Aloe vera

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by iamawriter, May 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. iamawriter

iamawriter New Member

Aloe vera (Barbadensis miller) is a herb that is often called the miracle plant. This plant has few demands and grows easily. The gel inside the leaf has many health properties the main being that it instantly soothes burns and it is a skin repairer. It is contact as well as a systemic.
    Many companies have products where aloe vera is the main ingredient such as soaps, toothpastes and facials.
    For more on this you can visit the site

http://food.ndtv.com/beauty/6-amazing-benefits-aloe-vera-hair-skin-weight-loss-1221869

Attached Files:

2. lcameron8!

lcameron8! New Member

I swear by Aloe Vera, I unfortunately get a type of eczema on my face when I eat sugar and I found that the only thing that helped sooth the pain and repair the damage would be the Aloe Vera gel! The itchiness would fade instantly and the sores would visibly fade over a few days. There are many other health benefits of Aloe Vera such as weight loss, hair loss, acne, dry skin and many more. For weight loss you can buy Aloe Vera water to drink or add it to your morning shake or by adding to your drinking water throughout the day with some lemon. For your skin you can put the gel straight onto your skin to help with acne or anti aging. Aloe Vera is antibacterial and antiviral as well as consisting of vitamins A, B, C and E. No wonder it is good for your skin!

3. Nneoma

Nneoma New Member

I agree to this,Aleo Vera is highly medicinal it works wonders when it comes to healing of wound, I practically use it to heal my cuts and within a day or two the cut dries up.Aleo Vera has lots of other health benefits such as,It can be used to moisturize dry skin,to cure acne and for weight loss etc.I advice people to plant small amount of aleo Vera or as much as they can in there homes for easy access in time of need.

4. dananya461

dananya461 New Member

Aloe vera is a plant species of the genus Aloe. It grows wild in tropical climates around the world and is cultivated for agricultural and medicinal uses. Aloe is also used for decorative purposes and grows successfully indoors as a potted plant. Aloe Vera is extensively used in beauty products and for good reason. It's got antiviral and antibacterial properties, and the ability to help treat everything from constipation to diabetes. The green-cactus looking plant that sits out in your garden isn't just a plant with its roots in folklore, it's the crux of a million dollar industry that extends from beauty creams to healthy juices and diet supplements. Over time, aloe vera has seamlessly integrated itself into everything we use.

5. dananya461

dananya461 New Member

The aloe vera plant is about one or two feet tall with prickly and bitter leaves, which act as a defence to keep animals and insects from feeding on the plant. The leaves hold a gooey translucent gel, also extremely bitter, and known all over the world for it's unbelievable healing properties. This translucent gel is made up of around 96% water, some organic and inorganic compounds, a type of protein which contains 18 of the 20 amino acids found in the body and lastly, Vitamin A, B, C and E. Another part of the aloe vera plant which is used is the 'sap', a yellow-coloured liquid stuck to the skin of the plant from the inside. When dried and purified, the powdered aloe is often used as a laxative, though it's effectiveness is questionable.

6. dananya461

dananya461 New Member

One of the most crucial elements found in aloe vera gel is a complex carbohydrate known as acemannan. It allows nutrients to reach the cells, nourish them and at the same time relieve them of toxins. Ayurveda, Chinese herbal medicine and British herbal medicine have all advocated aloe vera as a healer, when applied or consumed orally.

7. incrediblesanta

incrediblesanta New Member

I can really testify to the power of this miracle plant. Aloe Vera helped me combat my acne. I only apply the gel on my face every morning, within 8 weeks of usage, my face became so clear and smooth.

Belregen likes this.
  8. Tammy Frazier

Tammy Frazier New Member

As a naturally-curly gal, I absolutely cannot live without aloe vera gel in my hair! It detangles like nothing else! There's a store in my town that sells the aloe vera leaf and I buy it, cut it up and use it as needed. Also, I have seborrheic dermatitis that flares up on my neck and arms whenever I get really stressed. I cut off a little of the aloe vera leaf, rub it on those spots, and it soothes and heals that area. It works miracles, and it only costs around .85 cents for one leaf. (It's better than spending almost $10 for cortisone cream, and another $10 for hair-detangling cream.)

9. shehriikhan17

shehriikhan17 New Member

Aloe vera gel is widely known to relieve sunburn and help heal wounds. But did you know that your favorite potted plant can be used for much more than sunburn relief and household décor?

The succulent has a long history of being used for medicinal purposes, dating back to ancient Egypt. The plant is native to North Africa, Southern Europe, and the Canary Islands. Today, aloe vera is grown in tropical climates worldwide. From relieving heartburn to potentially slowing the spread of breast cancer, researchers are just beginning to unlock the benefits of this universal plant and its many byproducts.

10. CentaurStar

CentaurStar New Member

Unfortunately, I seem to get a rash whenever I use topical products containing aloe vera. I suspect that I have an allergy to it. :(

11. ElisabethNL

ElisabethNL New Member

You say "products containing aloe vera". That means there is a lot more in the product than aloe vera. You should try the unique aloe vera gels, no additional stuff in it. It might well be the case you are allergic to any of the additional ingredients... Aloe vera is doing well for almost everyone.... except maybe you? Give the pure gel a try!!

12. daechols

daechols New Member

I like to keep an Aole vera in the kitchen to take the heat out burns and grease pops. Cut a bit of leaf slice it open and gently rub it on the burn. Cools almost instantly and lessens scaring. Also like it for sunburn relief.

13. flairwriter

flairwriter New Member

Aloe vera is truly a medicinal plant as contains anti bacterial properties and it has many vitamins in it. Aloe vera has many uses like; treating of acne, treating of eczema, refreshing of skin by making it look new, lowering of high blood sugar, treating of wounds and cuts, cholesterol reduction, treatment of burns, prevention of pimples etc. Let me also add this just as someone advised above, it is good to plant a small amount of aloe vera at home for a quick reach when the need arises.

Some people do peel off the greenish back and eat the gel like that. Some even soak it in water for some minutes or hours before drinking it. Honestly, I have always wanted to try it out and I did one day but lo and behold, I could not bear with the bitterness. It was too much for me. Even so, I did not give up, I decided to try again but it did not work out. The taste and it‘s awful smell especially when soaked in water can be annoying.

I have some questions for you all, have you all eaten the raw aloe vera gel? How about soaking it in water, have you tried that? If yes to all my questions, how do you manage to do that? Seriously, I cannot help, the taste is always too bitter for me and I do not like the smell either. Honestly, I would love to know how you guys manage to do that or maybe you use the one that is already processed? Even so I think it will still be bitter and that awful smell that I hate would still be there.

14. Cheryl Whit

Cheryl Whit New Member

My sister and her close friend purchased two aloe vera plants together in the late 90's and aptly named them Alberta and Alberto. Her tiny green plant kept growing and my mother has kept it alive over the years with very little upkeep. She plants Alberta in a bigger pot every time it outgrows it's current pot and rarely needs to water it. The plant thrives outdoors in the summer heat and in the winter it thrives by a sunny window. This plant is almost impossible to kill no matter how many leaves you rip off, they'll always grow more. The best thing about the plant is that as it grows larger, little baby plants will pop up around the pot! We have given away a whole army of baby aloe plants to friends and family through the years. This is truly the plant that keeps on giving!

15. shektaiem

shektaiem New Member

Thanks
    Aloe Vera was historically used to heal wounds and treat various skin conditions, Aloe was also taken orally as a laxative. Nowadays, aloe extract is still popularly used as a home remedy for skin problems such as psoriasis, burns, sunburns, insect bites and others. Aloe Vera can be found in many skin products such as lotions, gels and sunblocks. Other folkloric uses include treatment of arthritis, asthma, diabetes, epilepsy and osteoarthritis.

16. liman

liman New Member

The Aloe vera plant has been known and used for centuries for its health, beauty, medicinal and skin care properties. The name Aloe vera derives from the Arabic word “Alloeh” meaning “shining bitter substance,” while “vera” in Latin means “true.” 2000 years ago, the Greek scientists regarded Aloe vera as the universal panacea. The Egyptians called Aloe “the plant of immortality.” Today, the Aloe vera plant has been used for various purposes in dermatology.

17. Olufemi

Olufemi New Member

Aloe is the name given to a variety of perennials of the Liliaceae/ Aloeaceae family. There are over 325 species in this genus. Aloe ferox, Aloe perryl, Aloe barteri called West African Aloe, and Aloe Barbadensis also called Alo Vera, are the better known species.
    Aloe Vera has been in much use from time immemorial. Wall paintings of ancient Egypt showed that Aloe Vera was used by the Egyptians to treat catarrh. However, among the Jewish people, Aloe Vera was used as an ingredient for embalming.
    However, it MUST be carefully noted that Aloe Vera consists of both GEL and LATEX, and as a result, it MUST not be taken carelessly because of the presence of poisonous latex. It is only the Aloe Vera gel that is beneficial to man. tHe latex can cause some side effects such as stomach pain and cramps. Moreover, long-term use of large amounts of Aloe latex might cause diarrhea, kidney problems, blood in the urine, low potassium, muscle weakness, weight loss, and heart disturbances.
    Below are some of the medicinal values of Aloe Vera gel:
    1. Curing of cancer disease
    2. Treats constipation
    3. Cures intestinal ulcer
    4. Cures impotence
    5. Effective remedy for all forms of gynaecological problems, especially, suppressed menstration, anovulation, irregular menstration.

18. CocoLee

CocoLee New Member

Aloe vera is a gift from God. It's amaizing how good it does to your skin, your hair, your diet. I don't usually eat it but I do have it on drinks wich I'm absolutely obsessed with, and I had a fresh scar on my foot wich it helped repair most of the damage area. I wish I had the actual plant because it's really to keep it alive but right now I have a gel based off.

suhmita likes this.
  19. Shradha16

Shradha16 New Member

Aloe vera is a must at my home. We have plants as well as we always keep the gel handy. It has so much of medicinal plus beauty benefits.

20. Aloe Vera is an excellent treatment for skin conditions such as burns and eczema. I drink Aloe Vera twice a month and I feel refresh. Aloe vera juice helps digestion, normalizes acid/alkaline and pH balance, lessens yeast formation, encourages digestive bacteria and regularizes bowel processing.

21. Olufemi

Olufemi New Member

1. ALOE VERA REMEDY FOR CANCER DISEASE, ESPECIALLY CANCER OF THE BREAST

Materials:

a. Three leaves of Aloe Vera
    b. One bottle of honey
    c. Half bottle of dry gin
    Recipe:
    Cut the leaves into pieces.
    Mix one bottle of honey and half bottle of dry gin together, and use to grind three leaves of Aloe Vera.
    Dosage:
    Three tablespoonfuls. Twice daily for two months.

2. ALOE VERA REMEDY FOR CONSTIPATION

To treat constipation, cut the root of Aloe Vera plant into pieces.
    Soak one handful of the root in half beer bottle of dry gin for one week
    Then add water to fill the bottle.
    Dosage:
    One shot every night.
    CAUTION: This preparation is NOT to be taken by pregnant women.

3. ALOE VERA REMEDY FOR INTESTINAL ULCER

As it is prepared for cancer above. However, in the case of intestinal ulcer, the dosage is two tablespoonfuls, thrice daily.

4. ALOE VERA REMEDY FOR IMPOTENCE

Cut the root of Aloe Vera into pieces. Soak two handfuls of the root in one beer bottle of dry gin for ten days.
    Endeavour to shake the bottle each of those ten days.
    Dosage: Six tablespoonfuls, twice or thrice daily, depending on your need.

CAUTION: Do NOT exceed six tablespoonfuls, thrice daily.
    Please note that the older the Aloe Vera plant, the more potent it is.

5. ALOE VERA REMEDY FOR SUPPRESSED MENSTRATION

Materials:

a. 4 leaves of Aloe Vera
    b. 1 beer bottle of honey
    c. Half beer bottle of water
    d. 4 tablespoonfuls of dried, powdered ginger.

Recipe:

Mix honey and water together, and use to grind 4 leaves of Aloe Vera.
    Then add dried, powdered ginger and mix together

Dosage:

Three tablespoonfuls thrice daily for one month.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017
  22. jasmine-m

jasmine-m New Member

I regularly use fresh Aloe vera gel as a face pack and it helps to fade my acne marks and smoothen out my complexion. Aloe vera juice is one of the best detox drinks that cleanses the whole body and it also keeps the body cool and refreshed. I would sugget consuming fresh Aloe vera juice once or twice a week to get the benefits of this miracle plant without any side effects.

23. jasonmanos123

jasonmanos123 New Member

Health benefits of Aloe vera
    • Teeth and gums. ...
    • Constipation. ...
    • Diabetes-induced foot ulcers. ...
    • Antioxidant and possible antimicrobial properties. ...
    • Protection from ultraviolet (UV) irradiation. ...
    • Protection from skin damage after radiation therapy. ...
    • Depression, learning, and memory - an animal experiment. ...
    • Wounds from second-degree burns. Us you can see Aloe vera plant There's a lot of Sick Assisted.

Sandra Harriette likes this.
  24. Sandra Harriette

Sandra Harriette New Member

It's bitter as hell though when you have the juice straight from the plant...but so good for your gut!

25. BsEnt2017

BsEnt2017 New Member

Aloe vera contains something called proteolytic enzymes which repairs dead skin cells on the scalp. It can be used to relieve pain from sun burns.

26. miss_patatas

miss_patatas New Member

This for me is really interesting. I've seen a lot of youtubers recommending a product that has the main ingredient of aloe vera and by far I'm impressed. I will be testing the product they are suggesting and this Nature Republic's Aloe Vera Gel . If you have feedback about this kindly inform me before it's too late.

[​IMG]

27. vinnaiff

vinnaiff New Member

Aloe vera is a thick, short-stemmed plant that stores water in its leaves.

It is widely used in the cosmetic, pharmaceutical and food industries, and has an estimated annual market value of $13 billion globally (1).

Aloe vera is well recognized by its thick, pointed and fleshy green leaves, which can grow to about 12-19 inches (30-50 cm) in length.

28. Jeffrey Dionaldo

Jeffrey Dionaldo New Member

A family of succulent plant is Aloe Vera is has more benefits ever since, Long history of being used for medicinal purposes, dating back to ancient Egypt. In my parents house we use this plants for relieve sunburn and help heal wounds and keeping the plant inside the house to decorate they saying aloe Vera help to clean air, its air purifier.

29. Nick Ambos

Nick Ambos New Member

Aloe vera is important to every home why? Because it has many benefits. It can cure acne, sunburn and nourish and condition of hair scalp. If you plant aloe vera, don't expose the plant to the sun because it will dried and die. Just keep it in the shadded area and spray it with a water everyday.

30. Kim Alejo

Kim Alejo New Member

I heard a lot of good functions of Aloe vera. Aloe vera gel is widely known to relieve sunburn and help heal wounds. Our favorite potted plant can also be used more than sunburn relief and household decor. Other says that it can be an alternative to mouthwash and also good for our hairs and nails.