Books to read or not??

Discussion in 'Books' started by Khushantt, Feb 18, 2020.

?

Will you prefer an online mode or an offline mode of getting knowledge

1. Yes

2. No

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Khushantt

Khushantt New Member

In this todays world we are surrounded by lots and lots of online gadgets where offline mode of knowledge is given less importance.
    But according to me book were, are and will be the main source of knowledge for all of us.

1 person likes this.
  2. abirahamed21

abirahamed21 New Member

3. Lhoraynn

Lhoraynn New Member

I think it is still essential to read books because since there are a lot of knowledge from the internet, it is easy to create false information. We should always check if the websites we gather information are from credible sources. Books are always great for cross referencing. Sometimes it is more accurate in the books than the internet. In may be in long text format but surely you'll learn something

4. Niloy0

Niloy0 Member

Hello, I think reading books is very important, because reading books increases people's knowledge, so the more books you have to read, the more books you read.

5. Pinkness

Pinkness Member

Books are used for many reasons like: studying, entertainment, religious purposes and many more. It's improve our memory, strengthens our writing abilities, enhances our imagination, etc. They have taught us so much.

6. Judeobhen

Judeobhen New Member

I think it is still essential to read books because since there are a lot of knowledge from the internet, it is easy to create false information. We should always check if the websites we gather information are from credible sources. Books are always great for cross referencing. Sometimes it is more accurate in the books than the internet. In may be in long text format but surely you'll learn something

7. Judeobhen

Judeobhen New Member

I think it is still essential to read books because since there are a lot of knowledge from the internet, it is easy to create false information. We should always check if the websites we gather information are from credible sources. Books are always great for cross referencing. Sometimes it is more accurate in the books than the internet. In may be in long text format but surely you'll learn something.

8. hancat

hancat New Member

For references, books are still better than the internet. Books are being reviewed before they published. Not all author gets published, too. Only those who are credible or have good works so somehow you can be sure of the quality.

Internet is more volatile and its contents are not always being reviewed. Some sites can also be edited by anyone.

9. Joaaan

Joaaan New Member

Hardcopy of books are great but we're also very lucky with the internet. We can read whatever we want when we want to.

10. Hypermichael

Hypermichael New Member

It true books will always be the main source of knowledge, but online knowledge is suitable in today's world since have great advantages like wideness, it connects you to similar topic worldwide in just a push of a button, so you gain a lot in just few seconds.

11. zsaramaribianca

zsaramaribianca New Member

Books are ESSENTIAL if you want to be an overall better person. I remember a high school classmate telling me how she suddenly became an honor student the year she started reading. That inspired me to start reading. I didn't get smarter, no, but I became more aware of my surroundings and I became more sensitive and empathetic. Reading is not an isolated hobby; when you read, you learn and when you learn, you understand. There are things in life I wouldn't have understood if i didn't read the books I read.