Any tips for controlling blood sugar?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by tokouchi, Jul 23, 2016.

1. W0lverine8

W0lverine8 New Member

There are several ways to control blood sugar. First, exercise regularly. Good forms of exercise like weight lifting, brisk walking, running, biking, dancing, hiking and swimming make you lose weight. It also helps your muscles use blood sugar for energy and muscle contraction. Your cells are better able to use the available sugar in your bloodstream. Next, control your carb intake. Your body breaks carbohydrates down into sugars. When you eat too many carbs your blood glucose levels rise. A high-fibre diet which includes vegetables, fruits, legumes and whole grains improve blood sugar control. Stay hydrated. Drinking water is a key factor for rehydrating the blood and lowering blood sugar levels. Water and other non-caloric beverages are best. Avoid sugar-sweetened drinks because they raise blood glucose and drive weight gain. Lastly, it is important to control your stress level. Glucagon and cortisol are secreted during stress which can affect your blood sugar levels.

2. nrael0512

nrael0512 New Member

I recommend diet and VCO or Virgin Coconut Oil. It has a very good energy releasing capability which dissolve unused fats from our body. My friend begin taking this for 3 months and his blood sugar improve.

3. mckieB

mckieB New Member

Lifestyle and diet are 2 big changes one has to commit to when diagnosed with diabetes. Diet is the most important thing, obviously you should lessen your intake of carbohydrates. Others have actually been successful in achieving lasting blood sugar control through the Ketogenic diet. It basically alters your main energy food source from carbohydrates to fats. I can explain more if you're interested.

4. Cholo003

Cholo003 New Member

Most of time people that are type II diabetes are Overweight. I read a method wherein you can reduce your body weight and control your sugar. Its called Water Fasting, basically its ingesting only for the whole day on a set period of time making your body use those stored sugar in the body. This can be done for a very long time. You change it a bit to done for a long time, what i do is do a 16 hour water fasting just only water, then for remaining 8 hours you can eat twice preferably during first and last hour. Its the most efficient way for me and i encouraged you to try it.

5. danahabarro

danahabarro New Member

My father has diabetes, He really loves sweets foods it comes to a point that he's hiding from us when he's eating sweets! my advice to you is. SELF-CONTROL! learn to say NO to foods that are not healthy for you. If you still want to live long, you must have limitations. I'm not saying don't eat that food. but control yourself, you can eat but once a week. LOL! remember prevention is better than cure! and exercise, do walking or running every day at least an hour or two. it depends on you actually. and drink a lot of water. keep your safe hydrated always!

I often tell my father. If he wants to see my son growing. he must avoid things that might trigger his diabetes.
    I'm am so glad he's listening to me, he got his laboratory exam result last week. and his low blood sugar compared to last months result.

6. e=mc2

e=mc2 New Member

The 2 main things in controlling how your body functions are (1) exercise and (2) diet. Working on only one of these things could help with your ailment, but if both are done simultaneously, your chance of better health greatly increases. It is simple to understand, but the hard part comes in finding and executing a good diet while exercising on a more consistent basis.

7. Karlo Baltazar

Karlo Baltazar New Member

Your eating habits and daily exercises are key, so you're definitely on the right track. What you want to work on from here is keeping this as a daily routine, until it feels like a habit, and then a life style. Remember, we're looking for longevity. This isn't a cure, just a management. On the other side of the spectrum, you don't want to get down to the point of lowering your blood sugar too much, so always keep some form of sugar, like candy, in handy while you exercise. Also remember to monitor your blood glucose level routinely.

Keep this rhyme in mind, if you feel cold and clammy, need some candy (blood sugar is low). If you feel hot and dry, sugar high (blood sugar is high).

8. anethz

anethz New Member

Do some some regular exercise like running, biking, hiking, swimming and etc. Exercise increase insulin sensitivity and helps your muscles pick up sugar from the blood. This can lead to reduced blood sugar level.Choose foods that are lower in calories, saturated fat, trans fat, sugar and salt. Eat foods with more fiber, such as whole grain cereals, breads, crackers, rice or pasta. Lastly monitor your sugar level.

9. Emerson Cueto

Emerson Cueto New Member

Tips for controlling your blood sugar:

1. Modify your diet, Focus on Green leafy vegetables and decrease intake of carbohydrates
    2. Get enough sleep 6-hours per day
    3. Practice reading the nutrition facts when buying some groceries.
    4. Exercise regularly. Due to fast paced lifetsyle today you can do some brisk walking or jogging at least 30 mins per day, with approval of your doctor.
    5. Better to eat cooked food than fast foods.
    6. Increase intake of fluids, water to be specific.
    7. Be active everyday.

10. Ephedrine

Ephedrine New Member

The best way to control your blood sugar is to follow a keto diet. The ketogenic diet has the potential to decrease blood glucose levels. Managing carbohydrate intake is often recommended for people with type 2 diabetes because carbohydrates turn to sugar and, in large quantities, can cause blood sugar spikes.

11. mharjoe

mharjoe New Member

Blood sugar level should always be normal , as much as possible. Too high Blood sugar can cause diabetes and too low can kill you because of lacking of energy . "Sugar is not bad" in fact it is our source of energy but too much of it or too low is bad.

Sugar can be found on breads,rice,cola,juices,candy, etc,. You need to avoid this food BUT not completely avoid, as I said earlier sugar is our source of energy so everything should be in moderation.It is easy to make your blood sugar goes up than to go down ,so let us focus on making blood sugar go down especially for diabetic person.

Diabetes is a non curable disease but can be controlled , lifestyle plays a very special role in controlling diabetes .aside from taking medicine, these are some things to do to make your blood sugar level normal.

Eat Healthy foods such as, veggies,lean meat,fruits.
    Avoid junk foods.
    Exercise daily, 30 minutes of good exercise is enough.
    quit your bad habits(drinking,smoking etc)
    Last is be engaged to a healthy lifestyle

Always remember to be healthy , not just for you but for the people who loved you.

12. Glen Benson

Glen Benson Member

You need to see a doctor in order that they can give an advice fo you to take or do. Don't eat too much carbohydrates and sweet foods.

13. sweetlimern

sweetlimern New Member

If you have a diabetes, talk first to a doctor for proper treatment. Aside from proper diet and exercise, I also suggest taking a supplement. I highly recommend Emulin, the world's first Patented and natural Carbohydrate Manager. It is an all natural patented compound derived from parts of plants. It: (1) manages sugar in the bloodstream (2) facilitates glucose in tissues including brain (3) channels glucose into muscles (4) manages blood sugar spikes (5) controls creation of new sugar (6) manages insulin release (7) decreases sugar feom food in the stomach.

14. mar06

mar06 New Member

We knew that lack of blood sugar may harm our health. I knew that its very dangerous if we cannot control our blood sugar. So here are thing and tips and I want to share to control our blood sugar. First we need to avoid those sweet things like specifically soft-drinks and other sweet things that can harm our blood sugar. I mean we can eat those things but we don't need to eat it too much. Second we drink and eat those medicine about controlling blood sugar such herbal supplements that is good to our blood sugar. Then lastly, eating vegetables and fruits also may help to maintain our blood sugar and not only in our blood sugar but also in our entire body. Vegetables and fruits are one of the best treatment in every diseases or illness ever in our daily life. So I encourage you to eat vegetables and fruits to obtain healthy life and can help our blood sugar. And also there is also treatment for blood sugar such tablets but I'm not prefer to use that because there are some of that may harm our body or our blood sugar instead of curing it. So instead of medicine tablets just use herbal plant or eating vegetable and fruits for the sake of our body. :)

15. Try to eat constantly. If you tend to skip meals, be honest with your health care provider about this so you can work together to determine a glucose-lowering medication plan that is designed to suit your needs and lifestyle. If you take a blood glucose-lowering medication that has the potential to cause hypoglycemia, such as insulin, skipping meals can increase the risk of experiencing low blood sugar.

Focus Attention on Carbs. After you eat carbohydrate-containing foods, the carbohydrate will break down into glucose and enter the bloodstream.

Select foods high in Fiber. Research shows that eating a diet with sufficient fiber can keep you healthy. It can also help you stay fuller longer. Although you see only the word fiber on the Nutrition Facts labels, our foods actually contain hundreds of different dietary fibers. There are three main categories: fibers that add bulk to help with regularity, fibers that help reduce blood fats, and fibers that can help lower blood sugar and decrease insulin resistance.

16. fattymadz

fattymadz New Member

I also found out that I am slight diabetic. I really love sweets, and I eat sweets everyday. But when I found out I am diabetic. I eat corn rice and drink boiled mulberry leaves every day. Minimize eating sweets. It works for me.

17. Chrizelda Medina

Chrizelda Medina New Member

On my own experienced it's really hard to control blood sugar. There are so many ways to control our blood sugar. Do not add sugar to your coffee. Chose an organic coffee if you want too. Stop eating junks foods. Do not eat so much chocolates, cakes and bread with high sugar content. Do exercise daily and drink a lot of water to remove all the toxin inside your body. Go to vegan diet. Change your lifestyle to have a healthy life.

18. radiant115

radiant115 New Member

The best solution i know for controlling,your blood sugar is cutting out your carbohydrates(carbs) , or going on a low carb diets like Keto, Paleo, Atkins and Slow carb. These diets require consumption of high fat and moderate protein, which, your body uses up as energy instead of using carbs . Not consuming carbs has been proven to reduce your insulin levels ,the main hormone that controls blood sugar in your body. An added advantage is that you also quickly loose weight on low carb diets.

19. Balatszki_07

Balatszki_07 Member

You likely know all too well that choosing healthier foods for your meals and snacks is an important part of taking care of your diabetes and your overall health. When it comes to eating healthfully with diabetes, today’s nutrition guidelines from the American Diabetes Association (last revised in November 2013 and published in the journal Diabetes Care) are in sync with how all Americans should make efforts to eat.

There’s no longer a one-size-fits-all “diabetic diet” or eating plan. If you’ve got some work to do on your food choices and eating habits, take a one-step-at-a-time approach to making changes. Step 1: Change what’s easiest for you to put into action. Get a few successes under your belt. Then it will become easier to make more changes over time. Don’t be hard on yourself. This is all hard work in our food-focused world.

Need some assistance? Find a registered dietitian or diabetes educator to work with. If you don’t know where or how to access these professionals, ask your health care provider for recommendations. Also get a referral. To get support with weight loss and maintaining a healthy weight, think about joining Weight Watchers; look for a program at your local community center, YMCA, or place of employment; or get a few friends or neighbors together and start a support group.

Your healthy eating plan should help you get to or stay at a healthy weight. Start with a few of these suggestions:

• Continue to include the foods you enjoy. If you know some of these foods are less healthy, enjoy them in smaller portions.
    • Include healthy sources of carbohydrate: fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, and low-fat dairy foods. These foods are excellent sources of many vitamins, minerals, and dietary fiber. Keep in mind that people with diabetes can and should make healthy sources of carbohydrate the center of their eating plan.
    • Lighten up on added sugars and sweets. Cut down on all kinds of sugary drinks (including regular soda, fruit drinks, sports drinks, etc.), flavored hot and iced coffees and teas, pastries, candy, and desserts. You can continue to enjoy small portions on occasion.
    • Trim and skim your fat grams. Use less salad dressing, mayonnaise, sour cream, cream cheese, and cheese. The calories from these foods almost all come from fat. Fat is a very concentrated source of calories. Some of the animal-based foods on this list, like cheese, contain saturated fat. In fact, cheese is the leading contributor of saturated fat in American diets.
    • Minimize the amount of salt and sodium you eat. Consume fewer processed and packaged foods. Also cut down on restaurant meals. Cook at home more, and use less salt in cooking and at the table.

20. April15

April15 New Member

Diabetes runs in our family so I can relate to this. Though I'm not diabetic I still watch my blood sugar since this is already in our genes. I'll share some tips that I usually do. First, be watchful of your diet. Watch your carbohydrate intake. Our body breaks carbs down into sugars and then insulin moves the sugars into cells. I would recommend eating small amount of rice, breads, pasta or any carbs. Or if possible switch to whole carbs like brown rice, potatoes, sweet potatoes, legumes, etc. Second is to exercise. Make sure that you sweat. You can do your household chores as exercise or allot at least 30 minutes a day to exercise. Third is to drink lots of water. I usually drink 10-12 cups of water a day. This will help remove the toxins inside our body and will hydrate as well. Fourth is manage your stress. Find a hobby or look for something that can relieve your stress. What I usually do when I'm stressed is vent out to my partner then watch a comedy movie or show. Lastly is to stay positive and be happy and I think this is the most important.

21. KMR

KMR New Member

I researched this topic extensively when I was diagnosed with reactive hypoglycemia, but I was not able to find a clear answer. There is a lot of conflicting information about blood sugar. Some doctors encourage a plant-based diet, which is high in complex carbohydrates and low in fat, while other doctors promote a low-carb, high-fat diet. The former group believes that dietary fat builds up and prevents your cells from using glucose correctly, which causes glucose to build up and circulate in the bloodstream. The latter group believes that you should try to keep your glucose levels at a constant low to help regulate insulin sensitivity.

I've tried both. The low-carb, high-fat diet raised my fasting levels of blood glucose, but also it prevented any major fluctuations. That approach reduced my physical symptoms; however, I felt mentally foggy and sluggish. Opponents of low-carb diets say the diet does not actually help your blood sugar or insulin levels, but instead acts like a Band-Aid. My endocrinologist advised me to eat a balanced diet and not to cut out any of the macros. I adopted a plant-based diet, and so far, I feel more energetic and have not had any hypo episodes.

We tend to demonize carbohydrates in regard to blood sugar, but not all carbs are bad. It is important to note the difference between simple and complex carbs. Of course you should avoid simple carbs, like white bread and cakes, but complex carbs, like sprouted whole grain tortillas, are perfectly good for you in the context of a balanced diet.

Also, keep in mind that each person is different. Use a glucose monitor at 1-, 2- and 3-hour intervals after eating to see how your body responds to different types of foods. Keep track of your portion sizes as well. Lastly, adopt a regular exercise routine if you haven't already. Weight lifting may help your body process carbohydrates more efficiently.

22. Mohamed Lachgar

Mohamed Lachgar New Member

Here are some easy ways to lower blood sugar levels :

1 Take proper treatment regularly so as to avoid Side effects of diabetes.

2 The need for each patient to have a device to measure the sugar to measure the sugar, because the symptoms of low sugar is very similar to the symptoms of high blood sugar.

3 Add onions regularly to the plate salad, because the onion contains a substance called vegetable insulin, which helps to reduce blood sugar.

4. Eat foods containing vitamin B complex to avoid inflammation and atrophy in the peripheral nerves. Vitamin B is found in the embryo of wheat, oats, yoghurt and yoghurt.

5 Eat soothing foods for nerves such as lettuce, because it contains lactocarium, which helps to calm the nerves.

6. Eat foods that contain tryptophan, which stimulate the body to secretion of serotonin soothing nerves such as eggs, rice and brown bread.

7 Eat extended foods for arteries such as, add a tablespoon of olive oil to green salad.

8 Add garlic to the plate salad to increase the immunity of the diabetic, which may weaken due to irregular blood sugar.

23. Abundant777

Abundant777 New Member

A lot of people believe that just by lessen your intake of sugar from food would prevent diabetes. Sugar, once processed by the body does not only come from sweet food like cakes, ice cream, candies, and the like. White rice and white bread converts also to sugar. Carbohydrates convert to sugar. Thus, we should minimize our intake to carbohydrates.

24. crysha

crysha New Member

If you want to lower your blood sugar,you need to take small steps toward a healthy eating plan. Try to eat consistently. focus attention on carbs,select foods high in fiber. Think before you drink,practice portion pontrol,fill half your plate with nonstarchy vegetables and take blood glucose-lowering medications if you need them.

25. anthonyferil

anthonyferil New Member

It is important that you check your blood sugar level on a regular basis. It is the one way that you are able to check and see if what you are doing is working, or if any changes are needed to be made in your lifestyle. Don’t think of checking your sugar as some type of pass or fail test. It’s just like any other numerical value that you get, such as your weight. You may not like what you see, but you can always do your best to improve it.

26. eliza83

eliza83 New Member

The most important thing is self discipline..you can't resist some sweets usually that's the problems of many people have diabetes when they see many tempting foods but not really good for their conditions.You must control your self when you're craving for some sweets especially cakes and other deserts.You can choose some fruits less of sugar but can reduce your blood sugar level.

27. albino

albino New Member

My mother is diabetic controlling sugar is proper diet, make sure the food you eat has few element of carbohydrates because it is where most glucose came from, in Philippines there is a discovery about " how to cure diabetes in five minutes" by Dr. Jimmy Dy Liacco by drinking two raw eggs mixed with a sea salt and pepper this is viral on youtube you can search it for more information. Wishing you a good health.

28. sarah abrahams

sarah abrahams New Member

Hello,
    To stabilize your blood sugar level you need to follow your meal plan, exercising regularly, being consistent with blood sugar testing, and following up regularly with your doctor. You need to track your carbohydrates consumption because large variations in carbohydrate intake from day to day can lead to fluctuations in blood sugars. Commit to a regular exercise programme.

29. Raymund1980

Raymund1980 New Member

Highblood sugar is one of our health problems now a days.Here are some tips on how to control or regulate our blood sugar.Exercise regularly,regular exercise helps us to lose weight and increase insulin sensitivity,it also helps your muscles use blood sugar for energy and muscle contraction.Control your carb intake,our body breaks down carb into sugars,when we eat to many carbs or have problems with insulin functions,this process fails,and blode glucose(sugar) level rise.Increase your fiber intake,fibers slows carb digestion and sugar absorption,for these reasons,it promotes a more gradual risein blood sugar levels.Stay hydrated,drinking enough water may help you keep your sugar levels within healthy limits,drinking water regularly rehydrates the blood,lowers blood sugar levels and reduces diabetes risk.Control your eating,monitoring your serving sizes also helps reduce calorie intake and susequent blood sugar spikes.Control stress levels,stress can affect your blood sugar levels.Get enough quality sleep.Make a healthy living.

30. shaknaks10

shaknaks10 New Member

We all know that your body breaks carbs down into sugars (mostly glucose), and then insulin moves the sugars into cells.When you eat too many carbs or have problems with insulin function, this process fails and blood glucose levels rise. However, there are several things you can do about this.

The American Diabetes Association (ADA) recommends controlling carb intake by counting carbs or using a food exchange system. Some studies find that these methods can also help you plan your meals appropriately, which may further improve blood sugar control. Many studies also show that a low-carb diet helps reduce blood sugar levels and prevent blood sugar spikes.

What's more, can help control blood sugar levels in the long run. Reply ;)