Can Music heal Depression And Anxiety?

Discussion in 'Everything Else' started by SUPER, Jul 11, 2017.

1. SUPER

SUPER New Member

Actually in some cases it has helped in curing the depression and Anxiety but its not same for all of us as we all are different and have different tastes and habits. A Music lover can heal its depression and anxiety with the help of music but not all. But there are surely some other ways to cure depression as well and they are far better then the medicines and pills. Morning walk is one such thing and Yoga helps a lot as well.

2. nicolespost

nicolespost New Member

I think of music as a powerful entity, it truly motivates mind, body and soul. Younger generations may not understand that there was a time when there was not all these songs constantly playing on every radio and TV channel. Granted, before my time, like during my parents era I guess they just had jingles.

On a daily basis while I am reading or at the computer and I overhear the TV, I am constantly asking myself what are they watching? The music is so diverse and its short but distinct and constant because it is threaded throughout a lot of programming. Viewers hear it on the show or game they're watching and then throughout the commercials.....it is always there!!

Some people like to say they can't be influenced but they just don't realize it is very few people that are unaffected by music. Music leaves an imprint, that is why they attach songs to so many things, and in a way it can heal depression and anxiety. In a way it can cause depression and anxiety.

3. rightman

rightman New Member

There is this popular saying that Music is food to the soul. Music that connect to your kind of person can actually uplift and lighten up your heavy heart when you are down and psychologically add color to your day and situation. This might work for someone but might not work for another. Different strokes for different folks.

4. Roselyn

Roselyn Member

Yes of couse, whenever I'm depressed the next thing is to grab my phone and play music especially the one I played often. By so doing i will forget all my worries and move ahead with life. Though, for some people they believed that music is not the way out of depression based on their own opinion.

5. Farah99

Farah99 New Member

From my point of view I agree that music can cure depression and anxiety. Personally I can not stop listening to music either in my work or at home. I listen to all kinds of music and taste certain kinds of music.
    My best relaxation time is when I get back from work and relax to hear music accompanied by a cup of coffee or a cup of tea. I confirm that morning music is different from evening music and the music I hear and I am happy, is different from what I hear in times of sour mood. I also confirm that today music therapy has become a speciality taught at the National Conservatory of Music for its great importance in leaving positive effects on anxiety and depression. The music that is free from the hustle and harmony with nature is best for those who suffer from different pressures or a state of tension and anxiety.

6. ruso

ruso New Member

Actually, it is a super remedy and therapy for depression and anxiety if your personality is naturally inclined to music. It is soothing to the soul and uplifting to the depressed spirit. Music as we all know it is food to the soul. One who is a natural lover of music will easily and readily find it therapeutic in his or her times of depression and anxiety. I personally find it remedial.

7. Incredibleauthor

Incredibleauthor New Member

Music wоrkѕ only іf thе person іѕ mоtіvаtеd bеfоrе. Aссоrdіng tо a recent rеѕеаrсh реорlе who lасk ѕеlf-соnfіdеnсе fеlt wоrѕе аbоut thеmѕеlvеѕ whеn they rереаtеd ѕеlf-соnfіdеnсе аffіrmаtіоnѕ whіlе соnfіdеnt реорlе felt better whеn thеу dіd thе same!!
    Listening tо mоtіvаtіng songs can rеѕult in mоtіvаtіng уоu оnlу іf уоu wеrе mоtіvаtеd. Trу tо lіѕtеn tо a mоtіvаtіng ѕоng while уоu are соmрlеtеlу dерrеѕѕеd аnd уоu wіll find оut thаt іt wіll nеvеr wоrk.
    The mаіn reason thіѕ hарреnѕ is thаt unless thе external іnрut mаtсhеѕ уоur іntеrnаl beliefs іt won’t hаvе аnу еffесt оn уоu. Thе ѕаmе goes for affirmations, whеn you rереаt a truе ѕtаtеmеnt оr the оnе that іѕ bеlіеvаblе bу уоur ѕubсоnѕсіоuѕ mіnd thеn іt wіll hаvе a positive еffесt.
    Hоwеvеr, іf you rереаt a statement thаt goes аgаіnѕt the beliefs of уоur subconscious mіnd then it wоn’t wоrk аnd іt mіght еvеn brіng уоu thе орроѕіtе results.
    Thіnk оf уоur ѕubсоnѕсіоuѕ mіnd аѕ a friend of уоurѕ whо is intelligent enough tо rеаlіzе thе tіmеѕ уоu lіе tо hіm. If you tеll him thе truth hе wіll believe уоu but іf уоu tеll hіm аnуthіng else hе won’t bеlіеvе іt.

8. moorebe

moorebe New Member

People who are natural listeners to good music will find it a real healing process for their depression and anxiety. Good music that communicates to your mind is really good therapy for anxiety and depression. Yes music can heal depression and anxiety.