Can music help to relieve heartache?

Discussion in 'Music' started by map8813, Mar 27, 2019.

1. map8813

map8813 Member

Can music help to relieve heartache?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. JaniceA

JaniceA Member

Music cannot relieve heartache but it lessen the pain. Some people used to listen to sad songs when they going through something, this is their way to release what they felt inside. It makes them cry and by listening to music they may feel calm and lighter. This is one way to cope the heartache they are experiencing at the moment.

3. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

Well it helps eases the pain until you get some medicine. Music can help you relax but is also better if you have some medication for the pain. Having headaches is really difficult especially when you're stressed out. Anything that would help ease it should be used. If it persists, consult a doctor so that you know what to do.

4. Anjin

Anjin Member

It helps you get through with the heartache. It's like a companion while struggling with all the pain especially when you lost someone you love so much. Heartache is never easy, it sometimes gets harder each day but with music, you have the outlet for your feelings.

5. klynne18

klynne18 New Member

Yes, music can relieved heartache. Base on my experienced, when I was on that situation it really helped me a lot to conquer the feelings i had then. Listening to music ease the pain, at the same time entertains me. There are different kinds of music that can bring positive vibes in your situation, so it can lead your mind into positive sides, positive things that you can think rather than having a heartache.

1 person likes this.
  6. baby123

baby123 New Member

when we are going through heartache and you dont have even one friend to listen to you, we tent to turn to music. Me, most of the time do that. Sometimes, it depresses me but often helped me overcome what im feeling...it helps, I must say.

7. Wins

Wins New Member

First of all, i will tell you a little bit about myself. I am a musician for almost 14 years. We create a variety of music base on how we feel towards the subject to create that elements of emotion and to pass that message to our listener. But the question is are they really going to feel good about it or not? 1. I think this is depends on how they deeply understand the message of the music so that they can use it as a defense mechanism. 2. If you are a heartbroken and you're listening to a very sad music it will trigger your're depression that sometimes will lead you to an unethical behavior. 3. Sometimes listening to "not so sad music" instead, can be an outlet for the pain inside of you. Talk to your loyal friends, and families that you fully trust is a good outlet of the pain also. And better to take some reliever, focused on your aim, and to your career. No one else will carry that burden for you and you alone can overcome it and once you overcome it, eventually you will be more witty and indestructible and always remember that being strong is our only choice. Always wait for the time, because time will heal all.

8. Doraymon17

Doraymon17 New Member

i think it depends on the person, if its the first time he/she experienced heartache it maybe it will help, some music does help relieve some of the pain when you add in time and friends to talk about your feelings. Heartache is never easy especially if you invested more than the person you loved, go out with your friends, have fun, do something you have never done before, talk about it with your family and friends and most of all move on, it's not the end of the world, gradually as time passes by, you will feel better.

9. bach26

bach26 New Member

Music can take you away and give you a break from replaying the breakup over and over in your head and it can also give u an outlet.

10. AlexJBoyd

AlexJBoyd New Member

I think you can look at it in two ways. On the one hand it can make you feel better to hear someone articulate your own feelings, making you feel less alone. On the other, I'm not sure how helpful it is in the long-term to have those feelings repeatedly validated, to actually spend more time with those negative feelings rather than taking steps towards positivity.

11. jaymart0106

jaymart0106 New Member

music can make your mood swing. it's just that simple.

12. leezshang

leezshang New Member

Music can change moods . It depends on the music your listening if it can help you to relieve your heartache or make the situation worst. When people are heartbroken, we tend to create more self inflicted pain. We even listen to sad song and stare in front of the bus window while the rain is falling hard. So dont expect that you will feel better after series of dramatic acts accompanied by sad songs. If you wanted to feel better choose a happy song that can uplift your well being and can bring out well fonded spirits within you. It can't heel broken hearts but it can cheer you up.

13. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

Yes it can. You just have to be careful what songs you listen to when you feel this way. Some songs that are sad might make you feel worse. Try listening to cheerful music when you feel down. In the end, time heals everything.

14. Isakft

Isakft Member

Yes, but it can also make you even sadder. My experience when being down, or heartbroken, listening to sad songs makes me emotional, and I often can relate to the lyrics, which actually in some weird way cures my broken hearth. I'll often just listen to music when feeling down, but I can't really explain how or why it makes everything better... Guess you'll just have to try it out yourself, and maybe you'll get the same feeling as me. Note: Turn on your saddest beats and cry your emotions away.

15. kennanpnt

kennanpnt New Member

Music is an art form. And I believe that art is the product of emotions. When we feel sad, we often call our friends and hang out with them because of what the feeling, the emotion of being with them gives us. Many of us have already experienced that, "I forgot all my troubles whenever that I'm with you guys". And that is more on the extraverted side of explaining it. On the other side of the coin, there are the introverted ones who thrive in solitude for relief. And instead of accompanying themselves with their friends, they resort more on those non-human companions like pets, nature, poetry, and music. Heartaches start in the mind. And nothing else could trigger a reflective state than a good, relatable, and timely playlist.