Aloe vera

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by iamawriter, May 8, 2017.

Tags:
  1. suhmita

suhmita New Member

Aloe vera or sabila is a plant belonging to the family of Asphodelaceae, native to northern Africa. It requires a lot of sun, warm and dry weather, as exists in the south of the Canary Islands, ideal for cultivation.

Aloe juice has been used for centuries for its extraordinary moisturizing, regenerative, nutritious and healing properties. More than 5,000 years ago it was used by the Egyptians for healing purposes.

However, we must wait until 1935 to find the first scientific study on the healing power of Aloe vera that was done by the doctors E. and C. Collins.

In 1959, the FDA (Food and Drug Administration) recognized that products containing aloe vera help regeneration of the skin. This was the biggest discovery for the launch of products based on Aloe vera. As a result, since the 70's the Aloe vera industry has not stopped growing.

2. edz26

edz26 Member

I remember when I was a kid my mother thought us to use aloe vera as remedy every time we got wounds, burns. And We use as natural scalp hair and to rid dandruff. It is not just ordinary herbal plant we use as a first aid. The wonder of aloe vera is excellent healing the side effect of chemotherapy, boost immunity and inhabits cancerous brought. My brother eats aloe vera to reduce his blood sugar level.

3. maumaumau

maumaumau New Member

Aloe vera has more benefits than I thought. In our country, it is widely used as a hair mask to promote hair growth and hair strengthening. It has enzymes which repair dead skin cells in the scalp. Right now, aloe vera is becoming a popular ingredient in beauty products. The aloe vera gel has its cooling and soothing effects when lathered to the skin. It moisturizes the skin making it more supple. It also has healing, anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-inflammatory properties which can be helpful to treat acne. Aloe vera can also be used to lessen the appearance of stretch marks as it can repair and heal scars. It also has natural antioxidants which gives anti-aging effect to our skin. Because it can maintain our skin's elasticity, it can minimize the appearance of fine lines. There are also aloe vera drinks available in the market. They say it can also help to have good digestion and to have a regular movement. Because of its cleansing properties, some take aloe vera for weight loss.

4. rebeccaverdad

rebeccaverdad Member

Its also good for our skin. If you want your skin to be more smooth and glowing you can apply aloe vera as a moisturizer. Even on your crack heels and your crack lips. I also tried these and its works.

5. guest267

guest267 New Member

Aloe Vera is so good for a lot of things. Unfortunately, I am allergic to Aloe Vera. For example, I cannot use a cream for my sunburn when there is Aloe Vera in it. It will only burn more, and it will swell up. One time, my friend gave me a cream from Greece. I used it on my legs after shaving, and they started burning like crazy and they became red and splotchy. Now, I have to be careful when buying beauty products, because Aloe Vera is very popular for beauty products nowadays. The funny thing is, I can put it on my arms and I do not really feel anything. It might be a bit red, but my arms can handle it better than every other part of my body.

6. Iamfilipo

Iamfilipo New Member

Aloe vera is a very good source of natural remedies. But for me I would advise to those people wants to use it as facial moisturiser, you limit the use of it because may clog the pores for those who have oily skin which may cause acne.

7. nekochan30

nekochan30 Member

Aloe vera give so many benefits to our daily life and also to our body mostly on our hair that strengthen and make stronger it also makes our hair shinier.

8. pamelita

pamelita New Member

Aloe Vera is a green succulent plant of the genus aloe specie. It has been known for its medicinal properties. The latex which is the sticky yellow residue found under the skin is use to treat constipation by ingesting. The gel is use to relieve sunburn, acne and dry irritated skin. It also reduce the appearance of stretch marks and has anti-aging properties.It is applied to lines and wrinkles. Also found to have anti-oxidant and anti-microbial benefits. It is use as ingredient for commercial juices in the market.

9. sidiroma

sidiroma New Member

I started using Aloe Vera a couple years ago when I discovered it is very helpful for repairing damage to the digestive system. I used it for an entire year and I was able to eat many things that I have had to stop eating during my challenging time. I also tried it on my skin to help my acne. It doesn’t make it disappear totally, but my skin looks healthier and Aloe Vera isn’t greasy. I apply it to my skin at night only, because it reacts badly to the sun and can leave marks on my skin type.

10. ak.villacorta98

ak.villacorta98 New Member

Aloe Vera is a miracle plant. You can almost use it in everything. It can be a home remedy, a decorative plant or even as a drink! I recently watched a video on YouTube and this one Philippine Brand just made their own version of soothing gel and Aloe mist. I can't wait to try it!

11. tatz1120

tatz1120 Member

Aloe vera acts as a great conditioner and leaves your hair all smooth and shiny. It promotes hair growth, prevents itching on the scalp, reduces dandruff and conditions your hair.

12. orozcojessamae

orozcojessamae New Member

Aloe vera produces two substances used for medicine: The gel is obtained from the cells in the center of the leaf, and the latex is obtained from the cells just beneath the leaf skin.
    Most people use aloe gel as a remedy for skin conditions, including burns, sunburn, frostbite, psoriasis and cold sores, but there is a host of other aloe vera benefits. Aloe gel is used for treating osteoarthritis, bowel diseases, fever, itching and inflammation.
    It’s also used as a natural remedy for asthma, stomach ulcers, diabetes and for soothing side effects of radiation treatment. Aloe latex is used to naturally treat depression, constipation, asthma and diabetes.

13. vinzero6

vinzero6 Member

Aloe vera is a plant that helps regenerate skin tissue and as such it has miraculous healing properties. Take the fresh gel from the leaf and massage onto the area with stretch marks and leave on for 20-30 minutes. Do it daily and wash off with tepid water.

14. blackpastel

blackpastel New Member

I love Aloe Vera. It's current in my skin care and hair care routine. I got this frizzy hair so I tried using Aloe vera in my hair. After weeks and months of usage, it showed great results. Same thing in my face. I tried applying some in my face and my face feels so hydrated and smooth ever.

15. ljas

ljas New Member

Wherever we go we and wherever we live ill make sure there's an aloe vera planted in my backyards. We used it as part of our daily life, for hair fall , for cuts, wounds, and burns. It is very beneficial and access is very easy and its a lot cheaper way than buying over the counter medicines.

16. cyrilace03

cyrilace03 New Member

Aloe vera is such an amazing because it can be use in many types such as treating acne, hair loss and so much more. This plant is amazing plant even it has unpleasant smell but it can cure many diseases especially skin problems.

17. Aloe vera, the product of this plant (a thick juice from the leaves) is employed not for its aroma but as a purgative and for other health-related purposes. The aloes brought by Nicodemus was likely the same aloeswood product as that referred to in the Hebrew Scriptures