hellban was kinda fun ^^