Are you a K-POP fanatic?

Discussion in 'Music' started by mariaj, Apr 7, 2019.

Tags:
  1. mariaj

mariaj New Member

What is K-POP?
    [​IMG]
    K-pop is a musical genre originating in South Korea, characterized by a wide variety of audiovisual elements. Although it incorporates all forms of Korean popular music, such as trot and folk music, the term is more often used to refer to songs produced by idol groups.

I began to know K-Pop on the year 2012, I had some favorites & started to support their songs and even their TV guesting but then I stopped for some reason, but here I am again, returned to get hooked with these K-Pop idols. I am just curious if any members here in postloop supports K-POP & who is your favorite idols?

2. sheennayu

sheennayu New Member

when i was in high school (year 2015 i guess haha im not sure) i fell in love in one k-pop group named EXO. because i was influenced by my classmate coz she always talk about it and she keep on showing to me pictures with handsome faces! my favorite k-pop idol that time was TAO unfortunately he left the group because of some personal reason. actually im not sure. hehe. but now, im not into k-pop but i still enjoy their trend musics.. owkie..

3. Sindi25

Sindi25 Member

I am a huge kpop fan but not a kpop fanatic. I became a fan in 2015. Some fans take it a step too far and take it way too seriously, fight everyone. I enjoy the cool choreographies, nice upbeat songs and colorful music videos. I am a huge BIGBANG fan. The recent news has made me very upset but I still love them so much. I will forever cherish the nice memories. I mainly listen to girl groups and I love BLACKPINK the most.

4. ClaireG

ClaireG Member

I am a huge fan of korean songs because i love watching korean dramas. Since I was a kid, I am exposed to korean novelas since my parents love watching those. Growing up being a fan of those kpop thing. I am a fan of BTS, Blackpink, EXO and etc. I also love listening to korean drama ost. I've been listening to them since then and until now it's like my day is not complete without those stuffs.

5. missmelon17

missmelon17 Member

No, I am more of a KDrama fan. Hehe. But then, i do like the beat of their songs. It's so catchy and sometimes even if i can't understand the language used in their song, the beat and the emotions in their voices says it all. SO even if i'm not a fan of kpop, i love their music.

6. taylorstuckey

taylorstuckey New Member

Sometime ago, I wouldn't have really considered myself a kpop fan, but now I think I do. Most of the kpop I've heard I've really liked, and I am slowly but surely getting more into it. I actually used to listen to some kpop (primarily EXO and Big Bang) during my freshman year of high school, but that only was a brief phase I went through. Now though, I'm super into BTS, and am in the process of getting into (G)I-dle, Blackpink, Stray Kids, Ateez, Itzy, TXT, NCT, and other groups.

7. luvdamsel

luvdamsel New Member

No,but I love KDrama

8. marizmerilles

marizmerilles New Member

I'm not really a fan of Kpop but my three daughters are. My youngest daughter-Nicole is into Kpop since 2013, she love the girl group Girls' Generation with all her heart that even if there are a lot of other groups out there now- groups that are much younger who are dominating the charts globally-Girls' Generation still holds the no.1 spot in her heart.

9. shaina14

shaina14 New Member

I'm not really a huge fan of K-pop but I love BLACKPINK now. Since they were introduced to me, I keep on listening to their music and eventually became a blink. K-pop nowadays is trending. BTS are the ones who's really popular now. Gaining new fans all over the world. I'm glad to know that we can become one and together because of our love in music.

10. mcamaro00

mcamaro00 New Member

well, I'm not a K-POP fanatic but I love playing K-POP songs. It sounds really good especially their love songs. It really strikes deep in the heart and mind and makes me play it over and over again. I'm watching K-DRAMAS and my heart moved because of their lovely OST. It's really coped with the scenes in the drama.

11. jvhlxi

jvhlxi Member

Yes I love BP, Mamamoo, Loco, Gray :thumbsup:

12. flowqer

flowqer New Member

Honestly got into K-pop because of BTS which then made me go and discover other groups. I love K-pop because it gives content of the idols through variety shows which shows their personality and gives me some good laughs sometimes. I also really like how their stages are set for their performances and of course, seeing their talent in singing and dancing. Other than BTS, I like Twice, G-Idle, and TXT.

13. pancitcanton

pancitcanton New Member

I wouldn't say fanatic. I just listen to some Korean music, preferably mellow osts from kdrama. My Kpop groups are BTS, they have dope music. BTOB, I prefer their mellow music more than their pop, they have amazing vocals too. EXID and Hyuna are my "hoe" choices when I'm feeling extra. I have a lot more but the mentioned artists are my top listenined to list.

14. chamielita

chamielita New Member

[​IMG]

I started to listen on Korean music when I was on my first year college, way back 2007. I used to dance before and Kwon Boa became one of my inspiration back then. Even until now, I admire this artist for being one of the veteran of what they called now, K-pop.

Yes, I do still listen. But, I don't like or go with the trend right now on how people so into K-pop. I still do prefer the old ones, like IU and 2ne1. I always go for the talent and quality of the artist, not just for the pretty face and fame.

15. rawrffy

rawrffy New Member

I'm not a k-pop fanatic but I love some k-pop music. There are some k-pop music that I love because of its beat, tempo and its catchy tune. Most k-pop music that i love to hear are from girl group who works with big companies. They produce really good songs and it gives me good vibes most especially when I am playing a game.

16. eddilee28

eddilee28 New Member

Wayback 2012, I started liking the Korean-Pop industry, not just the music but the artist too and they're aiming to reach the goal that they wanted. They all have hard work, encouragement to continue what they love, the loyalty between the career they have chosen. I totally admire them even thou how painful and stressful it was, you have the fighting spirit to continue what you have started.
    Kpop is not just a word it's like a precious thing that we need to value and appreciate, even thou other foreign countries can't understand what they speak. But I have the saying, " We don't need internet research to understand everyone if we have the heart and mind to understand they're gestures and emotions. And 2ne1 CL quote " You can just enjoy music without understanding it, music is a universal language."'No matter what we do, we won't be leaving music.
    And for me "Anything is possible."

17. inspirit0610

inspirit0610 New Member

I started becoming a KPop fan last year because of Infinite. Two of the members: Sungyeol and Woohyun played major roles in the drama Hi School Love-On so I discovered Infinite. I watched the variety shows where they appeared on like:
    • Weekly Idol
    • You are My Oppa
    • Sesame Player
    • Ranking King
    • Infinite Showtime
    • This is Infinite
    • Beatle Codes 2
    I also watched their amazing live performances and became an Inspirit as my username states. So, all thanks to Infinite, I am introduced to KPop which I love

18. tjmay

tjmay Member

love to hear their song u might dance as u hear their song

19. vebselpo

vebselpo Member

Not really as I don't understand their language.

20. Serapiel

Serapiel New Member

I am not a fan of K-Pop but I like their songs even though I can't understand the language. Some of the artists I like are BTS, Momoland, Blackpink, (G)I-dle, Psy.

21. kirbycorpin02

kirbycorpin02 Member

K-Pop or Korean Pop is a famous musical genre in the world. Way back 2008 when I first listen to the music of Girl's Generation, Super Junior and 2Ne1. I have been attracted not just their music beat but also their catchy dance steps and looks. Not just millennials but also adults are now being interested on their music. South Korea garnered millions of fans around the world by their K-Pop music. They have successfully showcase the Korean wave worldwide.

I am also a fan for 11 years now and I must say that it changes me a lot. I can eat Korean foods like Kimchi and Samgyupsal. I also wear K-Pop stars outfit. I do cosplay Hyuna from 4 Minute and it's so cool. I also attend K-Pop conventions and gain more friends from doing it. From an introvert person to being an extrovert where I can also showcase my talent by doing K-Pop cosplay.

It is so fun that I knew K-Pop that gave a big impact in my life. I am so thankful that they help millions of people to be happy with their music. We do forget our personal problems by listening to their music. I wish that it will stay longer for the future generations that they can also be fulfill like us.

22. cozhart

cozhart New Member

I really love KPOP and I consider myself as one of those oldies who stan the youngest generation of k-idols. So far I have seen a lot of groups come and go and I still reminisce the days when 2NE1 and GG were the best two fandoms and fanwars was not toxic at all. Right now, we live in a world filled with rising stars like TXT and Everglow... and here I am... still stanning idols like I've never been before...

23. cly1212

cly1212 New Member

Kpop fan here too! This topic is the first one I've searched here. I heard of Kpop way before because of Sandara Park, I'm from the Philippines and since she used to be an actress here, the news of her debuting as a girl group member was big and a lot supported her and 2ne1. But back then, I didn't become a fan of Kpop yet. I was a KDrama fan but not Kpop, honestly, hearing 2ne1's "Fire" and SuJu's "Sorry Sorry" everytime, used to irritate me. It was when I watched two KDramas that were musically centered; first was "He's Beautiful", and the second was "Dream High". I liked the first one and I fell in love with the second. The music used in both dramas were good and until now, 10 years later, the OSTs are still in my playlist. I realized there are a lot of pretty good music in kpop more than the repetitive earworm (my mind has been converted though, now I love repetitive earworms ).

I downloaded all the songs used in both dramas and I even researched about the cast of Dream High, then I discovered they were members of Idol groups. I followed them all but since Ham Eunjung was my favorite character in the drama, I primarily focused on her, then I started researching about the other maembers of T-ara, the group where Eunjung is a member. I fell in love with the whole group, and finally became a fan.

That didn't end there though since I started watching. variety shows were T-ara members appeared in, I discovered other idols too like of course 2PM and Miss A then SNSD, Secret, After School, 4Minute, Kara, IU, Seo In Young, 2AM, CNBlue, FT Island, etc...more on girl groups and 2nd gen idols. Now, since most of them have disbanded or in a hiatus or in a scandal, I haven't heard a lot about them much, so my attention is on the 3rd, 4th gen and since I love watching survival shows, I love Twice and IZ*One and all other PRODUCE babies, maybe Red Velvet. Right now, I'm not as crazy about them as before but I still hoard the music even those groups that I don't really follow.

Last edited: May 19, 2019
  24. No but I use to watch korean movie.

25. wendeluxe

wendeluxe New Member

I've known K-Pop since when i was in Elementary but I never really call myself a fan before. The first K-Pop groups that I know is 2NE1, Bigbang, Super Junior, and Girls Generation because I always see their music videos in our local music channel (Myx Philippines) until we lost our cable subscription so I am not updated.

When I got into college, My friends are really into K-Pop and they are showing me some music videos of their favorite groups but it never made me stan those groups. Until one time, I was watching Descendants of the Sun and the last episode where they had to assist a girl group and they danced to their song, that made me curious about Red Velvet. After that i find myself watching their music videos, watching their funny moments, and their fancams

Honestly I'm not really into Korean Music, but Red Velvet made me listen into K-pop. They are the only group that I stan because of their quality of music. The are one, if not, the most versatile girl group in their generation and i love them so much.

26. acorongan23

acorongan23 New Member

YES!BLACKPINK AND BTS

27. makseu

makseu New Member

I am a KPOP fan since 2015 and my ultimate and first bias group is GFRIEND. Then with Gfriend I also like Seventeen, Astro, IKON, BTS, and KNK. I do like Blackpink, Twice, Redvelvet, (G)Idle, Mamamoo, SF9, Pentagon, Exo but I dont stan them. I just like their music. I also like SNSD, 2ne1, 4minute, KARA, T-ARA, Wonder Girls and Sistar.

28. kandice1

kandice1 New Member

I am not a K-Pop fanatic. I like some K-Pop Songs. However, I don't get the hype about groups like BTS. I believe they're being mass marketed and promoted in the U.S. I see them at every award show like the MTV awards or the American Music Awards. However, I don't think their music is that good to be honest. It lacks muscality.

29. Rozkov

Rozkov New Member

I used to listen to Kpop, but not that much anymore because i simply just grew out of it. that sad part is that i dont understand the lyrics, the beat just sounds nice.

30. constant32

constant32 New Member

No I am not.I dont understand Korean hahha