Best places to read?

Discussion in 'Books' started by ryankhamlet, Jun 4, 2017.

1. ewapc101

ewapc101 Active Member

A chair by a roaring fire. I know it's a cliché, but the crackling sound and the warmth are wonderful accompaniments to reading. And the fire acts as a kind of hourglass — you can put on another log and dive into another chapter or read until the fire goes out. Roaring fires make me want to reach for hefty books of historical fiction, books like As Meat Loves Salt by Maria McCann or Hilary Mantel's Wolf Hall.

2. caylablayla

caylablayla New Member

To me it really is all about what book I am reading. If it's non-fiction or I'm trying to learn something, I prefer a quiet environment. If I'm reading something in the horror genre, I need it be a rainy day and I'm curled up with a blanket and a cup of tea. Fantasy or Science fiction can be read anywhere as I tend to get so wrapped up in these that I don't hear what's going on around me anyway. Poetry needs to be read outside, I'm not sure why, I just know that's the case for me.

3. Teambits

Teambits New Member

I love reading books in a cool quiet place free from any distraction.

4. carbs16

carbs16 Member

One of the best places to read is in our own home, especially in our bedrooms. The quiet and the most comfortable spot where we can have a peace of mind. Having a peace of mind is the best when we are reading because it helps to fully understant the context and the meaning.

5. devincci

devincci Member

For me, under the tree is the best way to read books. Under the tree you can acquire fresh air and quiet place it is also bring more comfortable to read books. In some place, you will not be able to concentrate in what you are reading and it may be distraction to what you're reading.

6. pintado2001

pintado2001 New Member

It depends on what I'm reading. If it is horror or suspense, I would like to be inside my room. I easily get spooked. My room is my fortress in this instance.

If it is fantasy, nature inspired books, outside with lots of fresh air gets me in the mood.

Coffees is for young adults books.

7. Wolfiend

Wolfiend Member

For me it's either one's bedroom or at a library (it makes me more intellectual and I like the rush of it.) Yeah it sounds stupid, I know.

8. blackstarter7

blackstarter7 New Member

Anywhere, really, as long as people aren't trying to talk to me! I'm more comfortable at home in a quieter environment than say a cafe or something because it's just easier to focus.

9. dobusinesswithclb

dobusinesswithclb New Member

The best places for me to read a book would be a cool, well-lighted, quiet place. It could be my room or any coffee shop without too many people. In all actuality I know anyone who is obsess in books could read anywhere and be fine with it. The most important is we read the next chapter!

10. stokes845120

stokes845120 New Member

11. Treveez

Treveez Member

• The Beach.
    • In Front of the Fireplace.
    • Cozy Cafe.
    • Cozy Bar (Yes, Bar!)
    • Public Transport.
    • Window Seat.
    • Reading Nook.
    • Library.

12. peterpaulo

peterpaulo New Member

The best place for me to read a book I think probably is in the beach. Why? Because the peaceful environment was given plus the natural air for breathing. And also the sunlight so that you could see letters clearly while you are reading.

13. elliethegypsy

elliethegypsy Member

I read everywhere. Public transportation (while listening to music), park, library, restaurant and bookstore some of the best places I know to read. And of course, on my couch while sipping coffee or bedroom when I'm still not going to sleep. There's always a place for reading and it'll always up to you where are you comfortable to read.

14. yuelepsilon

yuelepsilon New Member

Any quiet place free of distraction is always a good place for me to read but personally I prefer the quiet confines of my room as many people would prefer. We can sit or lay around without minding anyone else like library, park or any other public places. It is also well established that most of us regard our room as a place to retire after a long day of work or of any sort.

15. Daisy13

Daisy13 New Member

For me the best place to read is on a quiet and private place especially when I am reading a sad story sometimes I can't stop my feelings and sometimes I cry so I don't want that someone see me crying because I'm shy if they said that I am so Overacting to cry on the story I read and also to avoid from other people noise and to distract me so that I can focus on a story I read and understand well.

16. iamhai

iamhai New Member

I like to read my books in the coffee shop. I like the ambiance and the smell of coffee in the coffee shop.

17. Jflower

Jflower New Member

I love reading in two favorite places of my house, my bedroom and family room.

18. Teambits

Teambits New Member

I love to read my books in three places that is my bedroom,the library and under a tree in a cool quiet environment.This helps in improving my concentration span and also absorbing what I have read easily.

19. Lhits

Lhits Member

quite place or maybe at the tree

20. ohevit

ohevit Member

I can read anywhere as long as I have my focus. Of course, the best place to read is where you are close to Nature, either you are along the beach, under a tree, near a mountain, or on a mountaintop overlooking a lake or sea. But for me, I would be more distracted, because I would be more attracted to the splashing of the waves, the chirping of the birds, the swaying of the leaves and the flowers.

So, at times, I just prefer to stay within the comforts of my room and pore over the pages of a book, especially if the story is a mystery. I can shut off the world at my own will if there need be.

21. vanessadespe

vanessadespe New Member

For me my imagination builds when the I am reading in quiet and a place with green surroundings.