"You are not authorized"

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Jessi, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Member

Hey, I'm running into this error on a few different parts of the dashboard.

For example, I get it if I try to send a message to anyone...or make a withdrawal. I can't access them at all and just get the "you are not authorized to access that location," despite logging out and back in, to make sure it wasn't simply confused, hehe. Wasn't sure if you were aware of the issue, or hey, if maybe it's only me....certainly wouldn't be the first time I've had an isolated account or browser conflict.
  2. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

The error should be fixed on the Withdrawal page (please verify).

I'm not able to reproduce it when sending messages, but if you still can't do it, let me know and I'll dig deeper.
  3. Jessi

Jessi Member

The withdrawal page is fixed, yes!

I'm still not able to send messages to forum owners, though.
  4. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

I see it now. I'll figure out what's going on. Meanwhile, you may get the pesky error on the Withdrawal page again :speechless:
  5. Jessi

Jessi Member

No worries! Thanks for fiddling with it. :)
    DevilKid likes this.
  6. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

All fixed.
    Mikey likes this.
  7. Jessi

Jessi Member

Yep, just confirming that all is well again in both sections on my end again, too. :) Thank you!
  8. Mikey

Mikey Staff Staff Member

Go Ryan, Go Ryan *chants* :p :devil:

Oh btw, does this have something to do with the blog feeds button disappearing as well?
  9. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

I didn't fix it, Mikey, I hacked it. :(

I don't know what the issue is. There's no rhyme or reason to it, and only 2 people (you and Jessi) reported issues out of the 500 or so who logged in today. Upgrading to CakePHP 2.0 is now at the top of my list. May or may not fix anything, but I was never a huge fan of 1.3's auth component, and a lot of work has gone into 2.0.
    Mikey likes this.
  10. Jessi

Jessi Member

Others may just not have noticed it. I only ran into it because it happen to be Monday (the day I cashout) -and- I had Askimet automatically ban me on a site I'd just signed up for, so needed to get in touch with the owner. Any other day, chances are, I wouldn't have been on the withdrawal page or tried messaging anyone, and never would've noticed a problem.
  11. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

It wasn't restricted to just those 2 pages though (Mikey was getting the same error message elsewhere)...and believe it or not, lots of users send messages and request withdrawals every day ;)
  12. Jessi

Jessi Member

Speaking of not being restricted.... I can't unsubscribe from any sites now. :p

Which again, I wouldn't normally be even trying to do, but I'm not getting credit on the site any more because of an account change, so need to try unsubbing and resubbing (because it has fixed it before). Oops.
  13. Ryan

Ryan Staff Staff Member

Same error message? Try again.
  14. Jessi

Jessi Member

Yep, all better now.

And I did try earlier, it failed, and I waited to try it again before coming here. I didn't rush straight here, just in case it was glitchy.