Anyone who still uses the basic phone? e.g. Nokia 3310

Discussion in 'Cell Phones & Tablets' started by GLADZ, Feb 2, 2019.

1. GLADZ

GLADZ New Member

I am still using a basic phone now coz it is easier to call and text even when you're not looking at it compared with a smart phone. Although I also have a smart phone for social networking purposes.

2. charmean

charmean New Member

I don't now but I have one before. It was really expensive in its first release. Everyone just got to have one. Also, it was really durable and have a long battery life compared to smart phones right now. Touchscreen phones right now just immediately break in a snap and you always have to carry a powerbank with you because the battery just drains fast. I remembered I got addicted to its games before which were space impact and snakes. Nokia 3310 was just amazing!

3. Wooper

Wooper New Member

My dad still uses a basic phone. He has a tablet for his social medias, emails, and games but he also has a basic phone just for texting and making calls. He says it's great because he doesn't have to worry about it's battery dying while on a call. Basic phones can last for days without charging depending on how frequent it's used. Maybe I should get one for myself too.

4. ewi102

ewi102 Member

i right now im using it as a back up phone because it is cheap,small and long battery like.it easy to reply and call with a nice navigation.i listen to radio and its mp3 player so its like a ipod touch to me.

5. Janner29

Janner29 New Member

Well, as of now I don't even have one, though I used to have one before since it serves to me as a backup phone, because it easy to use and more convenient to send messages like if you are saving your primary phones battery, I wish I could have one again but I preferred the new generations of phone now adays.

6. selectra

selectra Member

Yes i still use the basic phone for backup just to call and take calls. I like the fact that the battery can last for a week.so when am moving around much i like to keep it with me just in case.

7. Chubalina

Chubalina New Member

I personally use one for work purposes. I only need the basic functions at work, and the battery lasts really long. Plus it is more durable. My father uses one too because of its durability, plus the fact that he finds smartphones confusing

8. MelvinAngelo

MelvinAngelo Member

Yes i use basic phone to incase means back up,, and the other reasons to aware snatching ..so i have not lost expensive phone

9. jeanmichael

jeanmichael New Member

Yes, I use a basic phone. I find that I get too distracted with Smartphones with Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. I even see it with my wife she looks at the phone for hours doing nothing and I use to be the same. These days I have more time and Facebook and Twitter I use when I'm on the pc. I'm also happier now. :D

10. kycei

kycei New Member

YES , I still use a basic phone, it is quit good because it has a long battery life ,it is very durable a year ago my son threw it in a bucket of water but its still working.Those types of phones are very useful in remote areas because they are good in network connections .My Nokia 3310 is good because my son doesn't even like it he prefers touch screens and i am happy with it ,they must continue the production of these basic phones ;);););););)

11. Tijintom

Tijintom New Member

Yes. Not me! My dad still using Nokia 1600. For calling purpose it's enough.