Blogging tips?

Discussion in 'Website Management & Blogging' started by Pusya, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Pusya

Pusya New Member

Hi!
    I recently made a blog about finances and investments, I even shared it among my friends on FaceBook (around 500), but no one decided to join it.

Long story short, I even submitted a proof of my income with my investment websites, but the blog just doesn't catch their eye.

Can you suggest a trick for me to have a stable audience of followers?

2. beermoneyhunter

beermoneyhunter New Member

You should choose a subject to discuss that you are very enthusiastic about and can happily write about for hours. Writing with self belief and enthusiasm will provide your words authority and credence, your readers will respond to this. additionally, write like you're talking to one individual. If you write as though you're addressing the entire room, that one individual sitting and reading your work wont feel personally linked. If you write with consciousness, as though you're chatting to a pal about your preferred topic, they'll feel as though they alone are being addressed and could be absorbed to your writing.

3. kattsallie

kattsallie New Member

You shared your blog which is great, but did you ask or invite anyone to join it, at least look at it? Of these 500 people, are any of them close friends? If so, I would ask those friends and family to at least read it, even critique it. When people are asked to help, regardless of the situation, they will help. Is the topic or language about your topic for the average audience? Some topics people steer away from especially if they do not understand it, or are intimidated by it. And money and finances is a subject that people hate or love. The rich do not need your blog, the poor do not believe that this subject relates to them-- your target audience would be the middle class. Again, ask for input and ask for help. Finally you must find out what this middle class wants or needs.

4. Jersy

Jersy New Member

In my opinion you do blog that you want or your passion because if you like what you are doing you will enjoy and the people will join to your blogs

5. mandla2018

mandla2018 New Member

I think that you should keep trying to grow your blog and try setting up and Instagram Accountant centered around getting rich and investing. This will drive traffic to your blog.
    If you have some money to spend you could do targeted ads and also that's the problem your Facebook friends are probably not your target audience. I suggest sitting down and finding an exact audience. Maybe it could be anyone who wants to lean how to invest or it can be targeted at Millennial's who want to retire early, because its a hot topic I suggest you do some research on that.

So in summary:
    1. Create a Instagram Account or Facebook page to drive traffic.
    2. TARGET AUDIENCE, you need to target people who want to invest and they are probably not your Facebook friends.
    3. Be patient as these things do take time to get going.

6. LiaPalasin26

LiaPalasin26 New Member

Blogging can look easy, but there is so much competition that it is becoming difficult to succeed in professional blogging. But do not be discouraged by the increasing competition. You can make a successful career by being creative and unique. Like any other career, blogging also requires resolve, positive attitude, and hard work.

I'am a content writer for 3 years and blogging is a really got way to earn some cash, but remember if you are going to make it as a full time profession you should be able to right it correctly and much more unique than the others.

Here are some tips that might help you out to make your blog stand out.

Know your target audience

If you want to have a group of dedicated audience, the key is to identify your target audience clearly. The audience should be set in the very beginning. The content of the blog should be according to the users. The interest of audience will be peaked with the relevant content. You can promote the blog quickly if the content is focused. You can use a variety of criteria to define the target market. You can use different demographics such as age, education, hobbies, religion, special interests, etc. Focusing the marketing efforts online will help you stand out from the competition and increase the interest of users as well.
    You can use a variety of criteria to define the target market. You can use different demographics such as age, education, hobbies, religion, special interests, etc. Focusing the marketing efforts online will help you stand out from the competition and increase the interest of users as well.

Putting a unique twist on blog content

It is not possible to find an idea that is unique. Instead of wasting your energy in trying to come up with a distinct topic you should focus on putting an innovating twist to the topic that you choose. There will be other blogs on the same subject as yours but try to incorporate your individuality into the blog. It is the best way of developing a unique reputation for your blog. You can add exclusive information, latest facts, your opinions and perspectives in your blog entries to make them stand out from other blogs of the same topic.

It is important to be aware of how other bloggers are presenting their content. Knowing their style will help in developing a unique style. Stay up to date with the substance of your competition. Also, make sure that you are aware of the latest trends in blogging as well. Focus on developing content which is not readily available on other blogs or websites. The more innovation you bring to your content, the more the followers you will have.

Updating the content regularly

Adding new content on a regular basis will help in developing a steady audience. All the new entries should focus on a target audience. Staying on topic is critical for success. You should develop a good understanding of your users. Adjust the content according to the followers once you understand their needs. Always try to maintain the posting schedule. Try to keep a realistic posting schedule, one you can easily manage.

The daily articles, posts, and opinion pieces shared on the web are so many that they are overwhelming. It is the ability to stay ahead of the trends in the industry that can help blogs achieve loyal visitors. Whatever is the topic of your blog, make sure that you are always aware of the latest developments in that field. Try to be among the first to spread the latest news. Do not let the content of your blog become stale and outdated if you want to retain your visitors.

Benefits of multifaceted approach

To get hundreds of thousands of followers, you need to have an ongoing promotion. You can even make use of paid advertising. You can depend on the mainstream media to get publicity and recognition for your blog.

A multifaceted approach is beneficial because it allows you to reach a wider audience. As the blog grows, the initial idea that it was based upon also evolves, and you get so many different opportunities. Instead of ignoring the possibilities, try to adopt a multifaceted approach and incorporate them into your evolving idea.

Professional blog design

Conveying a professional image is essential for getting followers. Regardless of the subject matter of the blog, always put up a professional face with the help of your content and design. To make your blog look professional, you should always avoid using a background that is distracting. The focus should be on the content, so make sure that it always stands out.

Choose the colors of the blog very carefully. Avoid using too many fonts. It is better to choose one and also refrain from using a variety of font sizes and random colors. Make sure that the content pages and sections are clearly labeled so that users can navigate through the blog easily. Consistency in the design of the blog is the key to a professional look. Make sure the content is easy to read and comprehend. Proofread the work carefully before publishing so that there are no errors.

7. Noel Angeles

Noel Angeles Active Member

You should tap investment related Facebook groups and pages. It's where you should get traffic from. Do Target marleting, ask yourself who would be interested in the topics you're writing. Then try to find them and funnel them to your blogsite. Also it's best to create a shadow site of your blog in Facebook.

1 person likes this.
  8. bgordon

bgordon New Member

The best advice I can give would be to keep promoting your blog. Consistency is the key to any successful influencer. As long as you keep promoting and being transparent about your credential, you will gain a following. Unfortunately, the beginning can be discouraging. I would also suggest reaching out for bloggers that you admire for advice. They may even give you a shout out.

9. Remziel

Remziel Member

Just be who you are and don't forget to smile always even if you're not facing the camera. Blogging will also serves as your private account that you can post anything that you want to post, especially the ones that can express your feelings or emotions at that time. My sister is also a blogger on youtube so I know how she hardworked it to gain many subscribers and many contents on her Youtube channel.

10. aski

aski New Member

Since blogging is such a collaborative community, have you tried reaching out to other bloggers? A lot of people make the mistake of seeing blogging as a zero-sum game, where you can only "win" if your competition loses. However, there is a large audience out there and so much of your success depends on reputation. As a result, taking steps like inviting established bloggers to write guest posts on your blog, offering to write guest posts on their site, and interacting authentically with others' published content through re-blogging, sharing and commenting with useful contributions can help you establish your personal brand as a person with something worthwhile to contribute. Similarly, adding links to content your readers may find useful (and asking other bloggers to link to your content in return) can improve your visibility and improve your standings in search results since one factor Google uses to determine a page's value is how often it's linked to from other sources.

11. luklinder31

luklinder31 New Member

I started blogs about three years ago and realized how difficult it is to grow an audience and earn money. I would suggest trying all social media guides like Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter and Facebook. You can also try video blogging on youtube. One another thing you could try is using buffer to auto post when you blog

12. ted23

ted23 New Member

I agree with Noel Angeles, you should do more targeted marketing. Sharing your blog with your friends and family is a good start, but that doesn't mean any of them are interested in what you're writing.

Look on Facebook Insights and maybe create an ad or two that focuses on people that have already engaged with personal finance and investment pages. You know more about the topic than I do so really focus in on who you're trying to reach.

Also as others have said, you should also make sure that you're staying consistent with your posting schedule and that you are creating engaging content. Good luck to you.

13. Leonard7

Leonard7 New Member

I agree with your tips @LiaPalasin26 Thank you for your opinion especially the one that you mentioned that bloggers should incorporate multifaceted approach into their evolving ideas, that's wise because a greater audience appreciates a blog with this criteria.
    A blogger should also start growing his/her presence in social media. Whether one likes it or not, social media is the new SEO as many of us know by now. Sites like Facebook, Twitter, Google+ etc are boosting blog traffic incredibly lately and building connections with influencers.
    Bloggers should also master the art of email outreach and strategies -by making a diligent mail-list to outreach their traffic. They should also update themselves with new information, start events/webinars, and never giving up since blogging require hardwork and commitment in order to succeed which sometimes gets hard for part-time bloggers.

14. Juls29

Juls29 New Member

This is really the most ideal type of income because it can provide you and your family with freedom. This is most often recurring passive income streams that you can enjoy. This type of money happens without your personal involvement. It is scale-able.

Meaning that you can earn money without exchanging time for money at the moment. Some examples would include Google Adsense (or any paid for clicks campaign), membership sites, selling advertisement space, affiliate marketing sales, and even ebook sales.

15. sem29

sem29 New Member

This is really the most ideal type of income because it can provide you and your family with freedom. This is most often recurring passive income streams that you can enjoy. This type of money happens without your personal involvement. It is scale-able.

Meaning that you can earn money without exchanging time for money at the moment. Some examples would include Google Adsense (or any paid for clicks campaign), membership sites, selling advertisement space, affiliate marketing sales, and even ebook sales.

16. sem29

sem29 New Member