A good writer is also a good reader :)

Discussion in 'Fiction Writing' started by TitaniaLee, Mar 6, 2018.

1. TitaniaLee

TitaniaLee New Member

What do you think is the best way to have an idea about fiction writing? Yes, exactly from the tittle itself, take time to read. You are a writer so supposed to be you are also a good reader, not just with respect with other authors but reading similar line of works would be motivating for you. It can be your inspiration to write. As you read published stories, you would see what it is that you still lacking with in order to get your own wok published. You will be more excited thinking on how it would feel to read your own work on hand. Exciting right? So why don't you grab a new fiction book now? :)

2. MrRicky345

MrRicky345 New Member

I think good writing can come from good structured story telling, and a lot of this can come from experience. Putting a reader in that immersive fun, scary, suspenseful situation by drawing from one's own experience then adding flavor with imagination. Like Stephen King once said (paraphrasing here) "I remember when this happened... but damn!, What if it happened this way?! Get the juices flowing and there's no telling where the momentum will take you.

3. cha

cha Member

I think good writing can come from good structured story telling, and a lot of this can come from experience. It can be your inspiration to write. You will be more excited thinking on how it would feel to read your own work on hand. You will be more excited thinking on how it would feel to read your own work on hand.

4. Mohammed Murtuza

Mohammed Murtuza New Member

Yes, Writing is more intense than reading. So, a good writer can understand texts better than those who spend time only reading.

5. WittyOwl

WittyOwl New Member

I think Stephen King said something like, "If you don't have time to read, you don't have the tools to write." I agree 100%. It's important to see what other authors writing in the same genre as you are doing. Also, read widely. Get out of your comfort zone. There are so many amazing storytellers and you can improve your craft by giving them a try.

6. Louiesolenn

Louiesolenn New Member

I agree that a good writer is also a good reader. The basis of your writings are from what you have read. Given a certain topic where you can share your opinion about it. Most of the words that will pop in your mind are those words that you encountered in reading. I do believe that through reading, you can collect lots of new terms and try to look for its meaning. And eventually when you are having something to write on, it would be easy to figure out what term that fits on it. You may also can easily play with words and so that is the beauty in writing.

7. Iggyboi

Iggyboi New Member

In my opinion a good write up is when you can connect to your reader especially in writing a fiction story. Also, it will entice your readers if you can come up with a good quality story line which you have also an exciting personalities of your characters. A good story is where the reader enjoys, hate and loves the twist in the story and continue to read the succession of your story.

8. Clarkson

Clarkson New Member

I believe that a good writer is also a good reader. I'm a reader myself. By reading books, magazines, or articles I get to enjoy my hobby and at the same time I learn a lot of the things from what I read. Through reading, I'm able to broaden my knowledge in certain topics. I learn new ideas and some inspirational books have motivated me to be a better person.
    Being a reader would also lead to be a good writer. Sharing thought, opinions, and whatever is in your heart could be expressed by a writing a poem or a fictional story.