Book/s that you’ll never get tired of reading

Discussion in 'Books' started by thirstythoughts, Feb 20, 2019.

Tags:
  1. thirstythoughts

thirstythoughts New Member

Books that you re-read a lot or your go to book.

2. gobbledygook

gobbledygook Member

I don't have any favorite book in particular though I lean more on the fantasy/adventure side. I'd probably say that the book that I'd never get tired of reading is the Harry Potter series. When it was first released, I didn't believe the hype. I just started reading it after I had watched the movie. I became a fan after that. I've already read the whole series twice and I'm planning on reading it again.

1 person likes this.
  3. akemi38

akemi38 New Member

For me, Everyday by David Levithan. I just got hooked up with this book because of the plot and how well done the characters are. The main character is does not have a specific gender and it's a bit promising. But I didn't quite like the movie adaptation

4. yssachwan

yssachwan Member

The best book I've read is Howl's Moving Castle. The movie adaptation from Studio Ghibli is fantastic! Although the main point of view is different, the concept is basically the same. It's all about loving yourself and being confident on everything that you do. In life you'll encounter a lot of hardships and you'll realize the only thing weighing you down is actually yourself.

5. AshCo

AshCo New Member

I'll never get tired of re-reading the Harry Potter series. It is my favorite series, and has been for many years now. I'm a fully grown adult, and I didn't even "grow up" with the series as it came out when I was around the age of 18. I just happened to really love the books, and each time I read them I fall in love all over again. I've even found a new love of reading them on my Kindle because with the Paperwhite you can tap words to get definitions, and I've found a lot of hidden gems in some of the words used for spells or potions etc. Even a hidden insult when Professor Trelawny calls Firenze "Dobbin" which turns out to be a draft horse. Since we know centaurs in the series hate being thought of as horses, she's not only refusing to call him by his name, but choosing a name that is especially insulting to replace it with. It's a genius series and I will continue to re-read it any time I get bored and want to spend some time away from the muggles that are getting me down.

6. morenodiazbnj

morenodiazbnj New Member

For me, not to brag but i like reading books that can enhance my grammar, because as an English major student, I want to improve my grammar as a learner of foreign language and we have lots of them at our university library. But, if I will be asked about a fiction book I will never get tired of reading, it is the "Read Pyramid" by Rick Riordian, I like the story especially the protagonists named Saddy and Carter.

7. lindymae1

lindymae1 New Member

I've never get tired of reading any book because I really want to discover new exciting and adventures books. But my favorite book as of the moment is To all the boys I've loved before written by Jenny Han , I really love this book/s the lines are exceptional.

8. mmsveloso07

mmsveloso07 New Member

I am a fan of science, invention and history, and all these topics are combined in the book A Short History of Nearly Everything by Bill Bryson. It will catch your attention from the very beginning and end it with a bang of humor. You'll definitely love it if you're into science with all its complexities, if I must say, because it is geared towards the layman without removing the subject's essence and adding some fun at that.

I remember that Bryson criticized another book, Noble Obsession (about Charles Goodyear) and I had the book by chance. Bryson led me to Noble Obsession and this is the reason why I'll never get tired of reading it.

You should check it out! If you do, you'll probably read it again.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2019
  9. Charliechuck

Charliechuck New Member

I really like to read fifty shade trilogy again and again. I know its erotic and sensual but for me fifty shades is something dramatic and romantic. Everytime i've read it, i am always hook to the characters.

10. Iamlucky111

Iamlucky111 Member

"The Secret" book by Rhonda Byrne
    It is based on the belief of the law of attraction, which claims that thoughts can a person's change person's life directly.
    I don't even remember how many times i have read this book and keep doing it.

11. Darlene170

Darlene170 New Member

I never tire of reading the Clan of the Cave Bear series by Jean M. Auel. I was introduced to the book my freshman year in high school. I was immediately transported back in time, to a time where man lived off the land, and he had to roam to find shelter, food and a place to settle. It is the story of a little girl brought up by a tribe, no a different type of human...the Clan..no spoken language, hand gestures and grunts and a seemingly primitive way of living. She was taken in by them although not welcomed by all as she learned to adapt to the hard life they lived, as different from them as she could possibly be, she found a way to live and learn from them under the harsh circumstances of the elements, predators and learning to hunt. It follows the young girl's journey from childhood ro adult. All the while chronicling her growth, her life, her family and the family she discovered and created on her own. There are many books in the series and I await the arrival of each new book with excitement for the next chapter in her life.

12. xPrxnce

xPrxnce New Member

the books which are my go-to books or the books which I read the most are the harry potter series, the hunger games, the divergent series, the percy jackson series, goosebumps, even though I outgrew them, they are still one of my favourite books

13. Anj1018

Anj1018 Member

I'll never get tired of reading Tuesdays with Morrie. It has a lot of lessons and makes me feel something. Sadness, happiness, gratitude. It's also a plus that it's a true story. People should read this, it will make you realize things about life and relationships.