Book recommendation ?

Discussion in 'Books' started by Zirizir, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Zirizir

Zirizir New Member

Please suggest me any good young adult books to read. I can read any book from any genre as long as the content is good.

2. WilliamFowler

WilliamFowler New Member

I will always recommend The Kite Runner. This novel broke my heart in all of the best ways. It follows a refugee story and peppers it in with family dynamics and almost Shakespearean tragedy at times. Do yourself the favor: get this book and read it. Only book to have ever made me cry.

3. quercitron

quercitron Member

Hoping it would go with your favourite genre, I could recommend "The devil inside" by Jenna Black. It's about an exorcist, namely Morgan Kingsley. It is somehow set in a world where there exist a legal human possession and illegal human possession. It's a really thrilling book and I find myself reading it over and over again whenever I get the chance.

1 person likes this.
  4. LLONA

LLONA New Member

A Beautiful Dark series by Jocelyn Davies
    Daughter of Smoke and Bone by Laini Taylor

5. LLONA

LLONA New Member

Also, there are books that entertain, books that inform, books that speak to the brain, the mind, the intellect and the emotions.

6. 1martini

1martini New Member

Starship Troopers is a classic, especially because it's a cross between two genres. There are the obvious elements of Sci-Fi, and some very deep philosophical thought.

7. younglungu

younglungu Member

GAME OF THRONES

8. clairebalubal

clairebalubal Member

The Red Pyramid by Rick Riordan. It is about Egyptian gods and magicians. For me it is a good fiction book and worth reading. I am a fan of Rick Riordan and I suggest that you can also read his other books.

9. subhan456f

subhan456f Member

1. Goodreads. Goodreads is more than a book recommendation site; it's also an online community of book reviews and ratings. ...
    2. LibraryThing. LibraryThing has been around for a long time. ...
    3. Bookish. Bookish has one of the most attractive of the platforms. ...
    4. Shelfari. ...
    5. Amazon. ...
    6. BookBub. ...
    7. Olmenta. ...
    8. Whichbook.

10. jpvelascooo

jpvelascooo Member

I am very picky when it comes to books. Books according to me are a timely escape from the real world, real problems and a good book with good story and a beautiful style of writing adds dimensions to your one dimensional life. It takes you to fascinating worlds probably the ones you knew never existed. So I am going to tell you about my very first book and my absolute favourite. THE DA VINCI CODE. You may have heard how great this book is. But to experience the greatness is something else. It is written by a renowned author DAN BROWN and is said to be his one of the best works yet.

This book is a scientific fictional book with a crazy fictional story with well proven facts to give it substance. The best part about this book or any of the Dan brown books is the time slot. Each story is on a time slot of hours and you yourself feel the clock ticking inside your head. This book gives you well proven facts about a different world which I never knew about and would have never known. So it actually makes you think about the other world and makes you google every factual reference because you do not want to leave one loose end. It gives you the perfect protagonist, the perfect female lead, the most perfect villain and over all the craziest story. Dan brown’s artistic way of writing makes you want for more.

[​IMG]

11. Norton

Norton New Member

I recommend book from Somerset Maugham The narrow corner because it is about weirdos and the way that there mind works and imagine all of them in the same adventure-very interesting and "smart" book!

12. Iamlucky111

Iamlucky111 Member

The power of your subconscious mind... This is the best book i ever read. This book will change the way you think about anything.. This book reveals us how to prayer effectively for maniefast anything we want in life..

13. leogem123

leogem123 New Member

Just try to read this book "The Brief History of Time" this was amazing by: Stephen Hawking. I loved this book because, I feel the universe.

14. JTibIV

JTibIV New Member

I recommend, all the bright places. It revolves around mental illness, discrimination, and how good support groups can help someone in his/hers battle with mental illness. It is a book by Jennifer Niven. It’s on hell rollercoaster of a ride, and there’s a lot of interesting metaphors to savour on along the way.