Can music change you?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Litt, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Litt

Litt New Member

I've heard of people saying that music has changed them. How is this possible? Has music changed you? If yes in what ways?

2. Occultess

Occultess New Member

I would say that yes, music is able to change you since this had happened to me personally.

I had a period of a few year of depression that felt impossible to pass. Instrumental and sad music in general helped me calm my thoughts and slowly I was able to pass all the hard moments. Sometimes sad music can help you cope with whatever is happening in your life.

3. Lorey99

Lorey99 New Member

It does, but the effects are short term, example listening to gospel music on Sunday does not necessarily mean that I am saved, but in that moment I am listening,it makes me get that feeling that I am saved or rather want to be "saved".

4. Rontet

Rontet New Member

For me, music is a way that I get used to the many things and events that I experience in my life. It changes me in many respects, as in times of sadness, songs make me happy. When I was hurt in love, music also comforted me to ease the pain. There are also songs that help me make the whole day feel better. Music can be a part of our lives, it also testifies to all the events of our life from childhood to adulthood.

5. Larormie

Larormie New Member

Music is my escape, especially if I can relate to a song a lot. I like listening and making my own music. I used to bottle up my feelings instead of showing them or telling them to someone because I don't want them to worry. So instead, I use music as a way to tell everyone and get these feelings off my chest.

6. Shadzwrite

Shadzwrite New Member

There’s a bit of truth to it. Perhaps ‘change’ is too harsh of a word but music definitely influences you. People say you are what you eat. I say you are what you listen to.
    If you are heavily into music like myself, what you feed yourself on a daily basis can certainly influence your mood or as I refer to it, your frequency.
    Music has the ability to calm you or get you hyped. To console ,to help you grieve or to lift your spirits. It subconsciously affects your thought process, your outlook and possibly the way you see the world. So I’ll say definitely. Music has the ability to change you, if you let it anyway ...

7. PrincessOfHeavens

PrincessOfHeavens New Member

Definitely. Music can change ones perspective in life. The moment you try to listen new sets of music, your life is changed forever. I used to listen to some nonsense music before. Not really that I don't understand the lyrics. It was just not the type of music for my every mood. I listened just for the sake of listening before. But now I listen with my ears along with my heart open. I worship Jesus through music. Worship and just singing is different. There is a strong connection. A connection towards the unseen but is deeply felt by the heart. That's why I realized music changed me. It was a one time scenario when I got to hear a worship song with an deep lyrics that spoke my heart out and voila, my life continued worshiping the living God.

8. grafitzki

grafitzki New Member

It did change me in many ways.
    Listening to metal, for example, made me more confident, and classical music made me able to concentrate more.
    It can also be meaningful lyrics of specific songs that really make you think, calm you down, make you nostalgic and make you realize all sorts of things, which is why I feel like music is so important.

9. VinceI

VinceI New Member

Yes, I think music is the way of some of us to escape from the real world, including me. For example, you are heartbroken, one way you can easily move on is by the use of music. Music can heal our soul for the wickedness of this world.

10. Badman001

Badman001 New Member

Yes , it's true that's music is the powerfully weapon that may change your mood instantly.
    I tried it on myself and I see the great results on me . Generally I lissen music when I feel some tired

11. Zurcyan

Zurcyan Member

I'm a sing song writer, before when I was young, I sit beside the radio pretending to write the songs I'm listening to. When I grew up I tried writing a song but I was laugh at and someone told me the reason that my song was terrible was because I've never experience being heart broken before. By the time I got my first heart break I remember that comment from someone who laugh at my songs, But I told my self what's the use of having a great song if you are crying and hurting inside. Still I try to write one song 'cause while I'm crying I kept on seeing my guitar, it's seems like calling me at that moment. After that I recorded my song and when I'm about to throw the written song on the trash bin while walking to the bin I tried listening to the recorded audio, and suddenly that song sounded so amazing! I can't believe I wrote that song and I was the one singing it. It felt like it was a studio recorded song. It became my very first masterpiece. Now I'm a professional singer songwriter. Blessed to have music in my life.

12. bnnyjhnn

bnnyjhnn Member

Nope. For me, music can speak for myself if I can't put my emotions and thoughts into words. They can accompany me in a way that if I don't have any one to lean on, they will listen to my sorrows well and can also fit me into the mood.

13. StephWhis

StephWhis Member

I don't necessarily know about it changing you. I think it can give you a deeper understanding of yourself, and maybe that changes how you act a bit -- but I don't think music in of itself can change you. If that were the case, it would be happening left and right and everyone would be wondering what in the world is going on. But, yeah I think that's probably the best way to explain why some people might feel this way.