Beauty or brain?

Discussion in 'Books' started by Cessnavie, Apr 28, 2018.

?

What is important, beauty or brain?

1. Beauty

33 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Brain

263 vote(s)
    88.9%
  1. ValerieAnn

ValerieAnn New Member

I think being brainy makes someone beautiful

2. Ariel312

Ariel312 New Member

Beauty might create a good first impression but wit and intelligence are the resources that leave lasting impressions on a human being. Good looks can sustain an individual only for a short interval, as with the passing of time, beauty can fade away but intelligence always remains as an asset throughout a person's life. The prejudice that beauty can generate is, quite often than not, broken by the reality of the existence of personality and intelligence in an individual. Possessing a smart brain helps one navigate through life's difficult circumstances whereas beauty can only remain as a temporary advantage that assists a person in a few settings in their life. Therefore, beauty might be a fleeting superiority that one can have over others in society, but it is always the brains that will maintain the superiority in every situation.

3. maricrisleddaverano

maricrisleddaverano New Member

For me it is important to be brainy rather than being beautiful. If you mean beautiful face or physical appearance, beauty is not forever and it fades as time goes by. But if you are smart and intelligent, you will be confident on yourself. And I believe that confidence is the key to being beautiful. Because you will be confident enough to carry yourself, and this is how you can enhance your beauty. Also a kind and loving heart will make you beautiful and that is the most important of all.

4. simplyannmaureen

simplyannmaureen New Member

In my profession, I can honestly say that Beauty wouldn't matter. A much better comparison would be a good attitude or brains. In the work perspective (finance), brains coupled with a good working attitude could carry you further than beauty. In a romantic relationship perspective, beauty would definitely get you a lot of men but not necessary the right man. Beauty can get you the attention but it's the personality and brains that would keep the right man. While true friends would stick with you regardless of physical appearances.

5. jay ghansah

jay ghansah New Member

As my opinion beauty is just a surface of an ordinary person. And with the brain of a person is so important than someone who is has the worlds beautiful face. And someone who has beauty and has not brain is useless person.

6. Jomari-QyEG

Jomari-QyEG Member

You need brain for innovations in any work. There are numerous advantages of a sharp brain that we all know. To sum it up, beauty or rather personality and brain, both goes hand in hand. Without the quality of attracting, your sharp mind is useless and without an active brain your show off is waste.

7. abstractizm

abstractizm New Member

I choose none. What attracts me to a girl is her soul and spirit, then comes beauty and brain in the end. If a girl is soulful, I wouldn't care so much about her looks and her brain. It kinda turns me on the most, on a spiritual level.

8. allebischoff

allebischoff New Member

You could be the most beautiful person in the world, but if you have an ugly heart, it's not going to do anything for your looks. I think a person's heart is what matters most.

9. matzdefgo

matzdefgo New Member

I always give preference to beauty of a person. I am very particular about this particular trait of a person. All my friends are beautiful. There is a slight difference in my understanding of beauty i don't consider a person beautiful by going through external appearance. Beauty is in the mind and heart, beautiful is the soul. All my close ones are beautiful and brainy. A person can't be beautiful unless they have brain in heart and soul.

10. lessurmitch

lessurmitch Member

Brain first before beauty. Simple as that! You can even be more beautiful if you have brain, you know? I am more into brain than beauty because I know someone who can prove that to everybody. Actually, she's a Filipina dermatologist who once bullied because of her ugly feature, she was born ugly during her childhood. But she proved to everybody and fight from all the criticism she once experienced, and used her intelligence that made her beautiful lady. The intelligence of how she can make people beautiful as she shared to each and everyone the important of being not just beautiful but brainy. Loving the way how she inspires many people.

11. lyryhs

lyryhs New Member

Nowadays, without the quality of attracting, your sharp mind is useless. Some companies are hiring attractive applicants, it depends on the job. But first impression does matter. Physical beauty is a natural gift. If you have the brain try to enhance your beauty. Beauty or rather personality and brain, goes hand and hand.

12. jeffzod

jeffzod New Member

I value the brain over beauty.Intelligence lasts for a very long time and it can be preserved.Beauty on the flip-side fades very fast and can not be preserved.

13. whlven

whlven New Member

I would definitely go for brain. It is true that first impressions play a significant role on how a person is perceived to be. More often than not, those who are gifted with beautiful physique (coca cola shaped body for ladies and muscular body for men), angelic face, long silky hair and smooth porcelain skin tend to be more favored. In shorter terms having a beautiful face definitely gives an edge to this word full of subjective people. Little did we know that this so call beauty will eventually fade in time? Having the brains on the other hand will enable a person to use the intelligence to improve oneself. Yes, he or she may not be gifted physically, but the intellect can be used to enhance and further improve oneself. Take for example the new innovations in the beauty industry. Look how lots of people especially actors are undergoing plastic surgery. Who would have thought that lasers can help cure pimples and pimple marks, or taking glutathione to help lighten skin, or micro blading just to have the semi- permanent eye brows. Thousands of new innovations are now enjoyed by millions of people nowadays. All because of the gift of intellect of some chosen individuals to study, research and harness all available resources that t have to continue to improve our lives and more importantly, ourselves.

In the end, we all have one destination - from dust to dust.

14. LenaCaldijo

LenaCaldijo New Member

Brain! Having knowledge on things can make you enhance your natural beauty!

15. kthrn

kthrn New Member

what is beauty without brain we usually say.. For me it is very important to have both but if i have to choose one it would be to have a bright mind"Brains".. because if you think very well in life like making decisions in your own, what to do in living.. you can use your brain to be one of the most successful people in your time. i believe being beautiful is always there"to have a good heart is already a beautiful thing..Beauty is only skin deep one day, your skin will grow old but your mind will never do.

16. zerancaleb

zerancaleb New Member

It's brain on me over beauty! Every human posses beauty its either inside out, but not every one was blessed with functional brain. You can't survive in this world just for beauty face but being an intellectual you can create great things that makes you awesome for different ways. If you are copious with knowledge you are entitled to bear for development for different aspect like education, globalization , advancement in technology of beautification and Health. So being beautiful is not a problem anymore as long we have advancement that brought by our brainy developer.

17. Allyn2017

Allyn2017 New Member

Brain is better than beauty because I think it is more important to have knowledge, than having a pretty face. Intelligence can make a person success even if that person is not beautiful. However, if you are beautiful but dumb, it is hard for you to became successful without doing something dirty. Beauty fades through time while intelligence stays with you until you die. If you are someone who is really intelligent, you can inspire people, you'll be able to educate yourself about the world and, intelligence is a beauty too, an internal beauty. Lastly, physical beauty will fade through time, while intelligence will stay until you die.

18. shaoshao1083

shaoshao1083 New Member

I choose the brain because beauty fades. Beauty without the brain is an empty beauty. As you grow old beauty is not noticeable or important anymore but the brain gives you the intellect and knowledge acquired throughout the years. It gives you the importance and enables you to share your knowledge to others. Though brain dwindles as you age but the stored knowledge and learning from experiences over the years will always be there.

19. watermints

watermints New Member

Brain 100% of the time. Even if the person you are having a conversation with has the most beautiful face that you have ever seen in your life, the true beauty is in the mind of the speaker. After some time, even the ugliest human being can become the most beautiful person in your heart. Soon their pyshical appearance fades away and the only that is left is their true selves.

20. ansitech

ansitech New Member

I really like people with beauty as first impression counts and if he or she is beautiful it really attracts our eyes and conversation will be auspicious.

21. JaVen

JaVen New Member

I would always choose a brain over beauty. Beauty may attract men but a brain also do catches attention, like beauty it is noticeable. In beauty there's captivation but a brain can give inspirations. Beauty is passing but a mind filled with wisdom will always be bountiful. That's why we need to invest more in the inside rather than the outside.

22. drsushil3300

drsushil3300 New Member

Brain is the first view, beauty cannot be ignored..
    Well working brain has beauty always assured....

23. stephanopoly

stephanopoly New Member

I pick brain. An ugly personality can make an attractive person become ugly.

24. bertoregaspi

bertoregaspi New Member

In a few decades, having natural beauty will be a rare thing because of advances in technology and all the things we can do to our face and body. Brain upgrades and transplants are still far out there, maybe another centuy. So brains for me...... for now.

25. tintintin24

tintintin24 New Member

It is much better to have the brains, at least you can have a brilliant idea using your brain on how you would look beautiful. What are you going to do to your beauty if you dont have the brains. It is not always the physical appearance that people look onto.

26. macatangay

macatangay New Member

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder so look to the mirror with a smile and confident because everyone is beautiful and smart in their own way just like what Gardner's multiple intelligence theory propose. He said that everyone has its own strength in terms of being smart.

27. menchuuy58

menchuuy58 New Member

I choose brain over beauty. I believe knowledge and wisdom are more important and necessary than beauty. Just like in the Miss Universe pageant, the judges scrutinize and see through the brains of the last groups of beautiful ladies who undergo the Q and A. The one with the wittiest brain usually gets the crown. Wit and wisdom serve as the last and crucial deciding factor.

The Bible also gives more importance to brain than physical beauty. It says in Proverbs 30: 31, "Charm is deceptive and beauty is fleeting..." It fades and degenerates. It is just skin deep. However, "Do not forsake wisdom, and she will protect you; love her and she will watch over you. Wisdom is supreme, therefore get wisdom. Though it cost all you have, get understanding. Esteem her, and she will exalt you; embrace her, and she will honor you..' (Proverbs 4:6-8)

28. ValerieAnn

ValerieAnn New Member

I choose brain over beauty. Your intelligence can make you beautiful and attractive in some ways and can make you famous too. But I believe in this saying " no matter how beautiful or intelligent you are but it you don't have good manners it is all useless".

29. abowman51

abowman51 New Member

I'd rather be so smart that I can create a machine which makes me beautiful. A little Steve Urkel turns into Stephan.

30. Kyaseyn

Kyaseyn New Member

In our generation, both are used as a tool to make money. But, brain is more important and useful. Things get rough if one doesn't have a brain. In addition, it is needed in every profession unlike in acting or being an artist that only sometimes needs beauty.