Can you live a day without a Computer and Cellphone?

Discussion in 'Computers' started by joanbuslon, Mar 2, 2019.

1. joanbuslon

joanbuslon Member

For me yes, as long as I have books to read why not. It's even a cleansing form for me. Imagine almost 24 hours of facing computer or mobile phones is actually not a healthy idea. In our generation today it's already a necessity that you will have a smartphone or a computer. Because it's either you need it for work or for communication with your family who is far away from you.

2. Isakft

Isakft Member

I could easily spend a day without any online or technical communication. My day would've probably started at my local gym. Later, I would seek the tallest mountain top in sight, while bringing my pen and textbook. Peacefull, and perfect for both writing and reading.

3. vricsihun

vricsihun New Member

Absolutely not. I use my phone so much a day, that would be impossible to me if i cant talk to my friend on it.

4. maryssmaricar

maryssmaricar Member

Yes, I can. When I'm at my mom's province where there is no signal and a breathe of fresh air, no computers or smartphones can disturb me. Lately, I've been so hooked with these two because I am cramming for my final wave of requirements this semester. I badly need a break from all of these.

5. mondjan

mondjan New Member

Of course, I can and I think everybody can do it.
    The problem is when we become addicted to the computer or the cellphone.
    Is the same problem that has a drug addicted or alcohol addicted person.
    Nowadays the tech devices have an important place in our everyday activities but it doesn't mean we can't live without.
    Just remember that there are a lot of things you can do without a cellphone or a computer like sports, books, hanging out with friends, theaters, a good conversation with your girl etc.

6. Makinaru

Makinaru New Member

Seriously I can't live without a computer or cellphone in a day. These two are my everyday life. I watch movies, listen to music and play different game on my computer and/or cellphone. It's not considered to be addiction, for a person like me that doesn't like to go out much of my room computer and cellphone are my mode of entertainment.

7. bloodybrain

bloodybrain Member

Of course i can, when I'm with my friend or special someone i can spend my whole day with them without using my phone or laptop, because I'm happier with them

8. goldenraph

goldenraph New Member

The fact that I run most of my communications on these two devices will make it highly impossible for me to live without them even for a day. I belong to so many whatsapp groups, I respond to so many email messages, I even run my business on these devices.

9. Starcity

Starcity New Member

I don't think i'm a tech addict, so yes, i could live a day without a computer or a smartphone.
    I agree that they help us everyday , but there must still be a limit, not to forget that we have to spend time with family and friends. Also, life is beautiful, we don't need tehnology to be happy.

10. Etaypink1

Etaypink1 Active Member

computer for working and cell phone for personal

1 person likes this.
  11. Rooneey

Rooneey Member

Of course i can live without them. I have friends and family. I can eat without those gadgets. Gadgets is not my top priority.

12. JACKZ1029

JACKZ1029 New Member

for me i cannot lived without them. computer and cellphone its part of our daily lives now since the year 2000. we need these two technology to enhanced our learning, to communicate easily to people, to know more on whats happening on the country and to the world.

13. RebeccaHoof

RebeccaHoof New Member

I would like to say I can, but when it really comes down to it, I do really need them.
    I think that I could handle 1 day without them, but 1 week would be too much.
    I work as a photographer so I need a laptop to edit my pictures.

14. Vinziboi11

Vinziboi11 New Member

"Sure I can! Just give me food water and shelter and I good" that's what I want to say. I think I'm addicted to social media, Netflix and mobile games so, although I will survive its going to be outside my regular routine.

15. JMae372

JMae372 Member

Of course I can. Other than going through the internet and playing with my phone, there are still a lot more better things to do that can satisfy my boredom.

16. Allanjohn30

Allanjohn30 Member

A big YES as an answer for that question. I know that I am with my computer and cellphone right now and they are very important for me because they are one of the channels of my income and communication. But as we talk about "living" I would really say that I can live without them for I am able to live comfortably when I was a child. We can either say that "living without them is kinda boring" considering our generation today. What if try something else? sports, reading, painting, dancing or any other things that you can try so that you can comfortably live without gadgets.

Well at the end it is still self discipline that will work things out. :)

17. Warren1967

Warren1967 Well-Known Member

Yes I can. I don't want to be too dependent on technology. If I were to use a computer, it would be for something important. There's more to life than being online all the time.

18. tmcastor

tmcastor New Member

The quality of my relationships with other people and productivity would go down, but I'm confident enough to say that I can survive a day. Any longer than that and I doubt I'd be able to function in society. Everything is heavily reliant on technology, it's practically ingrained in our culture. If other people went without technology as well, then I could probably last a while.

19. klynne18

klynne18 New Member

I think no. Browsing cellphone is part of my daily routine. And it's part of everyday communication.