can music save someone form depression

Discussion in 'Music' started by cakehatzombie, Sep 29, 2018.

1. cakehatzombie

cakehatzombie New Member

music is a really good way to cope with alot of things for me. but i have been thinking about how much people listen to it and feel good because of it if you listen to it enough maybe it can help you save your self from depression or help you with anxiety i do know a few friends that cope with anxiety through music

2. kelvin235

kelvin235 New Member

Maybe, but if they listen to sad song it will not help them. I prefer to if they listen to good music like pop, etc..

3. jesmoren

jesmoren New Member

I feel like questions like these are tough to answer because you can justify both sides heavily. Plenty of songs talk about depression and sometimes I feel like they end up normalizing the issue to the point where people feel like if someone else is going through it and they can talk about it, it might not be as big of a problem. The flip side of that coin would be that getting people to feel comfortable about talking is also a way to help people deal with what they're going through. This is definitely a slippery slope.

4. theresajane

theresajane New Member

I was a person who had been depressed for quite some time and I shut my door from the world. I literally closed my door and isolate myself from my family and from social gatherings. So, as someone who had been through the unfortunate point of life. I have to say, music helped me redeem the part of me that needed saving.

Lee Hi's "Breathe" was one of the songs that helped me get through that state years ago. The melody soothed my soul and the lyrics comforted me through hard times- hearing your heavy breath, one may think you've been through a lot in a day, don't worry, you worked hard. you're appreciated. Don't give up and take a deep breath. That's not the verbatim lyrics of the song, but it's definitely the message that helped me.

Also, when you are in a state of depression, talking to someone may be hard. The communication that the composer of the music conveys takes a great part in a person who's coping up. Though Lee Hi's "Breathe" was composed by someone who had undergone depression and later on, ended his life, I will make sure that his effort in creating such a masterpiece will never be put to trash. Even though everyone will forget about it, I will still remember it because it saved me.

5. Yes! i am also experiencing depression and one of my therapy is to listen in music.
    but it depends on the music you are listening to. do not listen to sad song.

6. Jazzy26

Jazzy26 New Member

Yes, because i am also suffering from it and then i just listening to a song that can help me to change my mood.

7. Jomzkie87

Jomzkie87 New Member

In my own experience, music can help me build confidence and even makes me feel happy.Music is a Natural therapy.I will say Yes, music can help and save people suffering depression.

8. GeorgeDr

GeorgeDr New Member

Music can of course help with matters like this , it effects the mood can make you happier but in a matter like this i would advise for someone to seek help firstly and the music can be a very big helping factor.

9. ezekielronquillo

ezekielronquillo New Member

When I'm depressed listening to happy music actually makes me feel worse. Instead of being uplifting the positive lyrics instead make me feel bad because I worry my life will never be like that. That's why I only ever listen to sad music. It eases my mind to know that I'm not the only one who's suffered like this. I actually listen to music all day and like never take my headphones off so I have always wondered why but I will always love music. Listening music is the best. you won't hear 'those voices' again. especially if you listening music in a quite room, alone, i like it so much, idk if the others. i really hate it when my whole body aches as my negative thinks creeping over my mind. it feel like just want to run away. to the where anybody couldn't recognize me.

10. Babylyn

Babylyn New Member

Yes music can save a human in his or her depression. Music saves life of a human because depresssion is not a easy word, its give a lot of meaning and sad emotion. Depression is a rear diases that hard to cure. So music is the dosage in the diases called depression.

11. markdavis

markdavis New Member

Yes of course I think music can save someone from depression. More specifically, I think anything that a person relishes is able to save them. Just to clarify, while music might lift me from a depression, or even 'save' me, it may not provide that for you. Your life ring might be something else entirely different.

12. bethmallorca

bethmallorca New Member

Yes specially worship songs it helps to enlighten their mind that they are not alone because God is always there for us.

13. 0strich0377

0strich0377 New Member

Music is a therapy. It calms the souls. It makes us express our feelings when words cannot. It embraces you with its melodies and frees your mind from worries. That is how music affects those who undergone depression like me. Unlike the most who will resort to inspirational and praise songs, the slow rock music more speaks to my soul. I do not feel alone when I listen to it. It takes away negative thoughts and feelings because the song itself is like speaking to you in a manner that is not obtrusive.

yes, I absolutely believe that music saves anyone from depression. In many ways, it can.

14. benjohn

benjohn New Member

Yes! Music can definitely help someone to cope up with depression. I have experienced depression at some point in my life, and music really played a big role for me get healed. I love music, not only because of every song's melody but because of the message we get from the lyrics. Being depressed, sometimes you cannot find someone to talk to because you can not find the words to explain how and what you really feel. In my case, I found peace whenever I listen to music, especially to inspirational songs because the song interprets what i really feel.

15. Badjouras

Badjouras New Member

Music can do much things as ambience, therapy (musical therapy), works well with children to develop knowledge and motor coordination, so I think it would help getting out of depression, it's not like a pill you consume, but like a help you can get to improve your state of mind and spirit.

16. aeamoyo

aeamoyo New Member

Music alone cannot save someone from depression. Music lovers can benefit from it but how about those who are not? What a person with depression really needs is a compassionate person, a friend.

17. ea728

ea728 New Member

I guess it can. Because I believe that music also has a special healing property emotionally. It can give hope and invoke positive feelings and emotions.

18. Eric35

Eric35 Member

yes specially when you listen christian songs because it will lift you spirit and remember the Goodness of God to Us

19. simplyjoy

simplyjoy New Member

I do believe that music heals the soul. So in that sense yes music act as a catalyst for someone suffering from depression to at least find some relief and to find that inner calmness and peace. However I think it is still up to the individual's perspective and disposition and how the people and community around him/her support him/her as to how fast he/she would recover.

20. diannekaytolentino

diannekaytolentino New Member

Yes, music can save a person from depression because music help our body and mind relax specially classical and instrumental music. It help reduce muscle tension, decrease anxiety and enhanced interpersonal relationship. Doctors use music for sale emotional release by listening and creating music music with therapeutic context with allows individual to express themselves in a nonverbal ways.

21. acd

acd New Member

Yes, music rejuvenate and makes a person feel young. It affects and create good emotions to a person or individual resulting to a positive behavior. It also affect a person to concentrate and study as well.

22. whlven

whlven New Member

Yes. Music has that magical touch that eases the mind, soothes the soul and calms the being. Listening to it seems to transcend your being to a different place that is very much capable to calm your soul, where you feel secure and at ease once again. It also acts as an outlet to let the whole world know how you feel inside, to lessen the pain, reduces the hurt and bring you a little happiness. It makes you realize, you are not alone after all since it helps you let out all the pain, the anger, hurt, disappointments and sadness.

23. Medalina

Medalina New Member

Absolutely yes. Music save someone from depression.Listening to music can benefit overall well-being, help regulate emotions, and create happiness and relaxation.

24. lessurmitch

lessurmitch Member

It does matter what song you're going to listen if you're depressed. I have experienced it actually and I thought it's not going to work. But there are few things I've learned when listening to music. It is when you have to understand the lyrics of the song. There are types of songs that you can pick so you can listen to it and all you need to do is to feel the rhythm, lyrics and the deep meaning behind a song. It'll totally save you from depression.

25. kevinjohn1

kevinjohn1 New Member

I would really say Yes. Music has that emotional spiritual touch that eases the mind, you can receive quality sleep by simply listening to soft music. A lot of people listen to classic music or mellow songs to help them get a good night rest. Getting a peaceful sleep is important for any person. If you are into intensive activities, you might want to get at least eight hours of sleep on a daily basis. Athletes as well as any average individual who’s into strenuous physical or mental activities should consider getting quality rest, especially at night. Music helps our mind and body to relax so that it can get quality rest along with the right amount of sleep.

26. I will consider it helping because listening to some music can express your emotion, but I rather suggest to have a companion or a friend to listen to your music if you are suffering from a depression, because listening to music while you are alone will make a person more lonely,

I would like to suggest also if you have a pet like domestic animals like dogs and cats maybe they can also be helpful for reliving on your suffering into depression in case there is no people or friends that will be there for you as soon as possible.

27. Jheianna

Jheianna New Member

Songs are powerful and can allow you to escape into a world that doesn't exist. While for many, and in many instances, that can be a pitfall, in times of crisis, sometimes fabrication is needed to convince someone life is worth living. Also, if the person or yourself is trapped in what appears to be a hopeless situation, some fabrication of hope can be just what the person needs. By creating a false world, you can believe that there is something worth living for until you are able to 1) meet the person that will be the help you need or 2) you are able to counsel yourself out of them. Music can encourage you when you have doubts and are unable to carry on. It affects your mindset which in turn, determines your outlook on life. Listening to positive music can allow you to see life in a better way and have a more levelheaded approach to your life and problems. With a levelheaded mindset, you are less likely to make rash decisions as suicide.
    Thank you for reading my opinion, and please know that never is ALL hope lost. You always have the opportunity to make your life better through a positive mindset and hard work. Good luck.

28. thorizq88

thorizq88 New Member

Yes, music can bring people to a calm state depend on what type of music they listening to. but sometimes it doesn't matter of what the type of music come from when the listener likes it.

29. reubensausal

reubensausal New Member

Yes, Music can make your heart melt and reduce anger on your side. It also reduce the negative aura on your body and replace it with good aura for a better feeling on wards. Music can also make you emotionally touched, spiritually healed and mentally calmed try to play music while facing a hard task then you will notice it will reduce the heavy feeling inside your heart and mind, Just try it you'll thank me later.

30. phixis

phixis New Member

Sometimes it really depends on the person. When a sad song plays, the person will be really depressed because he/she can sometimes relate to a particular song.