3 Reasons Why I Love Freelancing

Discussion in 'The Freelance Life' started by Toshiro Cotta, Sep 14, 2017.

1. Toshiro Cotta

Toshiro Cotta New Member

[​IMG]

Freelancing is an alternative to the traditional 9-5 routine that society has made us accustomed to. Since it is unconventional, you'll probably receive raised eyebrows from people when you tell them you work as a freelancer.

While there are some risks and downsides, there are many great reasons to choose this path. Here are a couple you should think about if you're on the fence:

1. You get to choose your own hours

Being an independent contractor implies that you have the freedom to select the number of hours you want to work for. You can choose the timings that are convenient for you and work as much as you want to.

2. Variety of work

Being a part of the freelancing community means that you can dive into various types of work with a variety of companies. If you don't like the monotony of doing the same job over and over, you'll be quite happy working as a freelancer.

3. Work from home

A lot of freelance work can be done from the comfort of your home. No long commutes to your workplace. This saves both time and money.

If you're the kind that loves traveling, freelancing is the right fit for you. You can earn money as you travel if you choose work that can be done remotely/online.

So those are some big reasons why I chose to be a freelancer. What do you think about freelancing? Share your opinions in this thread. :)

DawnsDivination likes this.
  2. jsantiago20

jsantiago20 New Member

Freelancing is taking its place in our industry today. It's out of our norm and traditions yet it is convenient to every professionals who is tired of fixed schedules.

Here are my 3 Reasons Why I Love Freelancing.

1. It is convenient.
    No need to get up too early to catch the bus and travel 2 hours from home just to be in your office desk. No need to sleep while traffic is in every route that you will take. It's convenient and you can do this at home at any time that you want.

2. You can save more money.
    Though freelancing does not guarantee you of fixed salary but the catch here is you can save more money because you don't need to budget your fare and money for every lunch break. You can avoid mall and sales because you are working at the comfort of your home.

3. You can have more time with your family.
    Sometimes our 9-6 jobs hinder us to have some quality time with our family or friends. In freelancing, since you can work anytime, you can also have dinner or lunch with you family or friends without thinking about your workloads that you left in your desk.

Freelancing is also a risk, but I assured you that this is worth the risk.

3. Brokenhollow

Brokenhollow New Member

I also would like to do freelancing. Im planning to stop working on the corporate world after 10years and establish my own business and do freelancing as a safety net for myself

4. mayannsuccess050687

mayannsuccess050687 New Member

Three reasons why I love freelancing.
    First - It is very convenient.
    Second - I can earn money as much as I can and as much as I want.
    Third - I can spend more time with my family while earning. So nice!

5. alevee

alevee New Member

I've just recently started the self-employed life these past couple weeks. It's not really freelance per se because I'm not taking on work directly from clients. Instead, I'm doing contracting work, mostly in transcription. The one thing I don't like about it is that there isn't always good work available and it doesn't pay very well yet. I do like having the opportunity to change up what I'm doing as well as take breaks and work whenever I feel like it. I also feel like I'm getting an opportunity to improve myself as I learn how to do all these different things.

DawnsDivination likes this.
  6. Galaxia36

Galaxia36 New Member

These are my top 3 reasons for freelancing.
    (I don't need to commute). For a former office employee like me, going to work is a nightmare. I have to deal with a lot of unpleasant things like traffic, bad weather or even road accidents. Now I can save hours in travel time and expenses in trasport fares.
    (I have more quality time with my family). Before, due to stressful environment in the office, coming home from work can be tiring for me. I can barely talk to my wife and son. Now that I'm staying at home I always have the chance to unwind and relax with my loved ones.
    (I can work in my own flexible/convenient time). I'm not a morning person. You have to drag me out of the bed just to wake me up for work. Now, I don't have to do that because I'm making my own schedule for work.

7. cellion16

cellion16 New Member

MY top 3 !!!!!
    1. You can express yourself.
    In a group setting, I fit the mold of the observer perfectly. I can be found with my mouth closed and my ears and eyes wide open. I like to sit back and take everything and everyone in. Like a mass of quick-moving clouds, my thoughts are a tangle of incoherence, unshaped and unready to be heard. Freelancing gives me the extra time to compose my ideas, to say them clearly on the page, and to have a voice—even if my audible one is rarely heard.

2. Your schedule is up to you.
    One of my pet peeves about having a “normal” job is that there’s too much structure when it comes to time. Things happen, and having flexibility is great for combating stress. Some people work well with a predictable workday; that’s not to imply that freelancing provides a chaotic timeline. The great thing about this career is that I can choose whether or not nine to five is for me. Maybe, I like eleven to seven, or one to five. Who says it has to be eight hours a week anyway?

3. You can become an expert.
    Yes, that’s right. Freelancing can give you credibility. Did you ever want to write a book, but you didn’t have a professional platform from which to speak? Freelancing is a great way to get your name out there, and it can help you to become a part of whatever community you want to engage with. The great thing is that this can all be done with or without a snazzy institute degree. Just think of all the subjects out there! From babies to cars, gardening and sewing, to travel and wine. The topics are endless. Whatever your passion, you can become an expert just by writing about what you know and love. I did this by creating a personal beauty blog, and it’s been a great way for me to express my creativity and build a name for myself in the field.

8. DawnsDivination

DawnsDivination New Member

Everyone has great reasons for loving to freelance!
    I myself am just getting into the world of freelancing and am enjoying being home with my family. That’s the number one reason I believe any of us LOVE working from him and finding the type of work that makes us happy as individuals. Being at home, readily available to our family, is a perfect reason to love freelancing!
    However work is scarce, and it’s quite time consuming looking for legitimate opportunities that will actually pay a decent wage.
    Having forums such as Postloop that help us express ourselves and gives us an opportunity to earn a little extra on the side is very helpful! I’ve seen many areas of interest here that I can’t wait to contribute to!
    I wish you all much success with your freelancing opportunities and I hope to find more for myself as well.
    Good luck everyone!

9. Three reasons why I love freelancing, first working at home, second it can give you a higher salary, third I can spend more time with my family. Working at home is what I like the most, because you can work in a comfortable and relaxing place in the world and is my home. I can also monitor my children while doing my job. I don't need to travel or go to the office to start my task. Whenever I woke up, my office is there, no need to jam to traffic, ride a jeep or taxi. A couple of steps ahead, I can go to my work place. Because of that I can maximize my time to get another job, more job more pay check :D. I can spend more time with my family and friend.

10. moniquev2017

moniquev2017 New Member

I didn't think that freelancing was gonna be an option for me when I was younger. But after I grew older, when I went to college and especially after graduating, freelancing has become clearer to me and now I have chosen this path because of all the possibilities it gave me. I love that I can handle my own time and hours and I can just work at home or where internet is available. People before especially old people didn't think this is 'respectable' or shall I say, some of them think this isn't the right thing to do just because they aren't familiar of it. But nowadays, a lot of people are more open to it and even praise people who are freelancers. It is definitely not an easy job compared to working in an office, you have to market yourself because if you don't, who will? But it's very rewarding and also, very fun to do especially if you are passionate about what you do.

11. KariB

KariB New Member

Working your own hours, you can work anywhere you want. When my mom was diagnosed with cancer it was real easy for me to take my work with me to go with her for chemo treatments. I spend a lot of time with her and worked at night when she was sleeping. I will always be grateful for that.

12. rlsuarez

rlsuarez New Member

This job offers a lot of perks. Freelancing is so flexible, you can set your own hours, working full or part-time on the projects of your choice. Sometimes it allows you to set your own price, which is often higher than what you'd make as an employee doing the same work. Many freelancers work for the same set of clients over a long period of time. For example, a freelance writer might have a client that requires an article twice a week ongoing. Others work with clients over shorter periods, usually on specific projects. For example, a freelance web designer might build a website for a client and once the site is done, so is the working relationship.
    I've been doing this stuff for months now and so far I'm enjoying it. It gives me the opportunity to work at my own pace, I had the time of my life which I was not able to have while working in my old company. Freelancing is truly a blessing.

13. jhan

jhan New Member

Freelancing changes my life! These are my top 3 main reasons why I love freelancing:
    First - I can handle my own schedule. Time is flexible, I can choose to work anytime I want.
    Second - There's no more boss, Nobody can micromanage me. No more long commutes that drain my budget. No more traffic.
    Third - Spending more time with my family is priceless. That's what I really love the most. Being with my own family while earning.

14. Val Chakri Hinoguin

Val Chakri Hinoguin New Member

Three reason why I love Freelance

First freelance have no boss sometimes and you an hold your time.
    Second you don't need to travel to go to work you need only a internet connection so that you can begin to have job at home.
    Third having more time to your family to spend and you don't need to wear different jeans and wearing uniform.