Anime or cartoons?

Discussion in 'Movies' started by reinaldmacalinao23, Apr 7, 2019.

1. reinaldmacalinao23

reinaldmacalinao23 New Member

Which do you prefer? Anime or cartoons?

2. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

Anime is my choice. Regular cartoons are now becoming monotonous. Anime is a lot more creative. It also pushes the boundaries in a way cartoons don't. My only gripe about anime is the way they end. Still, for me, anime is better.

3. totoy4741

totoy4741 New Member

Are not they similar? I mean, if you mean by anime, it is the one with series while cartoons are those only for movies?

4. RICHDADDY

RICHDADDY Member

[​IMG]
    NARUTO
    for me he will always be the most awe inspiring characters of all time. Be is magnanimity or his will to succeed in front of the other villagers or even the poignant soundtrack that accompanies him..This guy never fails to lift my moods!!!

5. Ipostthings

Ipostthings New Member

I can still remember Saturday morning cartoons, fighting with my brother of over the remote and being pleased when I was watching Alvin and the Chipmunks or The Flinstones. I guess enjoy the whole innocence that came with being a kid, standing in front of the T.V. and watching your favorite cartoons. My children are avid fans of anime and I allow them to be who they are and like whatever it is they like. I feel after I watched an anime episode that the glamour of adulthood is being introduced too early and pure innocence and life lessons that I learned while being a kid, was snatched away. The classic cartoons, by far, outrate anime.

6. jaykenth

jaykenth Member

I prefer Anime since then. There are funny cartoons that I also watch but if we are talking about general, I love anime. The different genre of anime and the styles of drawing are the best. And also the storyline and flashbacks, even fillers are good. You have a lot of options and it is for all ages, and I mean all ages because there are some for kids that only want to play and adults that like gore gruesome animes.

7. Marjune26

Marjune26 New Member

Anime of course, cartoons are for kids.

8. vincedprince

vincedprince Member

No matter how you look at it, an anime is a cartoon. The main difference is that an anime is considered a Japanese style of cartoons in the West. Many English-language dictionaries define anime as "a Japanese style of motion-picture animation" or as "a style of animation developed in Japan."
    That’s it, Japanese cartoons/animations are called Animes.

9. For me I like both !
    When i was a kid up until now I am watching cartoons
    Also now i like to watch anime in my free time

10. jamaicaAP

jamaicaAP New Member

Anime for me. I have quite a few favorites, like One Piece, Fairy Tail, Inuyasha, Toriko and Hunter x hunter.
    Cartoons rarely contain substance. They're for when you want mindless entertainment. Whereas anime needs your attention in order for you to understand the storyline.
    There are also times when an anime episode can reflect an experience you've had and you relate to the protagonist better. Cartoons like Tom and Jerry are funny and entertaining and they have sustained that entertainment for so many decades, but when it comes down to it, they're just funny but not memorable.

11. kg0903

kg0903 New Member

Honestly, I prefer anime over so many things to consider. Anime has a lot of genres that you can get yourself into. anime offers different art styles from classic to modern ones. Anime also has a very great storyline that can fuck your mind. Yes, there are also a lot of good cartoons but it bores me easily. Also, there is a lot of anime that are being dubbed into English and aired in American channels because they are just too good. One thing that I also like Anime is the opening theme or their soundtrack which is also cool to listen to.

Tokyo Ghoul, Attack on Titan, Death Parade, Hunter x Hunter are great, check them out.

12. tumerkan

tumerkan New Member

Cartoon are children specific (I don't know if Rick and Morty and gravity falls are cartoon or not), but still cartoons are for children. Their content is mostly only enjoyable by children and they do not contain any sort of violence or adult stuff. Some examples of cartoons are-

1. Dora the explorer
    2. Baby Looney toons
    3. Bob the builder
    4. Noddy
    5. Adventure time
    6. Roll number 21
    And many more.

On the other hand anime can only be enjoyed (at the fullest) by adolescents (atleast about 15) and adults. Though there are some exceptions like Pokemon, Beyblade, Doraemon which can also be enjoyed by children.

Anime usually contains a deep story line ( relative to cartoons), lot of information to remember, power levels, violence and sometimes fan service(actually a lot of fan service which wouldn't be fan service if it ain't nudity).

I think that this is enough information to differentiate between anime and cartoons.

You can also pull up Wikipedia for detailed information, I mean it's up to you

13. clairebalubal

clairebalubal Member

Anime. I am an avid fan of anime although I only choose what anime I am going to watch. Anime series that I love are
    1. One piece (all time favorite)
    2. Bleach
    3. Dragon ball z
    4. Hunter x hunter
    5. Detective conan
    6. Ghost fighter
    7. Flame of Recca

I love anime because its not dramatic and most of the characters are so pretty and handsome.

Mikes12 likes this.
  14. Chubalina

Chubalina New Member

I have always been an avid fan of anime since I was a child, so I'm very biased when I say I prefer anime. Although some anime are targeted towards kids, like Yokai Watch, they are able to cover more genres with anime. The animation styles, the voice acting, the story telling in anime is different from most of the cartoons shown on TV. And a lot of the cartoons that are able to match with these animes, are even inspired by the style that anime uses, like Avatar: the Last Air Bender. Although, there are some cartoons that will always be dear to me, like Spongebob Squarepants.

15. Janner29

Janner29 New Member

As to my preference both anime and cartoons are awesome! Yet even before my childhood years, I've been an avid fan of anime both series and movies, great anime series in the television has been a great part of my life, I have been hooked up with Anime's characters, because of their cool features cloak with their superb powers and style, the storyline is great and you need to hooked up until the end. unlike cartoon characters which I didn't discredit to be a part of my childhood as well, yet for many reasons, I found Anime to be my best pick.

16. Ganoke

Ganoke New Member

Both anime and cartoons are great but I prefer anime to cartoons.anime is more mature and can be watched by any age group.anime series are rich interesting and sometimes addictive

17. iwisting

iwisting Member

Cartoons never get old.

18. MelvinAngelo

MelvinAngelo Member

For me i choose anime also the famous anime manga in japan,, i always watch in youtube after working hours to relieve my stress

19. Janaafonso

Janaafonso New Member

Anime are amazing and it looks like there's one for everyone, they are not for children, but cartoons have a adult theme joke more real and usual.

For me you should see both.

20. Aleona

Aleona Member

I'd always go for cartoons. I'm a huge fan of disney and cartoon network since I was a kid and I can say I have never got tired of it.

21. Ajacky12

Ajacky12 New Member

I prefer anime because they do capture my interest and attention longer. Some anime series like Attack in Titan, Death note, are more awesome than the real movie.

22. jpvelascooo

jpvelascooo Member

Anime is a short term for Animation. It’s called that way because of easier to be said, no need to be picky or worry, the core is same, but if you asked Anime in term of Japan Exclusives and Animation for more generics. Then my answer is i don’t mind with both as long as i can enjoy the content.

23. jjmontero

jjmontero Member

Cartoon. I did not grow up watching anime so I like more the cartoons.

24. derek2002

derek2002 New Member

i like both because when i was a kid i'm always watching cartoons then now that i am a teenager i like watching anime too.

25. shankz15

shankz15 New Member

I loved anime so much but for this forum i like to answer cartoons why? Because i always remember my childhood because i am already 29 now hehehe but for me it's stress free and no problems all you have to do is laughing, smiling and you don't have to be stress on your surroundings and bonding to your children, family, and friends too.

It's nice comeback to our childhood shout out to the generation of 90's

26. Maxim

Maxim New Member

I tried to watch anime, but it’s not for my taste. I have nothing against and do not blame those who watch anime. I just did not fit this genre.

27. Debbie12

Debbie12 New Member

Even as a child, I sensed something different about cartoons Compared to other Anime, they struck me as serious, drama and stylish. Each episode contributed to a longer narrative and when something changed, it remained that way for the rest of the series. The straight-lined art affected me in a way anime rounded styles never did.

28. GaryNewman

GaryNewman Member

Cartoons because I do not watch anime. Haha! It is not that I am not interested in anime, because I believe that once I get into something I'd want to finish it till the end. I have already tried watching a few animes recommended by some people, but it's just that I never get enough recommendations to keep watching and watching. Aside from that, I sometimes feel that I could spend my time doing something better.

I don't even watch cartoons anymore, either. This is mainly because I am on my computer now most of the time and the TV is nonexistent in my daily routine, but I would gladly sit down and watch cartoons if you wanted me to. I would probably be even more willing to do that than watch anime, which is why cartoons are my way to go. Heh.

29. shemmymabras

shemmymabras New Member

Anime! Graphics are superb and more values inculcated specially about friendship

30. Byrdman

Byrdman New Member

While that is true and anime is very creative it is often very hard to understand what is going on. The fight scenes that are seen as creative, often times you don’t really know what’s going on until after the fight scene. Anime is creative but cartoons are laid out in a very basic manner which makes it easy to understand and entertaining enough to watch when you have nothing else to do. Anime is something I would turn on while doing something because I would have no idea what is going on.