Any suggestions for me to focus on reading books?

Discussion in 'Books' started by minhtam19, Aug 12, 2019.

1. minhtam19

minhtam19 New Member

Hello there everyone,

To be honest, I am not a big reader although I am trying so hard to become that kind of person one day. Yet I have to say that I have not found any kind of books or reading materials that make me feel like I could not put them down. I run out of concentration when it comes to the case that I have to read lengthy passages (I can focus pretty well while working on other things, just not reading books).

Any suggestions to overcome this issue?

1 person likes this.
  2. StephWhis

StephWhis Member

Definitely try audiobooks, or maybe try to find someone to read to you aloud. I know a lot of people with which this helps tremendously. It also might simply be the content of the books. You don't have to go for a lengthy novel, it could be a simple book with pictures. Just find something that interests you.

3. Jack96

Jack96 New Member

Hi Minhtam19! There is one thing that has helped me a lot to focus while reading e-books, or reading in general. I do like to put some headphones and play some withe noise. I love this one from YouTube Hopefully it works for you too!

4. Teachergeorge

Teachergeorge Member

The best way is not allocating time to read the book but reading few pages when commuting to work or home, at the park, waiting for an appointment, after watching a movie, at the house balcony thus being creative in the environments for stimulation purposes.