The 'why are you not subscribing to my forum' thread

Discussion in 'General Postloop Discussion' started by AzH, Mar 20, 2011.

1. AzH

AzH Forum & Blog Owners

Just something light-hearted which may lead to some constructive feedback for us forum owners. How it works is, I will start and post my forum. Please look at the main postloop forum list and also at the forum itself, and then reply below with a reason why you're not subscribing (and any other feedback you may like to give). If you're a forum owner, please then post your forum and someone will give you some feedback.

If we're all honest and open to ideas and suggestions, you just might get something out of this.

http://www.dead-island.com/forums :: why are you not subscribing to my forum?
    Ryan likes this.
  2. Trombones13

Trombones13 Forum & Blog Owners

a. I have no interest in Dead Island
    b. Your theme is really dark (a dark theme makes sense, but this one's sorta hard to read)

http://voiceradio.us - why aren't you subscribing?
  3. timestandstill

timestandstill Forum & Blog Owners

I love music but not enough to talk about it on a forum.

Webmaster Forums
  4. Mikey

Mikey Staff Staff Member

On the forum list, your description is "Another webmaster forum", which doesn't inspire confidence (yes, I know that my own descriptions aren't awesome), and the name "ServerStack" makes me think it's a hosting company or something, it doesnt tell me that it's a webmaster community. I hate to criticize, as I just looked at the site and thought "Hey, I could post here", but I only got that far after clicking, and when scanning the forum list, it doesn't jump out at me.

Stick it to me: Off Topic Hut
  5. timestandstill

It used to be about servers specifically (Apache, VPSes, etc), but most discussion on it was more about webmastering in general so I rebranded it. Also I got that domain for free from someone on DP.

As for the forum description on Postloop, I'll change it to something a little less boring.

Can't say much about OTHut because I am subscribed.
    Mikey likes this.
  6. Mikey

Mikey Staff Staff Member

That's happening to me on The Geek District too. :(
    Yeah, I just changed my "long" description on Postloop because I just noticed that the description now slides down when you click "more info" :D
  7. Trombones13

Trombones13 Forum & Blog Owners

I can't say anything for either of yours since I'm subscribed and somewhat active on both of them, but I did have a question: any tips for improving my site's descriptions? I didn't really know what to put, haha.
    Mikey likes this.
  8. AzH

AzH Forum & Blog Owners

(gratz, successfully derailed within 7 posts :p)

You don't have enough points to make it worthwhile as I don't want to earn any more points in the next few days, until my total drops. Other than that, my only gripe is my aversion to IPB.

Stick it to MEEEEE: http://www.dead-island.com
    Mikey likes this.
  9. Saohc

Saohc Member

10. save27

save27 Member

@saohc i may have subscribed but I never noticed it, also I am already subscribed to a lot of gaming forums that have more topics that interest me and lighter themes.
  11. Saohc

Saohc Member

Well, you did subscribe to my forum, but never made any posts.
  12. Urbane Kanguru

Urbane Kanguru New Member

Saohc, your forum is down already?
    AzH, same as the others, I would be forcing out comments if I had to. I like your site, just not a topic that interests me.
  13. Urbane Kanguru

Urbane Kanguru New Member

14. Saohc

Saohc Member

15. timestandstill

• You're using phpBB
    • I can hardly read your logo
    • Your thread layout is backwards and that makes reading it annoying. (IMO)
  16. Saohc

Saohc Member

I fixed the banner..
  17. Akela

Akela Forum & Blog Owners

18. PsuedoK

PsuedoK Forum & Blog Owners

Because my work proxies rated it as "suspicious" lol. Plus I do not like hokey.
    Akela likes this.
  19. Akela

Akela Forum & Blog Owners

Oops, I did not know that. This has to be because the SSL certificate is for our host's domain name and not HockeyD.com. I think.
  20. Saohc

Saohc Member