Blocking Someone On Facebook

Discussion in 'Internet' started by Warren1967, Apr 9, 2019.

1. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

What is your reason for blocking someone on Facebook?

2. jemsameya26

jemsameya26 New Member

For me, I do block those sending unnecessary pictures and videos. Those who are not my friend anymore.

3. Chepie

Chepie New Member

For me, blocking someone on facebook means removing toxic people from your feed. I usually block people if I do not like what they post or their posts are irrelevant or offensive. It is not bad after all. It was just how you deal with people on social media.

4. Treveez

Treveez Member

I just block
    If you don't like me tell me and I go block you
    Easy as that I can watch you how To block someone in your blocking settings:

1. Click at the top right of Facebook and choose Settings.
    2. Go to the left side of Facebook and click Blocking.
    3. Click Blocking in the left side menu.
    4. Enter the name of the person you want to block and click Block.

5. RitaT

RitaT New Member

The reason to block someone is to unfriend somebody from my network, I don't want to be anny friends with them annymore. Or if somebody did something trying to hurt me and is not worth my attention.

6. vincedprince

vincedprince Member

One of the greatest features about Facebook, it's Blocking, I blocked 86 friends cause I got tired of their feeds , really not a big fan of Facebook , too much self whoring & it's bad for your state of mind . I prefer talking to people face to face in real life .

7. ColeenIris28

ColeenIris28 New Member

I can only be honest as to why I have decided to block people.

1. Ex-boyfriend| On both sides, to stop myself from living in the past and checking on them; to disallow them from further communication so they can move on.
    2. Pervert| Being a woman sometimes I get some pretty sleazy advances.
    3. Malicious Intent| I'm a woman who tells it as it is so some cannot handle that. I have people set up fake profiles just to discredit my posts or attempt to manipulate the reach they receive.
    Anyone who needs to threaten you with removing their attention or affection is just manipulating you. Them wanting to block you is better for your well being long term.

Take it as a blessing and move on.

8. aditya8485

aditya8485 Member

The feature of blocking someone on facebook is very necessary as we can get rid of people who annoy and trouble us on the Facebook platform.Otherwise it would be disgusting to get irritated even on social media platforms.so yes, it is important to have that facility on facebook

9. myDive8

myDive8 New Member

i have learned that, when you blocked someone, they wont be able to see things you post on your profile, tag you in posts, comments, photos, invite you to events or groups, start a conversation with you, or add you as a friend. if you block someone you're friends with, facebook will unfriend them aswell. i have tried it with my EX. :laugh:

10. kroark95

kroark95 New Member

I'm usually very, very hesitant to block anyone on any social media, mostly because I'm too nice for my own good and don't want to upset anyone... I have done it a few times, though. I'm pushed to do it when the person in question won't leave me alone, despite my attempts to be polite about the situation. I've done it with an ex-friend with who I had an explosive falling-out; I've done it with people that tried to take things a little too far (the situation was with fictional characters but still grossly uncomfortable overall). So it's like a last resort for me, but I'll still do it if I have to.

11. AngKool27

AngKool27 Member

annoying person and those scammers.

12. IreneJay

IreneJay New Member

It's better to blocked toxic people on Facebook.

13. yetyet

yetyet Member

I blocked certain people on Facebook because they are:
    1. Scammers
    2. Annoying
    3. Haters
    4. Backstabbers
    5. Love to share hatred and negativity
    6. Hackers
    7. I don't know them personally
    Yes, I only have few friends on Facebook, its because for me social media are made to socialize not made to throw cursed words and negativities in this world. Let's just take good care of one another, our world has been through a lot with hatred. We should stop throwing hatred towards on another, we should use our social media specifically Facebook in a good way. Hopefully

14. Rexway4

Rexway4 Member

I block people on face-book because of so many reason sometime.
    Sometime my friends will post photo that I don't like and I will have no other alternative than to block the user.

Blocking people on facebook is never a new thing but the blocking need to be done base on their activity, if you see that their activity is not good enough then the only option you need is to ensure you block them for further interaction.

15. Rexway4

Rexway4 Member

You are very correct about what you are saying to be precise, there is no way you can block someone on facebook if the person dose not violenting one or two rules on facebook.

How can you block someone without any reason? I have so many friends and I don't bother myself blocking them but if my friends see that what am posting or my activity seems to be not too good enough he or she have the right to block me and if I see that what they post or their activity seems to be not good enough then I also have the right to block them from monitoring or seing my update.

Social network is not for one person the decission on what to do in your facebook account has nothing to do with anybody so you really need patience and observe what they are doing and their activity before blocking them so slow in decission making regarding the blocking process.

16. VinceI

VinceI New Member

The only reason I block someone or somebody from facebook is because they are sending me a lot of spam messages.

17. watsonse

watsonse Member

You don't need a reason to block someone on any social media. If you want to report someone, then you need evidence and rationale for that. But anyone who tries to guilt or attack you for blocking someone is out of line.

18. A1serb

A1serb New Member

I think the majority of people that are getting blocked on Facebook are users that send spam messages , possible creeps or a ex boyfriend / girlfriend.

19. JanetL

JanetL Member

You can not just block people on facebook if they dosn't offend you or carried out activity that irritate you. I block someone on facebook when they post content that look irresponsible ,
    if you suspect that their activity dosn't worth it you have no other option than to block the person.

Some of them are fruad-star they post many items on your wall demanding for your crdedit card information, such user get re-moved from my friends list to avoid been a victim.

20. jar1997

jar1997 New Member

I block people on Facebook to give myself some peace of mind. People that I have blocked are usually toxic ones such as my enemies and those who keep on sending, sharing, and spreading hate. Just by doing it, I am able to save myself from the stress and hurt that these types of people bring. I also block those people who are dangerous such as scammers, hackers, and fraudsters to protect my privacy and security. I personally think blocking someone is not bad but rather, a useful tool that protects your overall well-being.

21. Dijwar

Dijwar Member

I won't block anyone on Facebook except of annoying people, If someone annoy me I will him/her be carefull if they do the same things After that I can block them.