Are you a Laptop or Desktop person?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Fartytester21, Feb 13, 2019.

1. mohdakbar4682

mohdakbar4682 New Member

I am a laptop person because I have to go to school every day. laptop is lightweight and you can take it to different locations. I can't sit in one place all day that's why I don't like a desktop.

2. Gaiza

Gaiza New Member

I'll always be a desktop lad after building several of my own, but the convenience of being able to move with a laptop is almost worth it. Forget about playing games though , heh.

3. Makinaru

Makinaru New Member

I'm more of a laptop user because I can always bring and use my laptop anywhere I need it.

4. Seriphif

Seriphif Member

I prefer a laptop to a desktop. I haven't used a desktop in over a decade outside of the library. It feels clumsy and wrong to use a desktop now. I hate being tied down to such a bulky piece of equipment. I prefer to play games on my tablet and all other work on my laptop. I would be lost without my laptop. I love the freedom of it. I can go anywhere....even the bathroom.
    I am not a big gamer so I don't need the extra power of a desktop. In fact, I prefer the touchscreen on my tablet for gaming and if it's not compatible then I don't need to play it. I probably should use a desktop though as I have so many pages open on my laptop it shuts down from time to time. Overall for convenience and flexibility a laptop is my number one choice.

5. Babysj

Babysj New Member

Depending on what are the needs of the user, for me, I prefer Laptop for now for I can bring it with me to work or to anywhere I go. Some Laptops are built in lightweight so it's very convenient.

6. JMae372

JMae372 Member

I'd choose laptop because if I need it I can just bring it along with me, but with desktop you can only use it when you're at home.

7. Jeahan08

Jeahan08 Member

Laptop for me because I’m a outdoor person. Easy to pack with, you can use it more flexible.

8. zoemarie123

zoemarie123 New Member

I am a student so my laptop is essential because of its portability. Also I travel a lot so again I need to be able to take my computer with me and I couldn't do that with a desktop. At school though when I am working on a design or video project I do like to use the schools desktop computers. The larger screens and faster processors are definite benefits to the desktops. But my laptop wins out for me.

9. chillea

chillea New Member

I prefer a laptop because it is convenient to carry wherever I go. I need not worry if I haven’t saved my job when suddenly the power goes off because of its standby battery. I just have to use it wisely to make it last long.

10. Geofrey93

Geofrey93 Member

I am basically a laptop person. Laptops are relatively portable machines computed to Desktops, They consume less power and are readily available unlike Desktop computers that's require Power for there functionality
    y

11. kmurungu

kmurungu New Member

I've been a laptop guy ever since. Mostly because of its ease of carrying around. It allows me to do my job on the go.

12. lzr9211

lzr9211 New Member

I use a laptop. Because I think a laptop could be brought anywhere you want. When you want to use it, you could use it when it has enough energy to support you. It is not convenient to find a desktop anywhere, but a laptop could be brought anywhere. But there is a common question for both, and it is the power problem. The laptop just can support you when it has power, and desktop must be set up at a required place with power. So the laptop is just good for moving.

13. NETTE

NETTE New Member

i use both laptops and desktops but I just like laptops more for the simple fact of THEIR PORTABLE you can take them wherever you want and I personally don't like sitting in one spot for to long I want to get up and move around and sit in different places. I just find it hard sitting at a desk top all day and desktops are just a hassle cause some of then have all those wires and plug ins and with a laptop all you need pretty much the charger and internet pretty much. when is comes to quality in laptops and desktops they both work the same to me.

14. NETTE

NETTE New Member

i use both laptops and desktops but I just like laptops more for the simple fact of THEIR PORTABLE you can take them wherever you want and I personally don't like sitting in one spot for to long I want to get up and move around and sit in different places. I just find it hard sitting at a desk top all day and desktops are just a hassle cause some of then have all those wires and plug ins and with a laptop all you need pretty much the charger and internet pretty much. when is comes to quality in laptops and desktops they both work the same to me.

15. Bcaluag

Bcaluag Member

laptop because its more convenient and i can bring the laptop with me and also i can use laptop in any position i can find myself comfortable.

16. tops3cretjd123

tops3cretjd123 New Member

Honestly, It depends on what the purpose you use the device for but for me I will use laptop. Because laptop has many advantages to the desktop but first I will narrow down the disadvantage of the desktop.
    Desktop Device can't be used anywhere obvious it has many components. Desktop device also need to use keyboard mouse, and monitor. It also big and heavy so sometimes you need to change position for some reason you need to carry all the components of the device. Also sometimes the desktop computer can be noisy and disturbed the people surround you. And this is the reason I like laptop it can be carry anywhere for example if you had a work you need to do the work along the road you can use laptop because it is easy to carry. Laptop is powered by a battery so you don't always to plug it to use. And specs wise laptop is not behind by the desktop because laptop nowadays can compete to the desktop specs.

17. Georgeliner

Georgeliner Member

I like a laptop because its portable.

18. gabrielapostu

gabrielapostu Member

Laptop for portability

19. kianluis

kianluis New Member

I'm more of a laptop kind of person although they both have their pros and cons. Laptops for mobility and convenience but desktop for more intensive activities such as video editing and gaming. Everyday users can do their basic surfing and light typing on laptops that buying a desktop solely for home use might be a bit redundant. Laptops nowadays have become more powerful too, although more powerful laptop technology also means more expensive, probably a third more expensive than their desktop counterparts but that's the price you pay for the mobility and having your machine with you on the go.