Am I normal ?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Zirizir, Oct 14, 2019.

1. Zirizir

Zirizir New Member

Hi, I'm a 27 years old women and I'm obsessed with stories of serial killers and crime thriller movies. There are times I have sympathy for these notorious serial killers even though I have never thought of hurting anyone. Is it normal to be this way?

2. quercitron

quercitron Member

Hi! Yes, in my perspective, it is normal to be fond of these kinds of genre. I happen to experience the same as you. As long as it's not something that troubles other people, I continue to amuse myself in that genre.

There are even some people with hybristophilia. A condition where in an individual gets attracted to a serial killer.

1 person likes this.
  3. Dorothy-5me5

Dorothy-5me5 Member

Have you researched a specific Serial killer and write about?

4. tdiaz003

tdiaz003 New Member

Hi! We are on the same wavelength. If you are interested in psychology, stories of serial killers can tell you much about how the human mind works and how wicked people can put up a facade of decency. I have read articles about some of the most notorious serial killers like Ted Bundy and John Wayne Gacy, and the veneer of politeness behind their morbid thoughts continues to appall me. In my opinion, it is okay to express enthusiasm for stories of serial killers or crime thrillers. However, looking up to serial killers is a different story.

5. sirlambchop

sirlambchop New Member

Yes, it's normal. A big reason serial killer documentaries exist is because people who are interested by them exist. As long as you don't put any of those people on a pedestal and think super highly of them, but are still interested in how they think, it's fine.

6. nyates

nyates New Member

Why do we desire to be normal? No, I am not an approval seeker nor someone whom wants attention by being an outlier. I do, however, wonder why our society desires to be normal or fit into box. Were we psychologically trained to think that we can be at peace once and can have a sigh of relief knowing that we can blend into the herd. Rather than inquiring if we are normal, why don't we ask "am I in line with my values and beliefs?"

7. Kryptonian

Kryptonian Member

Maybe you are normal.It depends on the motive of the serial killer killing spree. If the people are dying for reasons requiring the death sentence,then you are normal.The wages of sin is death.