Best Weight Loss Method? What Has Worked for You?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by Joline86, Jul 6, 2011.

1. AnneNoir

AnneNoir New Member

Since i was a child i have been chubby and going through adolescence i became more aware of my body. i realized that i am not happy with my body, i realized that i can't wear the things i wanted to wear because it doesn't fit and suit on me, i realized that i want to be more confident with my body.

After realizing these things i started to search on how to lose weight , i read some articles magazine, watch videos on YouTube on how to have a healthy lifestyle and lose weight and i even bought some books and spent some money because i badly want to lose weight. Doing these things i learned a lot.

I tried the military diet which is the first ever diet that i have tried but it was hard so it didn't work for me. i tried it because i want fast results. I went to a doctor and tried a weight loss program, i lost 5 kg in 2 weeks but i stopped because it was expensive. Then, i tried Korean idols diet because i admire their Slim body and i want to achieve that so i search for it but it was hard i was just starving my self. after trying so many weight loss method i learned a lesson that "there's nothing great that comes easy" i heard this from a YouTube video that i watched. After that i search about being healthy. I search about foods and exercises. So i combined eating right and exercising then i started to lose weight slowly.

2. marcbarredo13

marcbarredo13 Member

The best way to lose fats is through dietary changes and high intensity interval training. High intensity interval training boosts your metabolism for up to 48 hours which means you lose body fats eventhough you are sleeping or sitting. In terms of diet, focus on protein based and fat based diets and also low card diets. If you will eat carbs, make sure to burn it out immediately of eat carbs before training sessions.

3. aycee21

aycee21 New Member

I'm currently trying out Intermittent Fasting. intermittent fasting is a type of diet where you eat within a specific period of time, and you fast the rest of the time. The benefits of intermittent fastinginclude losing weight, protection against disease, improved memory, and lower cholesterol. I'm trying the 16:8 fasting and so far so good I'm losing weight and I feel very light. I still eat all kinds of food but during my fasting hours, I only drink water.

4. armybod

armybod New Member

Hands down the most remarkable weight loss results I have ever had came from diet and not exercise. I, like most people, was listening to the general advice of eat low fat food, drink skimmed milk or fruit juice and keep animal fat, eggs etc. to a minimum. This was not working, I was feeling bloated and getting fat, I had to exercise for an hour a day, five or six times a week just to maintain…not lose weight just stay the same!

Then I came across Dr. Eric Berg on YouTube, he introduced me to the Low Carb High Fat (LCHF) diet. The general premise is that if you don’t give your body carbohydrates (especially the bad carbohydrates in processed food) to use as a fuel source it starts to use fat as fuel instead of sugar/glucose.

After a year of following this lifestyle I lost six inches from my waist, with no increase to my exercise regime. After two years I have maintained my ideal weight and reduced my exercise plan to only visiting the gym two or three times a week for forty minutes maximum.

You are what you eat!

5. catherineacorda

catherineacorda New Member

Eating healthy shouldn’t be temporary. Diets are often viewed as things people go on and off of, but real, long-term change happens when you learn to eat whole, nutrient-dense foods in the right portions. Master how to fuel your body the right way so you can lose weight without feeling deprived.

6. Aum

Aum New Member

Personally, diet is way better then exercise when trying to lose weight. This is because it is extremely hard trying to burn even 100 calories. You need to do at least an hour of intense cardio to even burn 100 calories. Even then, the way that the body gets these "calories" is through glucose as the activity you just did was high intensity and probably anaerobic. Glycogen is stored in the muscles meaning little, if not zero, fat was burned. Meanwhile, I think that diet is guaranteed to lose weight but not guaranteed lost FAT. Therefore, I think that you should try intermittent fasting as the lack of insulin during the fasting period means that the body uses fat as a fuel. Also, growth hormone increases meaning that your muscle mass is left ok and also, there are formulated programs for athletes to use intermittent fasting to lose fat and gain muscle called 'leangains'