Best magazines to start writing for?

Discussion in 'Magazine Article Writing' started by Daydreamradio, Jun 10, 2017.

1. Daydreamradio

Daydreamradio New Member

I've been writing online content for a while now and I'd like to get started with print. Are there any magazines you would or wouldn't recommend writing for? An explaination as to why would be awesome as well. Thanks so much.

Shivani Bhise likes this.
  2. Shivani Bhise

Shivani Bhise New Member

I like to write for websites like listverse they pay about 100$ per article. However, their author's guide is very daunting for beginners. There are many other websites like listverse that pay about 5$ per article.

3. freebird37

freebird37 New Member

I haven't actually written for a magazine yet but it is definitely on my list of things to do shortly. I was browsing around a few days ago for magazines who accept submissions on a regular basis and I found one called "The Olive Tree", they accept submissions continually. They ask that you write about olive oil in about any form. They especially like articles on the mediterranean diet and the use of olives and olive oils in them. I just thought that would be a great place to start because it is easily researchable and you can write many articles about olives and olive oil and recipes that call for them. You can talk about the health benefits of olive oil over other oils. The possibilities are many. If I remember correctly they pay at least $50 an article. I plan on submitting an article in the near future to see how it goes.

4. KeyCats

KeyCats New Member

I would love to be able to submit some articles for magazines. I have written many things for blogs in similar formats to magazines so it's something that defiantly seems doable. I've sorta checked out list verse before but I haven't seen many other ones that sound similar. That other post about submitting articles for olive oil sounds intriguing. I am interested in writing for some of the cooking websites out there because I love to cook and would love to share my experiences in the kitchen.

5. raddpojk

raddpojk New Member

Interesting thread. I would like to write for some Magazines as well, but i am guessing the competition is quite fearce! :) I want to write for a site called Textbroker but i canĀ“t. I do not have a U.S. citizenship. :(

6. Gratiano

Gratiano Member

Outstanding!!! Thanks for the information!!!

7. antonmia

antonmia New Member

Yeah me too. I like to be paid to write in magazines and get some appreciation for what my mind is thinking. But alas its a no, I just don't have the chops and wit to be one of you guys but I'm hoping this doesn't discourage anyone who really has the passion to write. I'm just saying that if you want something in life such as printing your own magazine and people will say no to you all the time, it only just means you haven't talked to the right people yet.

8. antonmia01

antonmia01 New Member

Always start with a magazine you are interested to read. It will make you want to be a published writer even more. Plus write something what your mind can actually relate because once you are clueless of what you are doing, it's downhill from there. Just keep pursuing it and keep trying even if you are rejected plenty of times. The more you try, the higher chances that you will land a perfect job for you. It's better to select and select and then later choose. Hope that you do well okay. Go get 'em girl.