Are you addicted to reading your books?

Discussion in 'Books' started by Jilbih, Nov 1, 2018.

?

Are you addicted to reading your books?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. Jilbih

Jilbih New Member

No....
    When you talk about books, I am not good in that aspect.

2. rose61

rose61 New Member

Yes!I'm a book addict.I read a lot. If I don't find new books,I find myself reading old books from my bookshelf. I like reading inspirational books.They always boost my morale.I'm addicted to fiction too.

3. sydbeyer

sydbeyer New Member

I suppose in depends on how my life is going in the moment. I have the tendency to use books as a means to escape when I am at a low point, and I read a lot more when I am feeling down and out. In these points of my life I would definitely say that books become an addiction. I am addicted to the mental relief of living in a different world, and the feeling of leaving my responsibilities and worries behind. On the flip side, when I read when I am in a better place I still enjoy books just as much, but tend to focus on other activities in my life. Overall, books are a great part of my life.

4. honeylaosanchez

honeylaosanchez New Member

Yes, I am addicted. Books are one way to escape reality. In the sense that you can enter the world of the characters by reading their stories. Books that are based on real life, for example, is mind-boggling. You will cry and laugh with the character on the book. In addition, when faced with a problem, you can learn how to solve it and apply it in real life. Like if the character was trapped in the building, what did he do to survive. Lastly, it will help increase your vocabulary and improve your grammar.

5. KimmyAnne13

KimmyAnne13 New Member

Yes i'm addicted in reading books than watching a movie. Because i imagine things and i like it so much. That's so romantic and whenever in the romantic part i'm so excited to read it everytime. It's so amazing and i am so happy to read books. So so much

6. KimmyAnne13

KimmyAnne13 New Member

Yes i'm addicted in reading books than watching a movie. Because i imagine things and i like it so much. That's so romantic and whenever in the romantic part i'm so excited to read it everytime. It's so amazing and i am so happy to read books. So so much

7. KimmyAnne13

KimmyAnne13 New Member

8. Femyper

Femyper New Member

No, I am not addicted in reading books. I only read books when needed.

9. mariskien

mariskien New Member

Usually i'm really on in reading in books especially comic book and novels cause this kind of book gives me inspiration and fun in my lonely hours .. :)

10. conimj

conimj New Member

Yes! Im super addicted to books, especially novels and true crime (non fiction). Reading takes my mind away from everyday problems

11. Neya

Neya New Member

Yes, I'am addicted to reading my books. The main part of the addiction is the feel and scent of the paper. I think the journey of reading a book starts with feeling it, enjoy it with all the five senses before reading it, just like a beautiful woman. I don't understand how people can live without experience the joy of touching and reading a book.

12. Misterme

Misterme New Member

I used to love reading books as a young adult but now in the days of the internet i rarely do .I have decided now to make more of an effort and read a book once a week , this question has inspired me .Thnaks Jordan Durante

13. ThatNerdDuck

ThatNerdDuck New Member

Completely addicted. I cannot fathom a day passing without reading a book. I read 1-2 books on my days off and 3-4 books overall per week. I really like going back to books I haven't read in a while and seeing if I remember it the same as I first read it.

I also buy new books and chance I get. I have more books than I do space to put them!