1 thread multiple questions !

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by RomanDay, May 8, 2015.

1. RomanDay

RomanDay New Member

Okay so im confused what are your opinions on my questions ?
    1.Is Grand theft auto to violent for kids ?
    2.Should Call of duty merge with Grand theft auto ?
    3.Will Computer gaming take over console gaming ?
    4.Will console gaming take over Computer gaming ?
    Thank you for my thread .
    Please answer!

2. Luckeylad

Luckeylad New Member

1. Just like any other video game, every game of the Grand Theft Auto series comes with an ESRB rating. So it would prove to be violent and in other ways inappropriate for players below the suggested age limit.

2. I'm not entirely sure what you meant by the second question. But if it's like merging the two franchises to produce a combined game series in the future, I don't think it should be. Clearly the two games cater for two different interest groups. They are not very much alike.

3 & 4. I don't think any would take over the other. While most die-hard gamers prefer the consoles, there are lots of PC based gamers. As each has their pros and cons at a given aspect, they will keep to coexist. For an example, strategy games are always better suited for the PC.

3. BitPost

BitPost New Member

To answer you questions...

1. Yes, Grand Theft Auto should not be played by kids, it's intended for the mature gamer. Parents that allow their kids to play this series are irresponsible.

2. No, it wouldn't work as these games play completely differently. But it wouldn't surprise me if they do try it someday.

3. There seems to be a merging of the two. Consoles are gradually resembling PC's in their architecture, including the requirement to install games. And more console games are ported to PC, giving PC gamers a more console-based experience.

4. That never happened in the past and it's unlikely to occur in the future. Everyone thought that PC gaming was dying a few years ago, until Steam came along and changed everything.

4. Brit333

Brit333 New Member

#1. Grand Theft Auto is an incredibly fun game but is definitely not appropriate for anyone younger than 13-14 years old. I believe that they all have a rated M for mature rating so all in all it is up to the parent to deem what is appropriate for their child, but there is a lot of violence in them and the newer the game the better those violent graphics become. So it's an 'at your own risk' kind of deal.
    #2. If you mean merge like have the 2 games put into one condensed game, I think absolutely not. They are two different types of game play and I think they are better off that way. If they came up with one I don't think it would do well, but technology can surprise us everyday.
    #3. Computer gaming slowed down at one point but has definitely re-picked up speed, I do not think that it will take over the gaming console scene but it will be close to the top with a few of the other main consoles out there.
    #4. Now, would console gaming take over computer gaming? I don't think so, Both versions of technology are always rapidly growing and changing, kind of keeping them hand in hand in the evolution of the gaming community.

5. pjack213

pjack213 New Member

1. Yes, games that feature players taking on the role of unrepentant violent criminals are too violent for kids.
    2. I think you're describing Far Cry. Check it out.
    3. I think consoles are moving more toward all-in-one entertainment hubs rather than personal computers. I expect this trend to continue for a while.
    4. No, consoles just aren't powerful enough to compete with top-of-the-line gaming rigs. Computers will always beat out consoles until consoles become as easy to upgrade as a gaming computer, and I don't think that will happen any time soon.