Are you a victim of the selfie craze?

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by LinJane, Aug 8, 2017.

1. LinJane

LinJane New Member

The first time I took a picture of my boyfriend and myself using my digital camera and just holding it at arms length to get a snap of our smiling faces together, I overheard my daughter's boyfriend smugly report to her that her mother and partner were resorting to taking a "selfie." Well so sorry that we're not all paparazzi bait Mr. Wonderful, but since no one else was doing me the favor of taking our picture I thought that I would just do it myself and you know what? I got a far better picture than any of those that were later taken by my daughter and her non selfie taking boyfriend. Maybe because I know what I was looking for in a picture of us and set it up the way I wanted it. But after that I started to feel subconscious if ever I had the urge to snap a photo by myself of myself and wondered if others out there are feeling the stigma that has come with the selfie craze. Do you care if people think that your just vain and lonely or do you just point and shoot anyway?

2. emma25

emma25 New Member

No I don't care what people think of me but neither do I take selfies. I don't really understand the fun of taking my own photo all the time.