Best places to read?

Discussion in 'Books' started by ryankhamlet, Jun 4, 2017.

1. el2727

el2727 New Member

the place where is comfortable to read like my room no distraction at all..very silent it is nice to quality time

2. Ms. gemma17

Ms. gemma17 New Member

I love sitting at the beach, studying, or anywhere really, I read on my iPad and my iPhone, beach is really appealing to me and so is in the sand, defends on my moods, love sitting outside when the weather is nice. Love sitting there on summer days and reading with a mug of tea or coffee so i can have a nice view , while I read. Those are some of the best reading days. I like being lost in a crowd.

3. jerrold

jerrold Member

Me i like to read in a beach area it makes me relax have a fresh air and wide view.
    But i do to read in the place of the beach which is there is no people around.

4. Reading a book is my favorite past time and whenever I have nothing to do then I will just get a book and I'll read wherever I am. Once I have a book in hand and started reading it, I have entirely cross another world and where I am at that same moment and the people I am with are totally gone. But nowadays I have lesser time to read books because of my eyesight problem. Nevertheless I am still enjoying a quick read once or thrice a week with my book " A bend in the road " , by Nicholas Sparks.

5. Dark_Light

Dark_Light New Member

The best place to read is wherever and whenever the reader feels being comfortable. But for me, I am comfortable reading at parks and open fields such as football field and garden. I usually read in my room but I never read while I'm lying on my bed. I also prefer to read inside our house when I'm alone. One of the best place to read is inside the library specially for those readers who easily feel irritated when they hear a noise because it easily distracts them from reading and we all know that the number 1 rule inside the library is to maintain silence. So the best place to read is based upon the reader wherever they really feel comfortable to read because there are kinds of readers who really love to read even they are on a noisy place. But usually most of the readers love to read where they feel at peace. Reading in the place with no distractions keep us in enjoying what we read and it removes our stress.

6. Jeanclaude Gaddahfi

Jeanclaude Gaddahfi New Member

It is a truth universally acknowledged that a person in possession of a good book must be in want of a place to read. I'm the type who dislike destruction and noise therefore my ideal place to read should be a very quiet and a cool place. I am not a fun of public library or park. I prefer to lock myself up in the room and read my stuffs. I don't like to sleep or lay on bed, I may sleep off. So occasionally or very often I sit in the chair with a table to read mostly when I want to fully retain what I'm reading into my memory.

7. diazvac

diazvac Member

Reading a book is my form of relaxation so I would prefer reading it in the place that is peaceful and quiet. I like to do it usually in the mountain part of our place and I usually do it under the tree. I miss doing it for a long time now.

8. Todo123

Todo123 Member

The Best Places to Read

In Front of the Fireplace
    So while for some of us it may be shiny-happy-people-holding-hands kind of weather, for others it’s still darn cold, and there’s an immense comfort to be taken in reading in front of a crackling fire, as long as you keep your books well away from the licking flames.

Cozy Cafe
    Tea, coffee, pastries, some light pop-rock… Your local indie cafe most likely has all of these and more. Some franchises of big chains even have little free libraries that you can peruse if you forgot to bring your tablet, book, or newspaper with you (which, if you’re a reader, is farfetched, but it’s nice to have options).

9. aditya8485

aditya8485 Member

best place to read is to find a place where there is no noise whether it is outside or inside the house.

10. iansilvino18

iansilvino18 Member

Trains have given me some of my best reading experiences. There's something about the rhythm of the rails that suspends time and concentrates my mind. I used to be a travel journalist and, in 1985, was given one of the world's best assignments — to go by train from Hong Kong to Berlin, taking the Trans-Mongolian and Trans-Siberian railways. It was on the train from Irkutsk to Moscow that I read war and peace.

11. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

In my room or at the park is a cool place to read a book.

12. Ameyjing29

Ameyjing29 New Member

A good place to read, somewhere you can concentrate with what you are reading. I suggest places like the library, except for being a quite place, there are lots of books to read there. Inside your room, sometimes, we want a place to read where we can be alone, and I recommend you reading at your room. You can also read to places which makes you comfortable.

13. yograj

yograj Member

The best place to read a soft copy of your favorite book (in your smart phone) is all those places where you are leisurely.
    This is because, when you are leisure, you can focus well on the content and can pay your entire energy to digest it.
    Further, reading in this way, you never bother about the surroundings. Such places are numerous: A cafe, a salon, a shop, a bus stop, or even a toilet!

14. cozhart

cozhart New Member

I'd be lying if I told you the best place to read is at some expensive place somewhere far from home. The thing is most people think that cafes are the best if you're looking for a place to read because they offer a lot of services and it seems decent and quiet enough to clear your mind. Unfortunately, not all cafes have this trait at all. For me, at home and at a library is the best place to read not only because it is quiet but at the same time you no longer have to spend your money on food and drinks (most cafes do require you to buy their products first). I usually read at home and at night because it is the most peaceful time of the day. On the other hand, I take my time at a local library during the day if I have the time.

15. Mia09

Mia09 Member

I love to read books at a quiet place where my mind are at peace while reading. And my imagination while reading are working.

16. thusi123qw

thusi123qw Member

Well actually you can read anywhere you like.But if ou want to get into real reading a book or a novel.I suggest a couch near a fireplace or an evening on a bench along a river bank.And if you are a reader at night,try dim the lights and having a side lamp or a bedside lamp and reading on bad.
    I personally like to read before I go to sleep because I like the thought trapped in my head,when I sleep I'll be thinking of the story I read,so there are many places but you can find the best place,by trying to read in a clam place.

17. git531

git531 Member

The best place for me to read a book is on my Study table with the table light on.

18. A good place to read an interesting book for me is my room. Its quite and I can concentrate in my reading.

19. emax2000

emax2000 Member

My best place for many years has been right under my tree in my backyard.

20. Fujiekun

Fujiekun New Member

Nothing beats reading at home with lots junk food

21. Pauaprint77

Pauaprint77 New Member

I like to be in a comfortable place when reading a book.
    My first choice is the deck chair with lots of cushions on a nice day. I love non-fiction books with lots of good photography.
    My second choice in on the couch on a cold day with the fire going and rug.
    There is nothing better than a good book to pass the time away.
    I have taken books to the beach before but I usually find the sun is too bright to read the pages or the sand goes everywhere and there are too many distractions.
    I think being comfortable is the may think when reading a book, along with good lighting.

22. Peachywriter

Peachywriter New Member

Some of the places I enjoy reading are as follows:

1. Bed
    2. Desk
    3. Chair
    4. Outside

It depends on the weather for the "outside" reading as you do not want to read a book in the rain, for example, and have it get wet and ruined. When I am in the mood to read for fun, I will often use chairs or the bedroom for a more comfortable environment. If I am reading for research or to provide critical evidence, I tend to write at my desk where I have more room to write notes as well as reading the actual book.

I greatly enjoy reading and prefer to provide myself as many reading areas as I can and effectively adapt to what I am reading.

23. jeda30

jeda30 Member

Reading is my hobby so I always use my spare time to read books. I don't really mind the places where I love to read as long as I can focus with what I read.

24. ruthc

ruthc New Member

the best place for me to read a book is at the beach with relaxing venue, claim less people passing by. You can focus and easily to understand the book topics.

25. cesstravels09

cesstravels09 New Member

Honestly.. Inside my room. But i appreciate nature - near the river or seaside where it is quite and only few people (or just alone) It is easy for me to understand what i am reading if I'm alone - there are instances that if i like a sentence or even the paragraph i tend to repeat it over and over. But nothing beats a quite and refreshing place to read something nice.

26. I prefer to read under the tree in a quiet and peaceful place.

27. Chaiya

Chaiya Member

A good place to read a book is a place you find solace in. A place where you know you will be able to absorb the content, where you will be pulled inside the book, the stories, characters and depth.
    Usually in my case -- I go to where the nature is, it raises your vibrations and helps your mind focus and concentrate on what you are reading. If I'm inside my house, I read inside my room, alone, either light up an incense or light up essential oil, I also put background music with the likes of jazz or classical music to heighten my reading ability. Anywhere that will not distract you and bring you peace is a good place.

28. Mikejanis

Mikejanis New Member

A good place to read fir me is a quiet places near rivers and forest, and i think its comfortable to me.

29. jaepeels

jaepeels New Member

I usually read inside my bedroom, where the bed is cozy and you have a privacy of your own. I'm a very expressive reader: I laugh when I read something funny and exclaim when there's something surprising. Cafes are good reading spots, too. They're warm and serene, and you can order your favorite drinks. What more can you ask for than a cup of hot chocolate and a good book by your side?

30. ewapc101

ewapc101 Active Member

Parks are great for reading. We have a little pocket park right outside our building with benches, daffodils (in spring), and a statue of a very handsome doughboy, a World War I memorial. I think parks and poetry go well together, and the doughboy makes me feel I should read Siegfried Sassoon or Wilfred Owen.