Benefits of Coffee vs Tea

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Gurucharan, May 8, 2017.

?

What is your favourite?

1. Coffee

1 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. Tea

8 vote(s)
    88.9%
  1. Gurucharan

Gurucharan New Member

[​IMG]

A Cup of Coffee in the morning is perk you up. However Tea can be best complementary in Stressful situations. I have described here some of factors of tea & coffee.

Taste
    Taste is the first factor comes to our mind while hearing the word coffee or tea. Even though there are variety of coffee flavors available to boost up the taste of coffee like espresso, cappuccino, Café latte, frappe, iced coffee. Same as there are endless variety of tea green, white, black, oolong, etc. Facts shows coffee is more acidic than tea.

Energy

Coffee boosts twice the amount of caffeine as tea. But coffee also affects our energy levels a bit differently. Because coffee is best first thing in the morning but is not a good choice if you are stressed in work at night, tea can boosts up you at this situation. So for quick boost up coffee is the best choice & to stay alert tea the right choice.

Sleep Quality
    Both coffee & tea are great if you have it in a limited absorption. Grabbing that extra tea or coffee in the afternoon is tempting. Just be careful. Cutting yourself off at least six or seven hours before your bedtime is a good call.

Physical Benefits
    Scientific reports shows coffee can Lowers the risk of type 2 diabetes, Protects the liver. A massive meta-analysis of 18 different studies found that each cup of coffee consumed was associated with a seven percent reduction in the likelihood of developing diabetes. At the other end tea Lowers the risk of certain cancers, Improved insulin sensitivity, and decreases the risk of heart disease.

Mental Benefits
    Scientists haven’t been able to develop a cure for Alzheimer’s, a neurodegenerative disease and the leading cause of dementia. But a healthy Paleo lifestyle, along with some coffee, can help. A lot more research says tea potentially protects against neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s.

zayedshek likes this.
  2. Jon90

Jon90 New Member

Great post, Gurucharan.
    I like the energy boost from tea more, which seems to be "cleaner". The energy boost I get form coffee often comes with jitters, but I don't get it from tea. Tea has an added benefit of containing L-theanine, an amino acid found in tea plants. It promotes relaxation and helps reduce any jitters you get.

Gurucharan likes this.
  3. zayedshek

zayedshek New Member

Coffee and Tea contain caffeine, which keeps our nerves fresh.
    But if this caffeine becomes too high then the damage to the body is damaged.

4. freeze

freeze New Member

I love the aroma of coffee but that's about it. I will choose tea due to its mild caffeine content. There is always a tendency to get addicted to caffeine which may have adverse effects on the health.

5. If you are a coffee drinker, however, you may find it advantageous to buy unground toasted coffee instead of the ground, packaged variety. When possible, it is best to have the coffee beans ground in your presence. In this way you can be sure of fresher coffee and there is less chance that you will be cheated through mixing of other ingredients with the coffee—ingredients such as sand, corn, beans, peanuts or blood, to mention but a few.
    A simple test of the purity of ground coffee is to throw a dash of the coffeegrounds on top of a cup of water. If the coffee is pure, the grounds will float, since they absorb water very slowly. If the coffee contains foreign matter, the grounds will absorb water rapidly and sink to the bottom of the cup.If properly protected, toasted coffee keeps from ten to twenty days without losing its flavor. But when exposed to the air, whether toasted or untoasted, it will lose its aroma, flavor and color. Humidity will give it a musty odor. For these reasons coffee should be kept in a dry place and in tightly closed containers.

Coffee, tea and cola drinks contain caffeine, the stimulating effect of which usually does not culminate until between two and four hours after you have consumed the drink. Even cocoa is somewhat stimulating. Some persons cannot drink such stimulants as coffee or tea after four o’clock in the afternoon if they want a good night’s sleep.

6. belleamau

belleamau New Member

Tea, for me, is healthier than coffee. I am more of a tea person now than a coffee person. I read a lot of benefits it can give to my body. Especially if it is a green tea, I am obsessed to it. I cannot end my day without having a cup or two. At my age, my metabolism starts to slow. As a result, I keep on getting fat. Green tea helps in boosting your metabolism. It can also make your skin healthier and glowing. The green tea extract can heal acne and other skin problems. It is very helpful during my red days as I get too many bumps in my face during those days. My counters are always full of green tea bags. I hoard green tea products over the market too. I so love it.

7. Airra

Airra New Member

I will choose tea over coffee. First because it is more healthier although it depends on the ingredient used in coffee and tea. Generally speaking, tea has more health benefits compared to coffee. It can help to boost your metabolism and prevents indigestion. It can also help to clean detoxify our body while coffee can cause high blood pressure. It all depends on the ingredients that were used to make those products.

8. 0strich0377

0strich0377 New Member

I'm a coffee lover, so definitely there is a benefit from coffee in my own opinion. Addiction to coffee they may call it, but at least that is a legal way of being addict.

9. reubensausal

reubensausal New Member

While green tea is most commonly associated with antioxidants, white tea actually contains more. Coffee also contains antioxidants, but in a much lower concentration than white tea Based on caffeine levels, tea might be better if you like drinking your beverages in large quantities.