Blogging without selling and getting traffic

Discussion in 'Writing for Blogs' started by Davidforumpr86, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Davidforumpr86

Davidforumpr86 New Member

Hello,

So, I just started this blog on law and politics. I like writing about those topics. It is really enjoyable and I feel I have a lot to say.

However, I've been researching about promoting blogs. Things like paid ads on google, twitter and other methods keep showing up. However, almost everything I see is catered to blogs that sell products. It could be the person creates something and sells it or they are affiliate marketers.

But I am neither of those. It is a simple blog about information and the only payment I getting is from google adsense.

So, my question is, what can you recommend for a blogger that doesn't sell anything and wants to get more traffic? Specifically, is it worth paying for ads and publicity?

I am putting a link to my blog just in case it helps answering my question. http://aboricuaattorneyinnewengland.com/

2. simonborne

simonborne New Member

its fortunate that you write blogs for passion , not for money. Most of the persons i see are trying to start blogging to earn some money from the blog. Though paid traffics are major for a blogging platform non paid trafiics can also be accumulated.

here are some ways.

1. try to follow the persons in Twitter who are interested in your blog subject. if possible comment with your blog address.

2. In facebook join the groups which are related to your blog. then you can easily write something in the blogs along with your blog address.

3. in other blogs which are same subjects of your blogs try to comment and write something valuable. as a result they will also follow you and you get traffic.