Unable to validate postloop.php

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Tom Servo, Oct 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tom Servo

Tom Servo New Member

I uploaded the file to my root. My host ensured me JSON is enables. What's the problem? Thanks.

2. Tom Servo

Tom Servo New Member

3. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

I have looked at this for a while, and I unfortunately can't figure out why it's not working. I'm able to confirm that it doesn't work, but I can't figure out why :confused:

4. Tom Servo

Tom Servo New Member

I just tried it on another forum: http://freelancewritingforum.com/ and it did not work. This is very frustrating because i have several forums I want to submit to Poostloop but they're all on the same server using Vanilla 2.0. Can we please try to resolve this?

5. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

I have tried, and I can't figure it out.

We've had over 1,000 sites submitted to Postloop. Every now and then, probably about 5 in total, we come across one that can't be submitted and we never figure out why. You've fallen in that category :(

6. Tom Servo

Tom Servo New Member

7. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

No, that doesn't mean anything.

8. Tom Servo

Tom Servo New Member

Okay, I believed I solved it. I have two servers, both with godaddy. I noticed one is "wordpress" hosting and the other is "linux" deluxe. So, I built a scrap forum quickly on the Linux deluxe server using Vanilla, just to see if it would validate and it did. So, for whatever reason, if you're using godaddy's wordpress hosting package, postloop.php can't verify forums.

9. Tom Servo

Tom Servo New Member

Ryan, I disabled the dummy site I submitted. Not sure how to delete it, though. I think you have to do that.

10. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

Interesting...I wonder what the difference is between the 2 hosting plans.

I personally don't recommend GoDaddy for hosting, but if it works for you :thumbsup:

11. Tom Servo

Tom Servo New Member

honestly, i thought the wordpress thing was just a gimmick, but i guess it makes a difference. Not sure how.

12. Tom Servo

Tom Servo New Member

Well, it seems that I am back to square one. The server I moved to was having all sorts of database problems. Tech support told me it had an old configuration and that they would migrate me to a newer server. Now, the postloop.php file can't be seen again.

The server is running PHP 5.2. and the hosting configuration is 2.2, if that means anything. I am determined to make this work!

13. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

I'm sorry, but I honestly cannot support these phantom issues.

As I said earlier, I do not recommend GoDaddy as a host. That is likely the source of your problem and will also likely be the source of many future problems, outside of Postloop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.