Can a free blog make you money?

Discussion in 'Website Management & Blogging' started by Dmariere, May 1, 2019.

1. Dmariere

Dmariere New Member

I think money can be made with a free blog depending on what you're offering. I use a free blog and I've made some money with it. You just have to know how to package your service or product

2. LexMontanaro

LexMontanaro New Member

I'd say eventually and depending on how you're looking to monetise it. You want to use it so that people can see your work and you can find any good jobs in the future? Or so that people openly visit you and you can gain ad-revenue and maybe sell some merchandise.

I've seen success on both ends and both require a lot of work and time, I think it's better to do a mix of both so that you do not depend entirely on the work that others could give you in the future. It's better to have some form of insurance in that case in my opinion.

3. guitarbro88

guitarbro88 New Member

I learn this the hard way when I was starting. I paid for some top-notch hosting but was not able to develop the site and write for the blog because of ready money from freelance work. Eventually, I learn some stuff throughout the years on how to use not just paid-hosting blog, but also free blogs as well as other platforms.