Can you easily forgive or not?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by amitkokiladitya, May 30, 2017.

1. Xyrus Darren Catilo

Xyrus Darren Catilo New Member

For me I can forgive someone easily because I know the feeling of not getting forgiven, it is hard when you apologize and to do anything just to be forgiven. But I think it depends also on the person that done such mistakes.

Forgiving someone can be sometimes hard but lets us learn to accept whether they forgive you are not because it can make you a better person.

2. MmClavel1890

MmClavel1890 New Member

It depends upon the situation. Simple mistakes I can easily forgive but mistakes that can change my life, mistakes that can give a scar, a trauma or unforgettable memories, I can still give them my forgiveness but it will take time. Days, months or even years I don't know. Even if I forgive them I couldn't easily forget. Forgive but never forget.

3. atan

atan New Member

its so hard to forgive its depend on how this person hurts you so much. but time will come that we should forgive the person that hurt us so much as what God has said "Forgive and Forget"..
    here's some quotes i want to share to you all..
    “Forgiveness is freedom. Forgiveness is liberation. Forgiveness is a choice. If you forgive and forget you are free but, if you keep it, you shall always have it and it shall always rule and direct your heart, mind, body and spirit.”

4. Stax11

Stax11 New Member

Yes i forgive easily but i never forget just in case you want to play dumb with me again. Always careful with the people who have hurt me and i pull back on how i relate with them and i also withdraw my trust from them.

5. bexk8_

bexk8_ New Member

Forgiving others is very important and in an ideal world the answer to this question would be yes, you can easily forgive but, sadly, we are in the real world and this is not usually the case. I feel that most people find it very difficult to forgive others. More often than not we claim that we have forgiven but deep down we still hold grudges and we base our thoughts and actions on those said grudges.

6. love224

love224 New Member

For me forgiveness is also forgetting what ever mistakes they have done to you. So I don't think I can say that I
    can easily forgive others for the wrong doing. Yes I can easily say that I already forgive him/her. But I can not easily forget what ever they have done to me. It takes time to forget and heal all the wounds that causes the pain.

7. yceiiya

yceiiya New Member

Forgiveness will give you peace of mind. Yes I know it's hard to forgive especially if it really causes you so much pain. Yes, it's hard to forgive if the person hurts you did not ask for your forgiveness. It is not easy to forgive. We need courage, strength and time to do this. But forgiveness is the only way to let go of the pain and the hatred. So, please have the courage to do so because this is for your own benefit. This is for us to move forward and live our lives to the fullest. We need to forgive in order for us to have a happy life.

8. Vashuan

Vashuan New Member

Yes, it's really easy to forgive, because we are just human created by God not so perfect that can also commit mistakes. Forgiving others for the mistakes or wrong doings they've made against us, doesn't mean we also have to forget the pain they caused us. It also doesn't mean, that we have to hold grudges. But rather, it will all serves us as our lessons in life.

9. good101

good101 New Member

For me I could easily forgive but I could never forget .

10. Vashuan

Vashuan New Member

Yes, it's really easy to forgive, because we are just human created by God not so perfect that can also commit mistakes. Forgiving others for the mistakes or wrong doings they've made against us, doesn't mean we also have to forget the pain they caused us. It also doesn't mean, that we have to hold grudges. But rather, it will all serves us as our lessons in life.

11. ilovesarah08

ilovesarah08 New Member

Before, I can't forgive easily. Why? because I believe that when you forgive easily, they will always repeat the mistake and hurt you again. Because they know that you will always forgive them so it's okay for them to do it again. I also felt that it is a weakness.

But I realized that it's not a weakness. Actually it is the best thing you can do to yourself even that person don't deserve your forgiveness. It actually gives you peace and forgiving someone will not make you less. I came to the point in my life that I forgive someone even he didn't ask for forgiveness, because I deserve peace and who am I not to forgive?

12. ericladrera

ericladrera New Member

Trust is something that I really value. If someone betrayed me or caused me something that I'll never forget, I'll never treat that person same as I how treated them before. I can easily forgive a person if it's not their intension to hurt me or they have a good purpose for doing it. But I can not easily give back the trust. I think its different from forgiving. Yes, forgiving is setting you free from the anger that you felt and its for your own good. Trust is a sensitive matter, anger will leave you a lesson that you will not forget. From this lesson you will learn not to trust the same person who hurt you before.

You can forgive but you cannot forget. You can free yourself from anger and because it will lessen your problems . But you don't need to forget the lessons that you've learned. It will help you knowing the person very well.

13. Davisho

Davisho Member

If they new they where wrong before they did it, maybe not, so it depends on the case and how bad things got.

14. jacqsew

jacqsew New Member

Forgiving people is very hard to do.
    I for one, had a hard time forgiving people and sometimes I wish I've forgotten about it.
    One time, when I was angry at someone, I got a heavy heart. It bothered me, so I forgave that person and the heaviness was gone. But then again, I had someone I didn't like but again I need to forgive coz when I thought about Jesus on how He suffered on the cross, nobody suffered like Him, He was nailed, He was whipped, and calling Him names but He never ask God to punish us nor take revenge, He instead love those people who whipped, nailed and hurt Him.
    So I must remember what He did for me, for us. so I can forgive and forget people who wronged me.

15. Kcdeang

Kcdeang New Member

"People who have good hearts will always end up losing because we always give more than what we receive, we always FORGIVE, and we accept the love we get even when we know we deserve better"

I never had any trouble in forgiving someone, No matter what they have done. Even if they're not sorry, I will always forgive, I don't forgive for them, I forgive for me. why? Because i deserve a peace of mind. No matter what happens only forgiveness will set me free but always remember.. forgiving doesn't mean FORGETTING. its okay to forgive them but never forget what they did to you, serve it as a lesson to never trust him or her again.

If you think that they don't deserve forgiveness, always think of yourself. stop being angry.. stop being restless. Live your life, because forgiving means moving on.. and moving on means being happy.

16. Icee

Icee New Member

I can easily forgive since forgiveness is for our own growth and happiness. When we hold on to hurt, pain, resentment, and anger it harms us far more than it harms the offender. Moreover, forgiveness allows us to move on without anger or contempt or seeking revenge.

Even a famous passage from Mahatma Gandhi says,
    “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.”
    How about you? Are you strong enough to forgive?